View Full Version : Noob Riders Golden/Denver Area?

50sGrl
August 2nd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hey,
I've been riding my 250r for about a month, almost every day, and I have definitely been bitten by the bug. I've been on the twisties a few times and still a bit conservative on the tight turns, but I get better and more confident with every ride. In any case, I'm not interested in any speeds at which I'd attract a cop's attention. I'd love to meet up with any like-minded area riders, weekday or weekend.
Ann

00NissanNinja
August 2nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
:welcome:, I'd be interested in a group ride, I'm in denver. I started a thread to get us colorado riders together you should post in there too, just so all of those who posted in there can get to know you and you can get to know them. We are planning to do something on the 14th of August if you are interested. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50624

50sGrl
August 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hi,
Yeah, I saw your thread and was tempted to post there, but I noticed that you're talking about going to the track which, at this point, is out of my league. Plus, on the 1 larger size group ride I've been on, nearly everyone was much more experienced than I and needed to wait for me at every break. I just didn't want to subject you guys to that.
Ann

00NissanNinja
August 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Oh that's coo... A few of the riders in there said they are fine riding with less experienced riders, I've only been riding for like three months. We may just end up doing a group ride or something instead of heading to a track depending on the availability, and it doesn't mean you have to get on the track either, I'm still thinking whether I would or not. But if you want to ride sometime you can pm me or some of the riders on the other thread

Delta107
August 2nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Welcome!

Not to sound experienced, But I've only been riding 8 months now (1,200 miles). Just because its a "Race Track" doesn't mean its out of your league. You don't have do go fast, just think of it as a way to safely learn stuff. without having to deal with retarded cars all around you.

spooph
August 2nd, 2010, 10:11 PM
50's girl,

D is right. If you have the time available, you should come out to the track. It doesn't cost anything to spectate, and it's pretty cool to see (unless you're used to the track, in which case, you know what to expect).

I'm in Boulder, and down 93 is but a wee hop for me.

Are you familiar with the area? Do you have a route of desire? If so, post it up. If not, let me know a time. I can lead, you can lead, we can go any speed, doesn't much matter to me. I just wanna ride with some 250's...

50sGrl
August 3rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I did look up IMI and, tho I see the point to practicing at a track, it's farther than I'm willing to ride, especially considering the type of roads to get there. I've been playing in the twisties (went on a leisurely 3-hour ride this morning -- it was glorious!) and I'd gladly meet up for something like that, as long as you all are aware that I'm a card-carrying member of AARP and you don't mind riding with your grandmother.

Spooph, I've seen your posts on CSC, and you other guys, if you don't know about Colorado Sportbike Club, you might check out their site as well.

spooph
August 4th, 2010, 05:52 AM
50sgirl, I just figured out who you are on CSC... I don't mean your handle, I mean in the pics. It will be a pleasure to shake your hand one day!

50sGrl
August 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Ditto, spooph. Perhaps you've met my daughter, Laura, who goes by WingZero993. I have her to thank (blame?) for getting me into the world of 2 wheels (I'm riding her Ninja 250 cast-off).

spooph
August 16th, 2010, 08:15 PM
If I haven't met, I'm sure I will eventually... :P

taikahn
June 15th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I know this is old, but bump for denver rides and meets....