View Full Version : Colorado-denver riders?!

Pages : [1] 2

00NissanNinja
July 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Anybody around denver or near denver, looking to possibly hook up for a group ride maybe?

Delta107
July 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Possibly! My schedule is really random right now.

00NissanNinja
July 19th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Cool I guess you could pm me when you have free time, though my free time is going to go bye-bye in a couple months.

Delta107
July 19th, 2010, 11:02 PM
College?

Ok i will PM if I have free time.

00NissanNinja
July 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Yep college and sounds good

Cazper
July 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
I will be in the Springs from about the 5th to the like the 18th... might be too much of a ride though... let me know.

00NissanNinja
July 22nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hmmm... Maybe, depends how I fell I guess. Coming back to check out CO huh:D Are you bringing your bike out here? Well I might try to come out there if I think my body can handle the ninja's seat lol, but I'm planning on modding it anyways as soon as this seat cover gets here

bdavison
July 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
I used to live in Golden, back when I was going to school at Lowry AFB....yeah I know....I just dated myself.

Anyway. I remember there was a road that went up towards the Coors brewery and on one side was a big fiberglass downhill sledding thingy that you could ride these little plastic bobsled looking things down. We used to haul butt down that thing.

I miss Denver....I have some really good memories from up there.

rustler753
July 22nd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Live in boulder, but denver aint bad. Post here if you get anything going!

00NissanNinja
July 22nd, 2010, 11:52 PM
I used to live in Golden, back when I was going to school at Lowry AFB....yeah I know....I just dated myself.

Anyway. I remember there was a road that went up towards the Coors brewery and on one side was a big fiberglass downhill sledding thingy that you could ride these little plastic bobsled looking things down. We used to haul butt down that thing.

I miss Denver....I have some really good memories from up there.

Oh yeah I know what you are talking about!, I remember seeing that when I used to go up to the school of mines to work on fuel cells a couple years ago, they might have screwed that up though since they have been doing construction over there.

@rustler
Hey I go to CU Boulder! might see you some time around there, might have even seen you in my car lol.

rustler753
July 22nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
@rustler
Hey I go to CU Boulder! might see you some time around there, might have even seen you in my car lol.

You should come with me and a friend to IMI raceway! Its alot of fun and perfect for the ninja. I ride around on a black 929 with red flames, maybe you have seen me :p I go to CU as well, working on my 2nd degree in EE engineering.

00NissanNinja
July 23rd, 2010, 12:00 AM
You should come with me and a friend to IMI raceway! Its alot of fun and perfect for the ninja. I ride around on a black 929 with red flames, maybe you have seen me :p I go to CU as well, working on my 2nd degree in EE engineering.

I think I might have seen you, I'm a junior in mechanical engineering:thumbup:, Might have to try checking out IMI I haven't been there before. Gonna need some better tires on my bike though before I do some really aggressive riding the stock tires are kind of lame:o

rustler753
July 23rd, 2010, 12:07 AM
I think I might have seen you, I'm a junior in mechanical engineering:thumbup:, Might have to try checking out IMI I haven't been there before. Gonna need some better tires on my bike though before I do some really aggressive riding the stock tires are kind of lame:o

You'd be surprised, I rode my 250 pretty hard on the stock tires! You probably saw me in the ME wing a few times, my first degree was mechanical eng :thumbup:

00NissanNinja
July 23rd, 2010, 12:27 AM
You'd be surprised, I rode my 250 pretty hard on the stock tires! You probably saw me in the ME wing a few times, my first degree was mechanical eng :thumbup:

Awesome!, who knew lol mechies:D

Cazper
July 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM
I am planning to bring the bike too... I'm moving from MN to CA and I will be staying with family in CO for a couple weeks. I have to figure out if I can fit the car and the bike on the auto trailer... if I can I'm bringing both, if I can't I'm going to have to let the movers take the bike.

00NissanNinja
July 23rd, 2010, 10:12 PM
I am planning to bring the bike too... I'm moving from MN to CA and I will be staying with family in CO for a couple weeks. I have to figure out if I can fit the car and the bike on the auto trailer... if I can I'm bringing both, if I can't I'm going to have to let the movers take the bike.

Cool i'll PM you if I can make it or maybe we could all meet up some place during that time frame

Cazper
July 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Cool i'll PM you if I can make it or maybe we could all meet up some place during that time frame

Sounds like a plan! I always look forward to a chance to group ride... always better than alone!

spooph
July 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Nissan, I'm close to Boulder in L-town. Graduated from CU w/ Media Studies (Journalism). Not as smart as you engineering cats... I work in boulder though, just about to start a new job working nights, so my early afternoons will be open to riding. Starting August 1st, I'll be available. Let me know, eh?

00NissanNinja
July 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Nissan, I'm close to Boulder in L-town. Graduated from CU w/ Media Studies (Journalism). Not as smart as you engineering cats... I work in boulder though, just about to start a new job working nights, so my early afternoons will be open to riding. Starting August 1st, I'll be available. Let me know, eh?

Sure thing, probably will try to get most of us together hopefully in August sometime maybe like the 2nd week

rustler753
July 27th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Sure thing, probably will try to get most of us together hopefully in August sometime maybe like the 2nd week

I'm totally dragging you and him with us to IMI raceway then.

spooph
July 27th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Rustler, I love IMI! And with the new job starting, I might have more time to be able to go...

Delta107
July 27th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Someone say IMI?

Never been but looks fun!

00NissanNinja
July 27th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Someone say IMI?

Never been but looks fun!

Cool I guess we could all try to go there or something in August and try to Cazper to come too if he doesn't mind the distance.

Cazper
July 28th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I was doing the research on trailers and I don't think I'll be able to have the bike. U-Haul is the only company that will rent auto trailers by themselves. The only trailer they offer is only 12'4"... I don't think I'll be able to put the car and the bike on the trailer... I'm definitely bummed. I'll know for sure on Monday when I get the actual trailer... if it works I'll bring it... if not the movers are going to move the bike for me.

Luxodave
July 28th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I am in Castle Rock. Let me know if you come down this way.

00NissanNinja
July 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I was doing the research on trailers and I don't think I'll be able to have the bike. U-Haul is the only company that will rent auto trailers by themselves. The only trailer they offer is only 12'4"... I don't think I'll be able to put the car and the bike on the trailer... I'm definitely bummed. I'll know for sure on Monday when I get the actual trailer... if it works I'll bring it... if not the movers are going to move the bike for me.

Alright let us know how it goes... If you don't mind me asking what kind of car cause that is about 148inches of space and most cars have a wheel base of about 100-120 overhangs add around 10 inches to the wheelbase so you might have room to put it diagonally but IDK the trailer shape.

@Luxodave Sure thing. I guess if all of us CO riders are interested we could try meeting up someplace and taking a group ride up to IMI raceway or something. That way those of you who are interested can get on the track if you want. Sound good?

Luxodave
July 29th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Awesome.

Cazper
July 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I've got an 05' Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. I think its gonna be close at best... I'll definitely let you know though...

00NissanNinja
July 30th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I've got an 05' Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. I think its gonna be close at best... I'll definitely let you know though...
Oh that's a fun car:thumbup: I tried to get one of those a while back but that failed. Probably will be close, but yeah let us know...

00NissanNinja
July 31st, 2010, 10:24 AM
So what does everyone's availability look like? rustler says its best to go to IMI on a weekday since it is less crowded or we could go for a group ride somewhere (IDK any good roads yet so I'm down for suggestions) over the weekend. But we could still see about going to IMI over the weekend too...

spooph
July 31st, 2010, 11:16 AM
My availability will be changing 8/2, and I'm not sure how I'll adjust to the new schedule. I might be able to make a half-day at IMI during the week.

As much as I love the track, I think my schedule prefers me to hit the canyons on the weekends (le sux), but better than nothing!

Depending on when you all can get IMI together, I'll have to see if I can join or not. Carry on, carry on..

Delta107
July 31st, 2010, 08:36 PM
Weekdays are better for me. But my schedule changes here in 2 weeks again. Just plan something and give us the details. I may or may not be able to go.

00NissanNinja
August 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
So lets try to get this ride together whats everyone's availability look like 12th-14th of August so we can see how many people can get together within those few of days, and then we can decide on a date to go.

spooph
August 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM
My schedule is still very much in the air, but conceivably, I'd be able to make the 14th!

Delta107
August 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM
I possibly could do the 14th in the morning I work at 3:30pm. Plus IMI is about 1 hour away.

My work schedule changes on the 14th too soo ............ yeah. ugh LIFE!

Delta107
August 1st, 2010, 07:12 PM
Anyone know if I have to have my mom sign a waiver since i'm not 18 yet for IMI?

00NissanNinja
August 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
Anyone know if I have to have my mom sign a waiver since i'm not 18 yet for IMI?
Didn't think about that lol, I think that is for go-karts but it wouldn't hurt to have her fill it out. I'll pm once I ask rustler how it works.
http://imimotorsports.com/index.php?page=rentals

spooph
August 2nd, 2010, 10:12 PM
D, yo mamma will have to sign a waiver.... So bring her on out too. She can meet the gang! Remember what I said about the "buzzing bees"... It's starting to come together! :D

50sGrl
August 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
From my Noob Rider thread:

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I did look up IMI and, tho I see the point to practicing at a track, it's farther than I'm willing to ride, especially considering the type of roads to get there. I've been playing in the twisties (went on a leisurely 3-hour ride this morning -- it was glorious!) and I'd gladly meet up for something like that, as long as you all are aware that I'm a card-carrying member of AARP and you don't mind riding with your grandmother.

Spooph, I've seen your posts on CSC, and you other guys, if you don't know about Colorado Sportbike Club, you might check out their site as well.

EDIT: Afraid I can't make it the weekend of the 14th -- you guys have fun.

zartan
August 3rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
You guys are making me sick with envy!

00NissanNinja
August 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
You guys are making me sick with envy!
What? Used to live in CO? Its not my fault, they started it! Wait I'm the OP d***:D You can join too if you come out here

zartan
August 3rd, 2010, 10:40 PM
Guess I am missing Spooph and Felix. He and Felix just spent a week with us here in WA. Only way to top that was to have Delta attend , Maybe next time. None of our friends ride so we are now starting to import friends :)

So. Spooph can meet you all and gleen a new group to come ride next time. till we get out there of course!!

00NissanNinja
August 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
Guess I am missing Spooph and Felix. He and Felix just spent a week with us here in WA. Only way to top that was to have Delta attend , Maybe next time. None of our friends ride so we are now starting to import friends :)

So. Spooph can meet you all and gleen a new group to come ride next time. till we get out there of course!!

Oh right on:thumbup:, spooph can try lol, he definitely likes riding a lot. I've never been to WA though my sister may end up moving around there one day.

rustler753
August 4th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Just keep me informed of whatever develops:cool:.

spooph
August 4th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Rustler, you gonna be there the 14th?

rustler753
August 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Rustler, you gonna be there the 14th?

If people plan to be there, I shall. I prefer to ride during weekdays just to avoid traffic tho :)

Delta107
August 6th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I got the day off on the 14th, don't have to worry about being back by 3:30pm to get to work.

So what time are we meeting up at IMI? Anybody in the metro area want to meet then ride up as a group?

00NissanNinja
August 6th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah time to meet up... I guess around 11am or is that too early? 1pm maybe?

Delta107
August 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Never mind I have to work! Got screwed over by a co-worker. UGH! So I have to be back by 3:30pm.

So as early as possible would be nice, I'm determined to go to IMI this summer!

spooph
August 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM
yea, I gots held up too. Sorry folks, won't be able to make the 14th.... This summer has been so freakin busy, it's been unreal!

rustler753
August 7th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah time to meet up... I guess around 11am or is that too early? 1pm maybe?

11-12am is a fair time. Even if you have to share the track, you will be flat out exhausted by 6pm

00NissanNinja
August 7th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Well those of you that are going to go, lets plan to be there between 10:30-11:00 and rustler what is the best way to get there?

rustler753
August 7th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Well those of you that are going to go, lets plan to be there between 10:30-11:00 and rustler what is the best way to get there?

Okay I'll probably show up at 11 with a friend.

The route I take to get there:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=3440+colorado+ave+80303&daddr=5074+Summit+Boulevard,+Dacono,+CO+80514&hl=en&geocode=Fft1YgIdNAS6-Snd_iQkx-1rhzH9aw0MoZ__rw%3BFb8EYwId_Zm--Q&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=40.043711,-104.949251&sspn=0.013191,0.027874&ie=UTF8&z=12

You pass by a toll, but cameras can't see my license plate :p
Btw, you WILL have to drive on a dirt road for like half a mile so dont freak out that you are going the wrong way. ALSO BRING WATER.

00NissanNinja
August 7th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Cool, thanks I'm gonna have to see what you did to your bike can't pass up free riding on a safer and less crowded road:D

rustler753
August 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Never mind I have to work! Got screwed over by a co-worker. UGH! So I have to be back by 3:30pm.

So as early as possible would be nice, I'm determined to go to IMI this summer!

If you show up at 10am, I can guarantee you wont be able to ride till 3pm and not fall face first in exhaustion.

Delta107
August 10th, 2010, 08:19 PM
If you show up at 10am, I can guarantee you wont be able to ride till 3pm and not fall face first in exhaustion.
True!

I'm so excited for Saturday!!

So we have what 5 -6 of us showing up?

00NissanNinja
August 10th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Nope just 4 people unless some others say they want to join in... and I know there are more denver riders on this forum...don't be scared lol:D

Cazper
August 11th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Wish I could've join in the fun... turns out there was no way the bike was going to fit on the trailer with the car... so the movers took the bike. I'm here in the Springs and have had a bad couple days... truck got broken into on Monday and I was in a bicycle accident on Tuesday... I'm fine... have fun on Saturday... take lots of pictures!!!

00NissanNinja
August 11th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Wish I could've join in the fun... turns out there was no way the bike was going to fit on the trailer with the car... so the movers took the bike. I'm here in the Springs and have had a bad couple days... truck got broken into on Monday and I was in a bicycle accident on Tuesday... I'm fine... have fun on Saturday... take lots of pictures!!!

Damn dude, that is not a good way to start a move/small vacation stop:(. I heard the springs have gotten pretty bad lately I guess its true. Well sorry you couldn't make it. I hope the rest of your week goes well and you don't have any more problems like that.

Felix
August 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Just letting you all know, I'll be the bearded guy hanging out with Delta... I'll be taking photo's (got my good SLR), so if anyone wants me to get some extra happy snaps of them come and say hi... I'll make sure I post up a few here after to :D

Felix

rustler753
August 12th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Just letting you all know, I'll be the bearded guy hanging out with Delta... I'll be taking photo's (got my good SLR), so if anyone wants me to get some extra happy snaps of them come and say hi... I'll make sure I post up a few here after to :D

Felix

Siiick.

Delta107
August 12th, 2010, 09:13 PM
FELIX IS COMING!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! lol

00NissanNinja
August 13th, 2010, 12:35 AM
haha well I was really looking forward to coming but I lowsided:( Don't know if my bike is in good condition or not but I'll let you know tomorrow, I would have loved to have some cool pics of me riding, succcckkkkkksssss!!! If it seems okay I'll be there where I said we will meet

zartan
August 13th, 2010, 01:21 AM
FELIX IS COMING!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! lol

Awesome!! I hope you guys have a great time. Flix< you losing that beard before you board that plane?? haha!!

zartan
August 13th, 2010, 01:22 AM
haha well I was really looking forward to coming but I lowsided:( Don't know if my bike is in good condition or not but I'll let you know tomorrow, I would have loved to have some cool pics of me riding, succcckkkkkksssss!!! If it seems okay I'll be there where I said we will meet

yikes hope you and the bike are both ok.

00NissanNinja
August 13th, 2010, 01:26 AM
yikes hope you and the bike are both ok.

I'm alright though my ass is sore and probably is going to be worse tomorrow, bike seems to be okay, feels a little wobbly though and it is scratched up quite a bit. In quite a few places, oh well lesson learned, i'll fix what I can.

Cazper
August 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Man... seems like my week has been getting better and yours took a turn for the worse... glad you are okay... hope the bike turns out to be okay too... good luck, keep us posted!

00NissanNinja
August 13th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Well this isn't the worst thing that has happened to me:) though I am definitely not:). I think it is f'ed for now, i have to get it inspected so IMI is a no go for me as well. Maybe I can try meeting you all again sometime before riding season is over.

Delta107
August 13th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Dude that sucks! Glad your ok, sounds like a few scrapes and bruises.

rustler753
August 13th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Well that sucks. Get well, if you don't show up tomorrow, we'll totally understand, you are much more important than a track day.

Delta107
August 14th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Little Hi-light of my day. Crappy cell pics sorry!
On our way to IMI:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa880afd670c00000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Suiting up:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa89b3d107a800000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/ http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa89b2b4c66500000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa8877b127e600000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/ http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa8919cc07e000000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa88a735270a00000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/ http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa895e03479400000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Leaving, very bumpy dirt road:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d635b3127ccefa88ec7467f600000030O00EatGbVmzcMge3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

00NissanNinja
August 14th, 2010, 08:16 PM
You look like you had a lot of fun! I gotta go there before college becomes overkill! How was it for you all? So disappointed I couldn't come...

mike
August 15th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I'm bringing my bike out to boulder in the spring. Ill pm you if youre still interested by then lol

00NissanNinja
August 15th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm bringing my bike out to boulder in the spring. Ill pm you if youre still interested by then lol

Yep probably will be, I should probably have the bike looking nice by then too, since I am repairing it myself. Welcome to the forums BTW

Delta107
August 15th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Welcome and Yeah will be interested.

rustler753
August 16th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Welcome and Yeah will be interested.

Where are your friends pics :(

00NissanNinja
August 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Where are your friends pics :(

I know huh? he ditched didn't he?

Felix
August 16th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah Yeah, I'm slow but I come through with the goods... I've been playing in the Denver Nature and Science Museum today.

Hope these few are good enough for you :D

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august152Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august149Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august141Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august138Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august134Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august132Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august131Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august130Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august129Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august124Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august121Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august101Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august086Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august072Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august063Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august061Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august052Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august049Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august041Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august038Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august037Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august035Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august034Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august025Large.jpg

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/FelixinUSA/IMI%2014th%20Aug/14august158Large.jpg

Felix

Delta107
August 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I think next time i'm going to fold in the mirrors. Love the smoking boot pic. I have a lot of hair also. hahahah thanks felix for posting.

Felix
August 16th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I think next time i'm going to fold in the mirrors. Love the smoking boot pic. I have a lot of hair also. hahahah thanks felix for posting.

Tis all good, I was gagging to hit the track with you, I think I'll be back on the track pretty damn quick when I get home.

You looked really good out there, showed lots of natural talent, spooph and I were very impressed!

Some new boots and exhaust and you'll be sweet :thumbup:

Felix

rustler753
August 18th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Holy crap, SIIIICK. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm the dude on the black motorcycle with black gear :D:D:D:D

00NissanNinja
August 18th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Felix, those are some fantastic pics:thumbup:, you are making me feel bad lol

00NissanNinja
August 25th, 2010, 01:36 PM
So...When is the next ride gonna be :heh:

spooph
August 25th, 2010, 02:51 PM
what kind of ride is going to be? A city cruise? the canyons? the track? I think we should decide that first, although they're all good right around the same time (middle of a week day).

My availability won't be good until next weekend (first weekend in Sept).

00NissanNinja
August 25th, 2010, 08:16 PM
what kind of ride is going to be? A city cruise? the canyons? the track? I think we should decide that first, although they're all good right around the same time (middle of a week day).

My availability won't be good until next weekend (first weekend in Sept).

Doesn't matter to me track day is fine (city cruise probably not that might be annoying being around traffic), I want you guys to chime in on what you would like to do before the winter comes, I didn't get to meet some of you cause of my little "incident".

Delta107
August 25th, 2010, 08:37 PM
IMI!

The pools close Monday September 6th. I can't do anything on Thursday's. But a Wednesday or a Friday would be best. I prefer to go on a weekday. I think I my have an addiction to the track. ugh need to find a job so I can buy a truck, mod my bike, and have fun going to the track. oh and pay for school cause education is #1 priority (small amount of sarcasm in that last sentence):D

00NissanNinja
August 25th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Okay so that is probably three that are good with a track day, not sure about weekdays though I got long days of engineering fun, unless labor day that is an option:noidea:. pools? you mean swimming pools? CU Boulder has drained my funds to nothing, sigh one day I'll get to mod it...one day. At least I can shim needles and eliminate the snorkel for free:D. Are weekends really bad for you? Become a racer then you will have the money you need lol
BTW I am back on it again:D though I don't like making lefts anymore:o when I am thinking about it
EDIT: spooph how didn't I get you in the pic my bad, I thought I did

spooph
August 27th, 2010, 10:24 AM
It's going to be difficult for me to do a weekday at the track. I'd prefer a week-end, all-day at the track, Saturday or some such. I'll wrangle up a grill, and we can bring stuff to throw on it, and some drinks, etc.....

I'm also planning on doing a 2-day, 900mi trip through CO, hitting Grand Junction, and Steamboat springs over a weekend, if anybody wants to join. I recommend a budget of $60 for each day, plus a fully functional and reliable bike and gear.

I'm down with pretty much anything far enough in advance. Maybe we pick a date first, and then decide what to do? Maybe have a plan a and b?

00NissanNinja
August 27th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Well I can't do weekdays as well cause of school, but how about the 11th of September at IMI (or if you know someplace else you want to try feel free to put up the option). Still waiting on Delta to chime in...

DAKINECHICk
August 28th, 2010, 10:06 AM
It's going to be difficult for me to do a weekday at the track. I'd prefer a week-end, all-day at the track, Saturday or some such. I'll wrangle up a grill, and we can bring stuff to throw on it, and some drinks, etc.....

I'm also planning on doing a 2-day, 900mi trip through CO, hitting Grand Junction, and Steamboat springs over a weekend, if anybody wants to join. I recommend a budget of $60 for each day, plus a fully functional and reliable bike and gear.

I'm down with pretty much anything far enough in advance. Maybe we pick a date first, and then decide what to do? Maybe have a plan a and b?

We have a house in Steamboat....You should stop by! :thumbup:

Delta107
August 28th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Mom doesn't have weekends off in September. So she won't let me ride up to IMI on the weekends. I possibly could be a spectator though.

00NissanNinja
August 28th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Mom doesn't have weekends off in September. So she won't let me ride up to IMI on the weekends. I possibly could be a spectator though.

:( That is unfortunate... I can't miss my fluid dynamics class so my weekdays will always be full unless the prof cancels class.
EDIT: What about Monday on labor day? I believe IMI is still open. What did you mean by "pools"

Delta107
August 29th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I'm a lifeguard at a pool! lol I work Monday the 6th so I won't be able to do that. After Labor day I don't have a job so I should be able to do more.

00NissanNinja
September 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm a lifeguard at a pool! lol I work Monday the 6th so I won't be able to do that. After Labor day I don't have a job so I should be able to do more.

Gotcha, well I guess if there is anything you want to do before temps drop way down you can post or pm.

spooph
September 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Yea sorry folks, it's looking like I'll be able to take the long trip, and that's about it. Doesn't look like I"ll be getting all my track gear ready by this year.... Although I'm getting very close now....

00NissanNinja
September 1st, 2010, 08:22 PM
Yea sorry folks, it's looking like I'll be able to take the long trip, and that's about it. Doesn't look like I"ll be getting all my track gear ready by this year.... Although I'm getting very close now....

That's coo, next time then. BTW I shimmed my needles and got rid of the snorkle so thanks for the recommendation on the washers:thumbup:, the bike is a lot more responsive and fun now.

spooph
September 2nd, 2010, 07:50 AM
Did 3 do the trick for ya?

00NissanNinja
September 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Did 3 do the trick for ya?

I did two washers and it seems perfect. The rubber diaphragms bugged me a little bit though since when I was pulling the needles they moved a bit so I had to remove them carefully and straight out. But it was a fun project to do, I even found an earplug in my airbox:eek: (happy that didn't get into the engine)

drunkn ghost
September 9th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hello to all the fellow CO riders. I just found this site while I was looking for some info.

Any more plans for another track day? I am free most weekends and I have Wednesdays off as well.

DAKINECHICk
September 9th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Kyle! :welcome:

spooph
September 9th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome! Tis a great site! Tis a great bike! Glad to have you here. :)

Sure! If we can our schedules to line up... I'm still waiting on some gloves and leather repair before I'll be going to the track again... Maybe in beginning October for me. Where in CO Kyle?

drunkn ghost
September 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I live in Boulder as well. :hippie:

I would probably need to get some proper riding gear before I hit the track. I don't have any decent pants and my jacket isn't that great either.

I just got back into bikes after not having any for a long time. I told myself I wouldn't need a bunch of gear this time because I just wanted to get a 250 to commute on. Now I ended up with two bikes again and have been putting a couple of hundreds miles a week on each. Which is pretty good considering my daily commute is maybe 10 miles round trip.

00NissanNinja
September 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
:welcome: ghost! I'm good for a few weekends as long as I don't have a large project to do. So I guess when our schedules meet up we can ride. Your bike isn't blue is it? I keep seeing a blue 250 at boulder every so often

spooph
September 10th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Ghost, PM me your cell phone...

Delta107
September 10th, 2010, 07:52 AM
October Track day may work for me.

00NissanNinja
September 10th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Oh btw colorado riders there is race #8 in the mra at highplains raceway on oct 9th and 10th. There are some 2 for one admission fliers still at fay myers motoworld if you are interested (don't know how long they will last though). I'm planning to go to one of them.

spooph
September 10th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Let me know which one. I'll join ya! For those of you who have never been out to HPR, it's A LOT of straight-line super-slab, and you WILL find the top speed of your ninja.... :D

drunkn ghost
September 10th, 2010, 06:10 PM
:welcome: ghost! I'm good for a few weekends as long as I don't have a large project to do. So I guess when our schedules meet up we can ride. Your bike isn't blue is it? I keep seeing a blue 250 at boulder every so often

Mine is teh fastar red! I seen a blue 250 parked in the same spot all summer in north Boulder but it hasn't been there for about a week now. I also had a blue 250 pull up next to me this morning at broadway and baseline but it was a 07. I drive down broadway pretty much every day going to work or coming home.

Spooph you got to buy me a drink or some flowers or something before I just go handing out my digits.

I might be down to check out HPR. I haven't been out there yet but I do go to C.O.R.E. http://www.coloradooffroadextreme.com/ which is pretty close to it almost every weekend. I have a 86 corolla GTS that lives there and I beat the hell out of it on their rally track. I love my motorcycles but nothing beats drifting into a corner at 70 and full steering lock and having your passenger screaming for their life. :crazyloco:

00NissanNinja
September 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Let me know which one. I'll join ya! For those of you who have never been out to HPR, it's A LOT of straight-line super-slab, and you WILL find the top speed of your ninja.... :D

For sure:thumbup: so far I am thinking about going to the race on Saturday at 1P.M.

00NissanNinja
September 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I might be down to check out HPR. I haven't been out there yet but I do go to C.O.R.E. Colorado off road extreme which is pretty close to it almost every weekend. I have a 86 corolla GTS that lives there and I beat the hell out of it on their rally track. I love my motorcycles but nothing beats drifting into a corner at 70 and full steering lock and having your passenger screaming for their life. :crazyloco:
:crazyloco: Its fun drifting around in cars isn't it? lol.

Delta107
September 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Oh btw colorado riders there is race #8 in the mra at highplains raceway on oct 9th and 10th. There are some 2 for one admission fliers still at fay myers motoworld if you are interested (don't know how long they will last though). I'm planning to go to one of them.

Looks like i'm going to have to make a trip to fay myers. I need moto oil anyways. hmmm maybe I will go tomorrow.

00NissanNinja
September 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Looks like i'm going to have to make a trip to fay myers. I need moto oil anyways. hmmm maybe I will go tomorrow.

Oh really? I was probably going to go there tomorrow to see how some dainese gloves fit

Delta107
September 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Oh really? I was probably going to go there tomorrow to see how some dainese gloves fit

Purchased some moto oil and a grunge brush (Tooth brush on steroids)

No more fliers. ugh Why do they never have a good selection of Woman's gear that's not textile, and boots that are in woman's sizes too would be nice. ugh then they wonder why we order online.

FYI anyone going to faymyers should be careful on the side road to get to Faymyers. They are doing construction and they were spraying some kind of liquid down.

00NissanNinja
September 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Purchased some moto oil and a grunge brush (Tooth brush on steroids)

No more fliers. ugh Why do they never have a good selection of Woman's gear that's not textile, and boots that are in woman's sizes too would be nice. ugh then they wonder why we order online.

FYI anyone going to faymyers should be careful on the side road to get to Faymyers. They are doing construction and they were spraying some kind of liquid down.

Are you sure? you looked over by the service department didn't you they were on the wall above the antique bike they have. Yeah their gear selection is seriously lacking though the helmet selection is decent. Well I technically got my flier from colpar hobbies but I doubt they have any more. You could try the honda dealer near the aurora mall they might have some

drunkn ghost
September 13th, 2010, 05:39 PM
How much are tickets without the fliers? I might go just to see the track. I have been meaning to get out there with one of my cars.

Not sure who it was but I like the pics of the blue 250 scraping at IMI. I don't know if I could lean that hard without pissing my pants. Where they on stock tires?

On another note, anyone looking to buy a 250R? I can't decide if I want to sell that or my CBR but one of them might have to go. I found a bike that I think I might not be able to live without.

1992 VFR 400 NC30 :drool:

http://raresportbikesforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/awpcp/1281464399_0.jpg

00NissanNinja
September 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM
How much are tickets without the fliers? I might go just to see the track. I have been meaning to get out there with one of my cars.

Not sure who it was but I like the pics of the blue 250 scraping at IMI. I don't know if I could lean that hard without pissing my pants. Where they on stock tires?

On another note, anyone looking to buy a 250R? I can't decide if I want to sell that or my CBR but one of them might have to go. I found a bike that I think I might not be able to live without.

1992 VFR 400 NC30 :drool:

http://raresportbikesforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/awpcp/1281464399_0.jpg

That is delta, she is great rider huh ? don't know about the tires but they look like the stock irc tires to me the thread is the same. It is 10$ per person to watch the mra race. Nope not gonna buy another 250 made myself in debt with this one already:p. That VFR is sick though; I'd pick that up too:D

spooph
September 13th, 2010, 06:47 PM
That NC30 is awesome! And go stupid fast. So sell the CBR and keep the ninja! Would love to have you at the races. For all those going to the races, make sure to pack drinks and snacks. The snack bar at HPR is OK, but it tends to close early....

And if you want to stay the night and party like there's no tomorrow Saturday night, you can always bring a tent. I won't be there, but it's a hoot! I'll be at the races though...

You all wanna meet somewhere and be pack of angry bees heading to the track? We'll distract the racers with our "swarm".... :P

00NissanNinja
September 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
You all wanna meet somewhere and be pack of angry bees heading to the track? We'll distract the racers with our "swarm".... :P
Maybe, depends on whether my sister still wants to go or not. If not I'll be on the 2fiddy
yeah sell the cbr!, no need to have two hondas eh?

Delta107
September 13th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I'm planning on going. I will just wait on the I-70 ramp and wait for the bee's to attack and join in. lol

And yes I'm the blue 250 lol and yes they are stock tires. Only scared that crap out of me once got air-born a little and felt the whole bike shift. Other than that It would be nice to ride on some stickier tires, or some different tires.

How much you want for the 250? lol I need to get a car first.

00NissanNinja
September 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM
lol I need to get a car first.
Want mine:D I wish I could sell it to you lol, I am too much of a car enthusiast to be driving an FF car forever.

drunkn ghost
September 22nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
I just picked up a NC35 so one of my other bikes needs a new home. Unfortunately I think I would rather have my CBR then my Ninja. So if anyone is interested I have a very clean red 2008 250R for sale.

It has 730 miles and there is not a scratch on it. I just had the 600 mile checkup done and the carbs rejetted at Sun Honda/Kawasaki in Thornton. It has a full Yoshimura TRC carbon exhaust not just a slip on.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-3593-1266-trc-stainlesscarbon-full-system.aspx

I would like to get $3,500. If anyone here refers someone to buy it (and they do buy it :p) I will give them $100.

00NissanNinja
September 26th, 2010, 09:03 PM
So when/if we do meet for this mra race we can meet up out where i live since I am the closest and farthest out east and then ride up there as a group (if i go by bike). I'll let you guys know where to meet up closer to the event, so everyone who is interested just let me know you are still interested closer to the time.

spooph
September 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I'll be there! Will you be camping Sat night for Sunday's races? It gets awesomely crazy! If you do, I will. :P Going Sat, or Sun? When are you leaving? The fun starts at 9, tech is at 6-8 I believe, so if you wanna see all the cool bikes before being wheeled around, we gotta get up soooper early.... What's the plan?

00NissanNinja
September 26th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I thought saturday races start at 1 p.m. and the sunday ones start at 10 a.m. (well at least that's what it said on the flier). I'd say it would be best maybe to meet at 10 ish for the saturday race (if you want to see some of the beginning stuff). IDK if I can go to the sunday one since I believe I have an exam monday right after that.

spooph
September 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM
You are correct, that's when the races are, but practice is before, and I'm not sure, but in the past, they've run the sooooper street before the races begin, at 12pm (noon). But meeting at 10 should get us there about 11:30.

00NissanNinja
September 26th, 2010, 09:53 PM
You are correct, that's when the races are, but practice is before, and I'm not sure, but in the past, they've run the sooooper street before the races begin, at 12pm (noon). But meeting at 10 should get us there about 11:30.

Gotcha, and sooooper street is??

spooph
September 26th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Super Street. Street bikes that raced. Requires minimal prep work, and no race-license. Open to people like you and I.... Pretty cool if you ask me. Anyways, I'm out for the night...

00NissanNinja
September 26th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Super Street. Street bikes that raced. Requires minimal prep work, and no race-license. Open to people like you and I.... Pretty cool if you ask me. Anyways, I'm out for the night...

Oh thats what you meant gotcha. Yeah we'll try to catch some of that too I suppose

spooph
October 4th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Right oh Nissan, gimme a time and place, I need to get timings figured out. I might be riding down on Friday night to camp both Friday and Saturday night, so let me know so I can let the other folks know...

Delta107
October 4th, 2010, 03:07 PM
It will be a last minute decision for me.

00NissanNinja
October 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM
PM's sent to spooph and delta107 anyone else potentially coming?

spooph
October 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
We will be meeting here:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=39.760841,-104.791616&spn=0.00287,0.005423&t=h&z=18&msid=107593944410580481388.000491e1b2861aaf4417a

Saturday morning at 10:15. Kick Stands Up (KSU) at 10:30. If you're gonna be late, please let Nissan or I know. If you want my cell, please PM before Friday.

rustler753
October 5th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I'd go but my tires already have 4 track days on them and with tires being $400 with installation plus I'm assuming the $100+ track day fee, I just can't afford that atm :P
I could go and watch though....hmmm....

spooph
October 5th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Not a track day, the official last race of the 2010 MRA season. Races run both Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $10 for both days, not either ($10 total for the weekend).

Not sure if you're a licensed racer rustler, otherwise the only class you could run in is the Super Street class. And your bike has to pass tech. If you want the rules on that, let me know, or you can check out www.mra-racing.com.

Camping is free, and they have chemical toilets on site - really nice ones, actually. Not your average porto-pottie.... No showers though. And I don't even think they have water on-site.... they have gas though - got their priorities straight! And the eats stand closes kind of early. If you're gonna stay the night, bring foodsies and a WARM sleeping bag. I have one space in my tent, if anybody wants to share.

So, I'm just going to watch, relax, and have a good time.

00NissanNinja
October 5th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Camping is free, and they have chemical toilets on site - really nice ones, actually. Not your average porto-pottie.... No showers though. And I don't even think they have water on-site.... they have gas though - got their priorities straight!

lol I thought they were all the same lol horid containers for human waste. Well I hope they are clean

00NissanNinja
October 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Anyone else joining in?

Dress in layers it is probably going to be cool in the morning. You should probably bring some snacks/refreshments for yourself as well.

Delta107
October 8th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Nope, I can't. Mom has to be at work at 1pm and I have to drive her. Take lots of pics have fun!

spooph
October 8th, 2010, 07:53 PM
>>>>>>new ksu time: 11:15<<<<<<<<<<<

00NissanNinja
October 20th, 2010, 08:02 PM
And here is spooph getting ready to go on his 250 race bike must be really confident, he isn't even getting suited up yet

Not his 250:p

spooph
October 20th, 2010, 08:47 PM
You caught me in the act! You sneaky bugger! I'll have to keep a close eye on you! :D

Also, a few friends and I will be out at IMI this coming Sunday, from about 11 till we get tired (read sun-down). I might have leathers this time around, so I'm stoked! We might also have a BBQ and some brews. I'll try and post up as the time gets closer...

Delta107
October 21st, 2010, 10:14 PM
Tempting! IMI on Sunday hmmmm

My bike will still be in the garage, stupid road repairs.

00NissanNinja
October 28th, 2010, 08:41 PM
You caught me in the act! You sneaky bugger! I'll have to keep a close eye on you! :D

Also, a few friends and I will be out at IMI this coming Sunday, from about 11 till we get tired (read sun-down). I might have leathers this time around, so I'm stoked! We might also have a BBQ and some brews. I'll try and post up as the time gets closer...

Well I guess I missed that...Man this year is just not giving me any stress release

00NissanNinja
November 5th, 2010, 06:44 PM
May be too late of notice for some of you but I am planning on going for a ride through the "canyons" saturday or sunday. I guess PM me if you are interested or want to join in.

spooph
November 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Oops, I forgot to post, I'll be out at IMI Saturday 11/6 from about 1 till 3.

Edit: Also Nissan, make sure to be careful up thar. The snow has already fallen quite a bit, and the sand monster has left it's trail. Also, dress warm, real freakin warm!

00NissanNinja
November 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Oops, I forgot to post, I'll be out at IMI Saturday 11/6 from about 1 till 3.

Edit: Also Nissan, make sure to be careful up thar. The snow has already fallen quite a bit, and the sand monster has left it's trail. Also, dress warm, real freakin warm!

Hey you know what? I'll just come there then and race you and win:D

spooph
November 6th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Bring it!

Delta107
November 6th, 2010, 10:01 PM
So who won?

00NissanNinja
November 6th, 2010, 10:19 PM
So who won?

Pfftt! I blew him out of the water:D, Naw there is no way I'm overtaking that crazy guy (not as skilled nor as carefree flicking the bike around like that). It was fun though gonna have to do it some more and if things go well for me I may not have to leave CO for the summer which means more track practice:thumbup:.

spooph
November 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Nissan did just fine... :P

Oh, and leathers freakin rock! I'll post up pics once I get them...

00NissanNinja
November 6th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Nissan did just fine... :P

Oh, and leathers freakin rock! I'll post up pics once I get them...

You did really good though, that one guy on his R6 just couldn't shake you. That was a nice battle you guys were having.

spooph
November 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I needs mo power... I can sit on the big bike's butts all day, but there is no passing them... without being a complete a-hole and just cutting them off.... If we were racing, maybe...

00NissanNinja
November 7th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I needs mo power... I can sit on the big bike's butts all day, but there is no passing them... without being a complete a-hole and just cutting them off.... If we were racing, maybe...

Yeah I feel ya. That one guy that kept going off the track I kept up with him for a good portion of the run till I kept finding myself pulling out of corners in third gear lol. They just get to sit in one gear for the whole time pretty much. Eventually I am pretty sure he would f up after being followed so closely for so long (unless his focus was really good) the pressure gets to people a lot.

spooph
November 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Yup, I think I pressured him into running off the track once...

00NissanNinja
November 7th, 2010, 12:01 PM
lmao.
I was like wow three (or was it four?) times you have gone off, need to tone it down a bit buddy

00NissanNinja
November 7th, 2010, 12:02 PM
oops didn't mean to make another post

Delta107
November 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Sounds like you guys had fun! That's awesome. You can race me nissan. lol

00NissanNinja
November 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM
lol I haven't even leaned as much as you have, although I did scrape my boot on the ground a couple times.

Bueller999
November 7th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Been to IMI these last 2 Sundays would be nice to have more 250's out there. I'll have to watch this thread for the next track day.

spooph
November 7th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hey Bueller! Looks like you got some extra numbers for this thread..... :D Heard you out there today. Played around with a Duc 916, eh? He works with me. I got stuck training today. I'm usually out there on Saturdays... Saw you were working Sat. Oh well, such is life. We'll get to ride eventually! And I'll keep an eye on CSC too! Anyways....

On to the pics:
http://www.mattwessels.com/cherry/IMI/IMI-11-6-2010-1.jpg

http://www.mattwessels.com/cherry/IMI/IMI-11-6-2010-2.jpg

http://www.mattwessels.com/cherry/IMI/IMI-11-6-2010-3.jpg

http://www.mattwessels.com/cherry/IMI/IMI-11-6-2010-4.jpg

Sorry Nissan, the photog didn't get any more pics of you:
http://www.mattwessels.com/cherry/IMI/IMI-11-6-2010-5.jpg

http://www.mattwessels.com/cherry/IMI/IMI-11-6-2010-6.jpg

Luxodave
November 7th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Cool pics!

Alex
November 7th, 2010, 09:04 PM
:kewlpics:

Bueller999
November 8th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hey Bueller! Looks like you got some extra numbers for this thread..... :D Heard you out there today. Played around with a Duc 916, eh? He works with me. I got stuck training today. I'm usually out there on Saturdays... Saw you were working Sat. Oh well, such is life. We'll get to ride eventually! And I'll keep an eye on CSC too! Anyways....

Hopefully the weather hold out for a while longer, but I am looking forward to getting the bike race prepped.

spooph
November 8th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Hopefully the weather hold out for a while longer, but I am looking forward to getting the bike race prepped.

Yup, it certainly would be nice to get at least one more weekend in...

00NissanNinja
November 27th, 2010, 07:43 PM
So..........
How many of you are still riding?

drunkn ghost
November 28th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I still ride pretty much every day and I am picking up a plated crf250 for when it snows. :crash:

spooph
November 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Do I really need to answers? :p

Delta107
November 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Well....

2 weeks ago. i need to get some warm weather riding stuff.

00NissanNinja
November 28th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I already know you ride in everything spooph lol. I should have said besides you. Just asking since it got quiet on here.

spooph
November 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
It's SPOOPH fool! :P

00NissanNinja
November 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM
It's SPOOPH fool! :P

Bah:p see you shouldn't have said anything:D spooph I'll edit it for ya

spooph
November 30th, 2010, 08:00 AM
lol, I'll shut up now...

mike
January 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM

I also go to CU! My bike is coming out this spring

00NissanNinja
January 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
I also go to CU! My bike is coming out this spring

Cool:thumbup:, whats your major? We can all hit the track or go for a ride in the canyons once the spring comes. We should do something during our spring break for sure (unless it blizzards like it normally likes too lol).

mike
January 4th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Cool:thumbup:, whats your major? We can all hit the track or go for a ride in the canyons once the spring comes. We should do something during our spring break for sure (unless it blizzards like it normally likes too lol).

I'm a junior majoring in advertising. Ive never been to the track you're talking about since this is going to be the first season my ninja is in Boulder rather than Minnesota. It sounds awesome though. I'd like to check it out

00NissanNinja
February 26th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Well, well weather is starting to get better bit by bit. Soon it will be time for a trip to IMI eh?

mike
February 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hell yeah man. I cant wait to get my little ninja out here (its in minnesota :( ) and hit the track!

Bueller999
February 26th, 2011, 08:02 PM
This was from last Saturday,

GczGO8j4lLM

The job is a little slow so I am thinking Tues, or Weds. 60 deg. :D

00NissanNinja
February 26th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Nice vid:thumbup:. Its a shame I still have so much crap going on at school else I would be practicing my skills. Bueller is your 250 track only? you planning on doing any MRA racing here?

00NissanNinja
February 26th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Hell yeah man. I cant wait to get my little ninja out here (its in minnesota :( ) and hit the track!

Post up when you get it:thumbup:

Bueller999
February 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Yes it was my wifes bike but she ended up getting a Rebel to learn on, now she wishes she had it back :D
I raced in the free exhibition races at the last race weekend in October and got excited about it.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/MRA%20Racing/5069840161_5728436785_b.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/MRA%20Racing/practice.jpg

I have been prepping it over the winter, looking for the best deals I can and selling off street parts.
Unfortunately I low sided at a track day with the stock body, hit the side stand.
It pretty much messed up the last of the street body, the wife buggered up most of it, hence the Honda Rebel:p but I finished it in style. So if anyone wants a complete set of rashed plastic for track use LMK.
I am going to try to race the MRA at HPR, well see if I go to PPIR or Pueblo. Additionally there is a new 17" wheel class in the MiniMoto series that will include the Ninjas.

00NissanNinja
February 27th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Man the side stands on these bikes are murderous lol.

Cool I'll probably see you at one of the HPR races then, or IMI whichever comes first.

rustler753
March 7th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I've been in hibernation for this winter, just poking my head out.

spooph
March 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
With Rustler coming out, you guys wanna do a ninjette.org meet and greet in Denver somewhere? How 'bout breakfast or lunch at a Perkins/Village Inn or something?

00NissanNinja
March 9th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Sure lunch sounds good how about the week of March 20th? Anyone want to hang out some time that week? I'll probably head to IMI that week too.

spooph
March 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM
K, the 20th is a Sunday, so the week before that, or the week after that? I guess we should first ask, who's in for a weekend? Saturday/Sunday?

00NissanNinja
March 10th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Week of the 20th as in 20-26th I'm down. Well probably the 19th and the 27th I'd probably be available to hang out as well.

rustler753
March 11th, 2011, 01:39 AM
My schedule is erratic, I probably won't know of any free time till the week of at least.

00NissanNinja
March 18th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Assuming you guys are only available on the weekends and the weather is supposed to be mid sixties everyday this coming week anybody want to met up on the 20th, 26th, or 27th?

Bueller999
March 18th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I will probably hit up IMI on one of the pick days this upcoming weekdays.

We are doing a big bike ride out of Morrison tomorrow morning.

00NissanNinja
March 18th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I see... I would join in but I gotta run errands tomorrow and grease up my sway bars on my car. What time where you planning on going for that?

Bueller999
March 18th, 2011, 07:58 PM
We are meeting at the Morison Conoco @ 10, KSU @ 10:30, but I gotta say this is going to be a group that used to ride together a lot and tend to haul ass. All but 1 is or has raced with the MRA so this would likely not be an ideal run for a 250. That said though, earlier this week I went on a canyon jaunt that saw 1/2 & 1/2 clean roads and then some real filthy pavement so that kept us on our toes up front, but we still had an SV650 ride it into a snow bank up by Wonderview.

00NissanNinja
March 18th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Cool I get ya. Enjoy your ride, should be great weather tomorrow :thumbup:. I'll probably ride my 250 to run my errands tomorrow as well.

spooph
March 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'd be down for something the 26th! Where do you want to meet? Where do you want to go?

00NissanNinja
March 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Not sure... How about we meet up say on 104th and I-25 then head down to IMI at maybe 10:30. Then after that I'll probably grab something to eat on the way back how does that sound? I think riding in the canyons/mountains may still be a bit messy at the moment.

Bueller999
March 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Actually there was quite a bit of very ridable road up north central, but if you guys come to IMI I will plan on doing a track day. I usually try to get there @ 0900 now that the mornings warm up quicker, and although the asphalt is not at ideal temp it does give you some time, to take some time to work on lines and being smooth. Then the freakin' kart renters start showing up.:mad:

I'd meet up for a canyon ride but my Buell would probably give ya a headache:D

spooph
March 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Sounds like a track day at IMI on the 26th then... Hopefully I'll have my new tires by then, otherwise you gusy be passing me left and right! If that's what the rest of your decide, I won't be meeting in Denver. No sense in riding down just to ride back up. I'll just meet at the track. Want me to bring a grill and hot dogs?

rustler753
March 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I am going to IMI raceway tomorrow to check out the track and get some warm ups in.

Anyone is welcomed to join me, it's going to be a nice 73F out there tomorrow. I will probably show up there sometime around 11am

00NissanNinja
March 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a track day at IMI on the 26th then... Hopefully I'll have my new tires by then, otherwise you gusy be passing me left and right! If that's what the rest of your decide, I won't be meeting in Denver. No sense in riding down just to ride back up. I'll just meet at the track. Want me to bring a grill and hot dogs?

Not on IRC's I won't lol. I was saying I would meet up there then once I'm done riding around up there I would stop somewhere to get something to eat on the way back i.e. not in Denver but like Westminster or Thorton. Isn't it supposed to be really windy tomorrow? I hate all this wind we have been having lately its annoying lol.

rustler753
March 20th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Not on IRC's I won't lol. I was saying I would meet up there then once I'm done riding around up there I would stop somewhere to get something to eat on the way back i.e. not in Denver but like Westminster or Thorton. Isn't it supposed to be really windy tomorrow? I hate all this wind we have been having lately its annoying lol.

Tuesday should be windy, tomorrow will be nice. It would be nice to have come company there :)

Peanut_EOD
March 20th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I already signed up for HPR for the 26th.

rustler753
March 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I already signed up for HPR for the 26th.

hpr?

00NissanNinja
March 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Tuesday should be windy, tomorrow will be nice. It would be nice to have come company there :)

11 eh? well I can't promise anything but I could try to come. Tomorrow is supposed to be fairing painting and spoiler prep day for me. But I could come for a bit maybe.

Peanut you talking about High Plains Raceway? You sign out the track or something or are you racing against others?

Bueller999
March 21st, 2011, 06:53 AM
Yes HPR=High Plains Raceway.

It is an open lapping day, motorcycles only. Last day for winter pricing. $100 for full day, 10:00am to 4:00pm, no lunch break so you get 6hrs.

There are other bikes but no racing, You can sign up at the track but it is $10 more than paying online. Also there needs to be 10 signups by noon on the day before or they will cancel the day.

rustler753
March 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
11 eh? well I can't promise anything but I could try to come. Tomorrow is supposed to be fairing painting and spoiler prep day for me. But I could come for a bit maybe.

Peanut you talking about High Plains Raceway? You sign out the track or something or are you racing against others?

Probably going to end up there about noon, wee bit cold here in boulder for departing so waiting for it to warm up a smidge more. But its supposed to be in the 70s till dark.

00NissanNinja
March 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Sorry cant make it today rustler. Family wants me to go to the doctors since I've had a sore throat for a few days now. Hopefully you can come Saturday (Or let me know if you are going sometime this week again). I hope I am fine by then. Why do I always get sick on break:angry7:

spooph
March 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Also, not sure if you guys know about Chicane, they usually post stuff on CSC. If you're interested in more intense track coaching: Not sure, but I'm signed up for the one in June.... http://www.chicanetrackdays.com/

Bueller999
March 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
The wife and I may corner work it again, I wouldn't mind riding but too much $ for me.

Bueller999
March 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Weather not looking very good for this Saturday, I am downgrading my chances of riding to a "maybe". I really don't like pushing race tires on below 50 deg. asphalt.

spooph
March 25th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I agree Bueller! I've had a pretty rough week as well, so I'm at 40% may be there...

00NissanNinja
March 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah I might have some stuff to do as well so I guess everyone is at maybe status haha. If I do show up it won't be early might be around noon.

Peanut_EOD
March 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
The High Plains Raceway lapping day was cancelled due to lack of participation. I was thinking about stopping by the other track just to check it out if you guys are going to be there.

Bueller999
March 26th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I am out for sure, family issues have me driving to Oklahoma early tomorrow morning.

spooph
March 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
ugh, another get together failed with the CO ninjette gang. We just gotta keep trying... So many different people with such varying schedules... We'll get it eventually.

Peanut_EOD
March 28th, 2011, 06:17 PM
HPR next weekend?

spooph
March 28th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I won't be able to afford that, and there's a ride scheduled Saturday on CSC with Vellos. I think I'm gonna go on that.... Wanna join, or you a track-only rider Peanut?

Peanut_EOD
March 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM
My 250 is my dedicated race bike, but I do have my ZX-6R for the street. I'm always up for a ride, but I need to get in some track time on the 250. I have another race in a couple weeks. Any day but Saturdays.

spooph
March 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
you on Colorado Sport Bike Club? Lots of rides always goings on....

Peanut_EOD
March 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Kinda. I registered, but my account still hasn't been activated. I can read it but thats about it.

spooph
March 30th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Not sure when you applied.... We've had a rough start this year.. Server tanked and we were all very lost and confused for a while. Took about 3 month for everybody to come back after the 3 weeks downtime rebuilding the site.... Not all the "Life members" have their status back yet... Currently, Spiderman (da president) is in a conference on some techy stuff or what not, not spending a bunch of time on the site. A reminder has been sent to him. Hopefully you'll have post rights within the week. We'd love to have you out some time!

Bueller999
April 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Headed to IMI tomorrow 4/8 for some laps, should be around 1100 or so.

00NissanNinja
April 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Yeah I don't think i'll be tracking at least till the end of may, thanks to college. Also got to replace my pads before I go tracking again the fronts are really getting to close to being finished already.

spooph
April 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I'm stepping out of this thread until the winter... Just too much goings on, sorry folks. If you wanna catch me, check Colorado Sport Bike Club. I just can't cover this many forums anymore...

kkim
April 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I'm stepping out of this thread until the winter... Just too much goings on, sorry folks. If you wanna catch me, check Colorado Sport Bike Club. I just can't cover this many forums anymore...

wow, sorry to hear that spooph. You'll be missed. :(

spooph
April 15th, 2011, 02:12 PM
The thread Kim, not the forum..... :P It's kind of silly for me to have to check 2 places for rides. It would much easier to coordinate a local CO ride from the local CO forum... :D I'll be popping in and out of ninjette.org still! Thanks for the love, I appreciate it!

kkim
April 15th, 2011, 02:13 PM
whew! scuse' the bad. :D

00NissanNinja
April 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM
The thread Kim, not the forum..... :P It's kind of silly for me to have to check 2 places for rides. It would much easier to coordinate a local CO ride from the local CO forum... :D I'll be popping in and out of ninjette.org still! Thanks for the love, I appreciate it!

Sorry to hear that, well you got my number so keep in touch! Oh yeah there is a stunt show at fay myers motorcycle world May 14th if any of you are interested.

Bueller999
April 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Headed to HPR for the afternoon session, I have a punch available on my card if anyone wants. $80 instead of the usual $90 (or $100 foe walk up ).

00NissanNinja
May 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know there will be KTM demo rides at fay myers the 7th of May if anyone is interested. I am planning on going. Man, $90 to ride HPR that's a bit expensive. Well one day I may join you in that endeavor. Almost done with my finals so I'll be more free to do as I please after this week(although I'll still be in school).

rustler753
May 31st, 2011, 04:19 PM
So I'm thinking this weekend, a IMI get together. I will definetly be there on saturday so you are all welcomed to join me.

Btw ran into 00NissanNinja on the boulder campus, what are the odds :thumbup:

Bueller999
May 31st, 2011, 06:25 PM
Sunday is the RM minimoto races, Sat. should be fine, though might be a lot of minis practicing. I am thinking of practicing Friday.

00NissanNinja
May 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah what about friday? I'm planning to go for Kawasaki demo rides saturday although if I don't that for too long I could be at IMI around 2ish. So friday or saturday what time are you guys planning to be there? Nice meeting you rustler, I have seen your bike a couple of times before. It has an awesome paint job:thumbup:

Luxodave
May 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM
Where are the demo rides?

00NissanNinja
May 31st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Where are the demo rides?

Its kawasaki's ticket to ride event in morrison. The address is:
Bandimere Speedway
3051 S. Rooney Road
Morrison, CO 80465
Gate B
It runs that 4th and 5th of June and sign up starts at 8am with rides following at 9am. The demos end at 5pm. They will have a lot of bikes there like the zx6r, ninja 1000, zx10r, z1000, 650r, etc.

rustler753
May 31st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Sunday is the RM minimoto races, Sat. should be fine, though might be a lot of minis practicing. I am thinking of practicing Friday.

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it Friday.

00NissanNinja
May 31st, 2011, 07:50 PM
Unfortunately I wont be able to make it Friday.

What time are you planning to be there for saturday?

Luxodave
May 31st, 2011, 08:03 PM
Its kawasaki's ticket to ride event in morrison. The address is:
Bandimere Speedway
3051 S. Rooney Road
Morrison, CO 80465
Gate B
It runs that 4th and 5th of June and sign up starts at 8am with rides following at 9am. The demos end at 5pm. They will have a lot of bikes there like the zx6r, ninja 1000, zx10r, z1000, 650r, etc.

I think I a going to try and make this. Thanks!

00NissanNinja
May 31st, 2011, 08:14 PM
I think I a going to try and make this. Thanks!

Cool I'll see you there then:thumbup: I am the red, white, and black motorcyclist (My jacket is an alpinestars leather jacket and my helmet is a shoei rf-1100 in those colors) in case you want to say whats up.

Luxodave
May 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Cool I'll see you there then:thumbup: I am the red, white, and black motorcyclist (My jacket is an alpinestars leather jacket and my helmet is a shoei rf-1100 in those colors) in case you want to say whats up.

I will ride up on my red 250. I have a silver and gray Olympia jacket and a black Aria helmet.

00NissanNinja
May 31st, 2011, 08:21 PM
I'd ride my bike but I leave my friend behind to much in his car lol, so I'll just let him drive us both. Last time he wasn't to happy trying to follow me to the last demo event. I was thinking "whoops I keep forgetting he is in a stratus lol"

rustler753
May 31st, 2011, 11:06 PM
What time are you planning to be there for saturday?

I'm going to show up around noon. Also thanks for the compliments about my paint job :P

I might go to this Kawasaki show thing too, if they have somewhere for us to ride then I'm in.

00NissanNinja
May 31st, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'm going to show up around noon. Also thanks for the compliments about my paint job :P

I might go to this Kawasaki show thing too, if they have somewhere for us to ride then I'm in.

Well let me know if you do decide to come, then I'll ride my bike and then head to the track afterwards if you are down with that. Looks like there are some decent roads nearby, I wonder if we will ride on them.

rustler753
June 1st, 2011, 11:19 PM
Well let me know if you do decide to come, then I'll ride my bike and then head to the track afterwards if you are down with that. Looks like there are some decent roads nearby, I wonder if we will ride on them.

On friday I can meet only as early as 2:30 in boulder to ride there if you want to head down together, otherwise I'll just save my energy for IMI the next day.

00NissanNinja
June 1st, 2011, 11:55 PM
On friday I can meet only as early as 2:30 in boulder to ride there if you want to head down together, otherwise I'll just save my energy for IMI the next day.

I don't have class Friday so what time do you think you'll make it to IMI? I can meet you down there

rustler753
June 2nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
I don't have class Friday so what time do you think you'll make it to IMI? I can meet you down there

Unfortunately I do from 1-2pm. That is a little to late to have to go back change clothes then head out to IMI.

00NissanNinja
June 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately I do from 1-2pm. That is a little to late to have to go back change clothes then head out to IMI.

Alright well maybe next time, let me know...

rustler753
June 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Alright well maybe next time, let me know...

Well, I already stated I will be at IMI on saturday at noon, if you want to join me or anyone else for that matter, feel free :thumbup:

rustler753
June 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I'll actually be there closer to 1pm, I decided I'm going to eat lunch before I head out.

Bueller999
June 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Rocky Mountain MiniMoto is running a class that started out as a Aprilia 125cc & Ninjette 250 road race class, the attendance is a bit spotty so they are going to include 250 four stroke 250 Supermotos to run and I have sugested opening it up to DRZ 400 -S-SM-E. The 250 SM will likely steal the hardware but racing with the DRZ's is fun and competitive.

This would cost you $20 +$10 ea. gate for the whole race day

I myself want to eat DrZ for lunch :lol:

Come on all you ninjas get your nutz outa the fridge and mixit up!

rustler753
June 3rd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Rocky Mountain MiniMoto is running a class that started out as a Aprilia 125cc & Ninjette 250 road race class, the attendance is a bit spotty so they are going to include 250 four stroke 250 Supermotos to run and I have sugested opening it up to DRZ 400 -S-SM-E. The 250 SM will likely steal the hardware but racing with the DRZ's is fun and competitive.

This would cost you $20 +$10 ea. gate for the whole race day

I myself want to eat DrZ for lunch :lol:

Come on all you ninjas get your nutz outa the fridge and mixit up!

You coming tomorrow for practice?

Bueller999
June 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
I am not sure, to many karts on nice days that we have to share the track with, I just rode HPR Monday and Imi a couple weeks ago, i will likely ride canyons tomorrow with my very understanding wife. There is like a 30 min. practice in the am and then a heat race, and then 2 points races. When the program is over I believe you can continue to ride but it will be back with the public and into the kart rotation, at least that't how it used to work.