Here she is....
still sitting at my bro's house.

7847 7848 7849 7850 7851

Banzai
June 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Rock on! Now the fun begins!

Snake
June 27th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Why is it just sitting? You should be riding it.

bob706
June 27th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Very nice :thumbup:

sharky nrk
June 27th, 2010, 09:57 AM
great bike!!!!

tinng321
June 27th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Why is it just sitting? You should be riding it.

She's not registered yet.
I wish DMV opens on Sunday.

I took her out for a ride around the neighborhood. I was scared at first cuz I couldn't reach the ground with both feet. Borrowed my brother work boots. Added another 1.25 inche. It helped but still wasn't enough. At the stop sign I have to slide my butt over to the left to stop then back to the right to shift. I'll try to trim the seat by an inch to see if that will help.

tinng321
June 27th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Rock on! Now the fun begins!

Did you get the seat cowl from the dealer?
HOw much was it?

Thanks,
Tin

Alex
June 27th, 2010, 01:17 PM
/moved to the lair

austexjg
June 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM
That thing is nice...

Banzai
June 27th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Did you get the seat cowl from the dealer?
HOw much was it?

Thanks,
Tin

You would have to order it through the parts department. I found it cheaper and faster to go through ebay.

Grn99Kawi
June 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Thats hot! I knew you would be back on two wheels soon.. didnt think it would take as long as it did.. but that is worth the wait!

Good luck with it. enjoy!
Adam

Banzai
June 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Before you take another ride, this should be your first order of business: Setting Sag w/Dave Moss (http://www.onthethrottle.com/content/view/73/73/)

That'll walk you through everything, although our front forks have slightly different locations for the adjustments. Bear in mind that the OM settings are hard, the SM settings are soft. Most of us are finding some balance between the two, despite the mismatched f/r springs.

gogoKawi
June 27th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Another ZX6. Welcome! You will enjoy it immensely.

tinng321
June 27th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks everyone and Tom for all the info.
I'm only 5'4'' and had difficult time reaching the ground with both of my feet even with an 1.25 inch boots.
I shaved the seat today and for the first time I was able to touch the ground with both of my feet. Now, I feel alot more confident.
I think I will install the lowering link and lower it another inch to be safe until I'm real comfortable. I don't care if it affect the handling. I don't track, race or go crazy so it shouldn't matter.
Can't wait to register her and take her out for strawberry ice cream..

:D

Betlog
June 27th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks everyone and Tom for all the info.
I'm only 5'4'' and had difficult time reaching the ground with both of my feet even with an 1.25 inch boots.
I shaved the seat today and for the first time I was able to touch the ground with both of my feet. Now, I feel alot more confident.
I think I will install the lowering link and lower it another inch to be safe until I'm real comfortable. I don't care if it affect the handling. I don't track, race or go crazy so it shouldn't matter.
Can't wait to register her and take her out for strawberry ice cream..

:D

Tin, I'm the same height as you and have been wanting this bike for a while now. I've sat on a few before and I can't flat foot but can reach the ground with my toes, was that the same for you?

Banzai
June 28th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Don't forget to drop the front forks some in the tripple tree to compensate for lowering the back. The SM I sent you has all the torques in it.

tinng321
June 28th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Tin, I'm the same height as you and have been wanting this bike for a while now. I've sat on a few before and I can't flat foot but can reach the ground with my toes, was that the same for you?

With stock seat, I was barely touching the ground with my toes.
Since I've shaved the seat, I can reach the ground with both of my feet saftly. I would say 1/3 of my feet touch the ground. I also had work boots on. They are even thicker than Timberlands. There's a disadvantage to boots.
They are so thick which makes it difficult when shifting. Going back and forth below and above the shifter is something you just have to get use to.

tinng321
June 28th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Don't forget to drop the front forks some in the tripple tree to compensate for lowering the back. The SM I sent you has all the torques in it.

Thank you again sir.
I don't think I want to mess around with the forks.
My plan is to drop the back 1'' for a month then raise it back up to stock.
Honestly, now that I've shaved the seat I do feel 90% safer.

tinng321
June 28th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Thats hot! I knew you would be back on two wheels soon.. didnt think it would take as long as it did.. but that is worth the wait!

Good luck with it. enjoy!
Adam

Thanks Adam....Love those f4...:)

backinthesaddleagain
June 28th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Looks great! Best of luck with it.

carajean
June 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM
OMG I just sold my 250 yesterday and 3 hours later picked up a slightly used and abused 2006 zx6r. Mostly I just gotta replace the plastics but the engine is tight from the way it rides. Next thursday Im gonna have a full service done on her to see where she is at really.

tinng321
June 29th, 2010, 06:12 AM
OMG I just sold my 250 yesterday and 3 hours later picked up a slightly used and abused 2006 zx6r. Mostly I just gotta replace the plastics but the engine is tight from the way it rides. Next thursday Im gonna have a full service done on her to see where she is at really.

Congrat!
Post some pics when you have a chance...:)

carajean
July 1st, 2010, 11:07 AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/carajean206/20100630?feat=directlink

Here are some pics bike a bit cosmetically rough but is in decent shape.

I have yet to get the guts to go past 31mph or out of second gear for that matter. I heard these bike get wicked at 8-9k rpm. So im a little nervouse and not really trompin on the throttle. I do need to the guts up to ride it to the shop to have them look it over to make sure everything is A ok.

I may note also that this bike is harder to turn than 250 was.

tinng321
July 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Very nice.
You can have those plastics painted for about $150.
I'm thinking of painting my lower fairing and rear hugger to match the bike.

sharky nrk
July 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Thank you again sir.
I don't think I want to mess around with the forks.
My plan is to drop the back 1'' for a month then raise it back up to stock.
Honestly, now that I've shaved the seat I do feel 90% safer.

your gonna want to adjust the front and rear of the bike. setting up the suspension for your weight and preference is a must. if you don't feel confident, there are many places that can help you set the bike up. even if your not tracking the bike, proper adjustment can and will make the bike much more enjoyable.

Banzai
July 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
......proper adjustment can and will make the bike much SAFER.

Fixed it for ya! Only takes about 30 minutes to set it up, even if you've never done it before.

http://www.onthethrottle.com/howto/setting-sag-is-the-first-order-of-suspension-business/

gogoKawi
July 11th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I need to do this sooooo bad. The stock setup is super stiff. I watched that video like 5 times when I first got the bike. I've just been putting it off.