View Full Version : Ducati ST4

k1prototype
July 19th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Well after selling my Ninja to a new owner last weekend, I finally picked up my new to me Ducati ST4.

The best part has to be the support structure that came with the bike. The gentlemen I bought it from is a riding coach with motovid.com and an avid Ducati enthusiast! The biggest fear I had of buying a Ducati is now gone knowing that if I have any mechanical questions, help is there.

After taking it out on a 300 mile road trip this past weekend, I have to say I really really love this bike!

http://www.kareemratani.com/ST4/Ducati1.jpg

http://www.kareemratani.com/ST4/Ducati2.jpg

tinng321
July 19th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Congrats...
It looks very comfy.

bob706
July 19th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Congrats. Very sweet looking ride

gogoKawi
July 19th, 2010, 06:04 PM
That looks extremely comfortable. Nice catch. What made you go with the Ducati?

k1prototype
July 20th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks! Well the three bikes that I was seriously looking at was the ST4, VFR, and the Sprint ST.

When I took my ARC class, I had an opportunity to ride the VFR. Although it was a nice bike, I didn't feel like it had a personality. In addition, I didn't like the on/off nature of the VTEC. I love the VTEC in Honda's cars, but would prefer to do without it on their bikes.

The Sprint was another contender as well but the newer body style put it out of my price point. I really didn't like the look of the previous model with the dual headlights.

The biggest thing that sold me on the Ducati was the looks and the personality of the bike. That dry clutch and desmo twin just grew on me when I test rode it.

Also like I had stated earlier, the person who I purchased it from has helped me with a great support structure that helped reassure my mechanical doubts in the Ducati's reliability.

In terms of comfort, for me it wasn't as ergonomic as the VFR but the Sargent seat and helibars really helped.

BIGT94z
July 20th, 2010, 03:30 AM
nice pick up! huge bonus on the previous owner and you know it was taken care of properly :thumbup:

k1prototype
July 20th, 2010, 03:42 AM
nice pick up! huge bonus on the previous owner and you know it was taken care of properly :thumbup:

Thanks!