View Full Version : My little Ninja made me proud

Nemesis
August 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Not sure if I shared this with you guys:

After numerous tuning/dyno runs/tinkering, and support from Richard B., this was the result:

I was in contention for the championship until I decided to race in the 600 class in May and highsided in T5 breaking my clavicle and bruising my chest terribly ending my chances of winning the 250 Novice Championship in my rookie season.

The 600 class is a beast! But I strongly feel I can be battling it out with the top 5. I'll be out there racing the 250 next month & the 600 the following month (still fixing up the bike).

So for those that think they need to get a bigger bike to be faster, well just know riding/racing the 250 has made me that much faster not only on the 250 but on the 600 as well.

00NissanNinja
August 2nd, 2010, 10:40 AM
I remember watching that video don't remember where though, maybe kawiforums, you did great though:thumbup: I might try my hand at racing one day, maybe in a couple years. Good luck in your upcoming races and win:)

KimR
August 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Great job! What track is that?

Cab305
August 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Awesome, congrats!

RaceBikeRentals
August 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Pinching the entrance to 9, not wide enough on the entry to 3. But, good race, and good riding :thumbup:

Nemesis
August 2nd, 2010, 10:04 PM
Pinching the entrance to 9, not wide enough on the entry to 3. But, good race, and good riding :thumbup:

Heehee.:D

Thx Richard. Yeah, when I was out there that following month I had a chance to follow some FZR guys who were taking some odd lines (the same you suggested :D) and I managed to drop another second and run consistent low 45s.

I couldn't wait to race because I felt I could have reached 43s that day. Unfortunately, that anxiety carried over to my 600. :( :bounce:

Great job! What track is that?

Willow Springs, CA
a.k.a. Big Willow (the fastest if not the most dangerous track on the west coast...LOL)

tiggen
August 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
Great vid, man. I too am racing a 250 in my rookie season, and I also crashed my 600 (at an unrelated trackday). I am about the only old gen left. Needless to say the races are awful lonely. How many novices on the grid out there?

Daeldren
August 3rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Great vid, man. I too am racing a 250 in my rookie season, and I also crashed my 600 (at an unrelated trackday). I am about the only old gen left. Needless to say the races are awful lonely. How many novices on the grid out there?

Im seriously considering turning the 250 into a dedicated track bike and getting my WERA license to start racing maybe not 2011 but definately 2012 season at the latest. By the way have you raced at Road Atlanta yet and how is it for the 250?

tiggen
August 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
Im seriously considering turning the 250 into a dedicated track bike and getting my WERA license to start racing maybe not 2011 but definately 2012 season at the latest. By the way have you raced at Road Atlanta yet and how is it for the 250?

RA is fun, but I prefer Barber and Tally on the 250. If you want to race 250's in the SE with WERA and be competitive, you better have an 08+ gen. Fast lap in the ESS race in June was 1:54.

ztrack157
August 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
The straightaway at RA is the only thing that makes the 250 not as much fun there. But if your racing your garaunteed to see a spencer go through the grass atleast once during the season in the chicane.

miks
August 4th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Great vid. The track doesn't seem like it has many sharp corners, mostly sweepers.

JS73
August 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Nice video! Thanks for posting it. :thumbup:

tiggen
August 5th, 2010, 01:08 PM

Btw, here's a vid of the June ESS (ninja 250 class) race at RA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_ruc_2wCI

Nemesis
August 5th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Btw, here's a vid of the June ESS (ninja 250 class) race at RA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_ruc_2wCI

Good stuff, man!

How many participants were there?

tiggen
August 6th, 2010, 05:14 AM
18 between expert and novice. That was the second race in a row where we were given our own race. (Usually we race with SV650's, but there were so many there that they got their own race.)

A lot of the SE racers post over at www.superbikeconnection.com.