View Full Version : Who's racing an old gen?

tiggen
July 21st, 2010, 08:13 AM
I am racing an old gen in WERA SE. The two fastest old gen riders have recently bought new gens, which is totally understandable but still a bummer.

So, where are the old gen riders? There's still probably 5 or 6 here in the SE. AFM? CMRA? Anybody still ride old gens at Willow?

kkesler
August 8th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I am racing an old gen in WERA SE. The two fastest old gen riders have recently bought new gens, which is totally understandable but still a bummer.

So, where are the old gen riders? There's still probably 5 or 6 here in the SE. AFM? CMRA? Anybody still ride old gens at Willow?

Don't hate. :D

Doing the endurance race?

tiggen
August 8th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Don't hate. :D

Doing the endurance race?

I do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color... or generation. It's just that the races are awful lonely.

I don't think I'll be able to race the enduro, but I hope to be there to watch.

You gonna be at Tally in two weeks?

kkesler
August 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color... or generation. It's just that the races are awful lonely.

I don't think I'll be able to race the enduro, but I hope to be there to watch.

You gonna be at Tally in two weeks?

I will. I have a hint for you to pick up some time, by the way. Something I noticed last time we rode together.

tiggen
August 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I will. I have a hint for you to pick up some time, by the way. Something I noticed last time we rode together.

Intriguing...will you tell me before Tally?

kkesler
August 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Intriguing...will you tell me before Tally?

Tell you now. Meant to tell you last time at the track when I noticed it, but then my bike took a crap and I got kinda busy.

When I was following you around in practice you carried good corner speed but waited WAY too long to get on the gas. I could be 5 or 6 lengths behind at corner entry and the difference in drive (that I was getting from getting on the gas earlier) was enough I could pass you halfway to the next corner. I wasn't really going around the corner any faster, I was just starting to accelerate that much sooner.

tiggen
August 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Tell you now. Meant to tell you last time at the track when I noticed it, but then my bike took a crap and I got kinda busy.

When I was following you around in practice you carried good corner speed but waited WAY too long to get on the gas. I could be 5 or 6 lengths behind at corner entry and the difference in drive (that I was getting from getting on the gas earlier) was enough I could pass you halfway to the next corner. I wasn't really going around the corner any faster, I was just starting to accelerate that much sooner.

Much obliged. Hope I can put it to good use in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing whatcha gonna do on that new gen there.

ztrack157
August 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Tiggen if you have any questions about old gens talk to 2wheelguy he is the resident pregen expert. He still races his pregen in afm 250 superbike