View Full Version : white levers and bar ends (powdercoated)

dbotos
June 28th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Powder is Eastwood's gloss white. Ignore the messy garage. Bike is being transformed from a red/black/silver color scheme to orange/white/black.

dimeified
July 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
I keep coming back to this thread but never commented on it yet. Anyway i think it looks real good. Was there any rubbing issues when you fit the levers back in with the thickness of the powder coating?

dbotos
July 2nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks. The levers fit back in like normal. The only thing I masked was the brass bushing in the brake lever.

Top triple clamp, pivot bolt, and bar risers are next. Need to clean up the triple clamp casting a little bit first...

dimeified
July 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
keep the pics coming...

coolbreeze
July 7th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Looks nice. I can't wait to see the outcome.

coolbreeze
July 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
If I don't 'upgrade' to the newer model this winter, I'm pretty sure I will paint mine.

dbotos
July 7th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks. Here's the latest. Had to do some blending and smoothing on the triple clamp and bar riser castings and then shot those in the gloss white. Pivot bolt got modded a little too so the transition from flat to dish on the top wasn't so abrupt. That and the cable guide (that comes off the front of the triple clamp on the left side) got some matte black.

Not sure what I'll PC next. Might work on painting the body some more. I started doing the brush and wetsand method, but my wife got me an airbrush for Father's Day, which has made things much easier. It's a Badger 350 (external mix, single action). Half price at Michaels with a coupon (which you can get if you sign up for their promo emails).

dbotos
July 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Lookie what I found - good till July 10th:

http://mic.michaels.com/20100704ShopLocalUSTP.aspx

coolbreeze
July 8th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Looks great. I didn't catch it the first time, but will you be switching to a regular (see thru) windscreen or painting it again?

dbotos
July 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Thanks. Windscreen's actually got the first coat of orange on the front. Used to be smoked, but I never really looked through it while riding. Figured it'd make the flow of the bodywork a little nicer looking if it was body color.