View Full Version : Seeing a lot of New Yorkers... who is downstate/NYC/LI?

Grn99Kawi
August 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
I've been seeing a good amount of New Yorkers popping up in threads and in the new member area.
I am on Long Island.. western Nassau.... where are the rest of you?

Would be good to get a meet or ride together (nothing super far.. just a fun ride)

Adam

petiteninja
August 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
i'm in manhattan, UWS...

caliente103
August 3rd, 2010, 02:52 PM
bronx ny
Posted via Mobile Device

lux
August 4th, 2010, 06:33 AM
After some more practice, I'd like to come along. The fastest I've gone so far is about 45 MPH, and I'm still having difficulty keeping weight off the bars. Would definitely like to join sometime though. :)

lux
August 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Went for a ride from Queens to Brooklyn (REV'IT's NY location) using local roads. It was pretty fun. Kind of windy at times though. A few cars made left turns in front of me, when I thought they should have waited, and I had to brake moderately hard. On the way back I went on the highway (by mistake) for an exit or two. Seemed OK. GPS shows max speed of 52.9 MPH.

I guess I didn't realize this but the stock exhaust seems fairly loud. I noticed people looking at me from about 1/2 block away. I think the highest I've shifted so far is about 6,000 RPM.

Looking forward to a meet and/or ride. :)

Grn99Kawi
August 8th, 2010, 06:34 PM
on Sunday mornings I go for a nice ride.. either hang with some cruisers to OBI at the beach... or with a buddy of mine for a ride on the north or south shore... I'm up for almost anything... just no super long rides...

dicer20
August 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
im from Brooklyn....U.S.A.!!!

Grn99Kawi
August 10th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Do any of you go to OBI near Jones Beach on Sunday mornings? A lot of bikes down there.. just keep your speed somewhat legal.. troopers are out there waiting...

lux: dont worry.. being comfortable with the speed will come... if you want to meet up we usually go out early on Sundays... like 7 or 8 am... we're back home by 11am (usually)

lux
August 11th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hi Grn99Kawi. What's OBI? Where do you guys meet? Not sure I can go this Sunday because of lack of practice and the time (hehe), but I would like to eventually. :)

Grn99Kawi
August 11th, 2010, 05:56 AM
OBI used to be where the Oak Beach Inn was.. almost at the end of the Ocean Parkway not far from Jones Beach... depending on where you are coming from... you can do whatever way to want to get to the meadowbrook parkway to the ocean parkway.. its on the right.. its just a big parking lot now... but lots of nice cars and bikes go there sunday morning.... its a nice relaxed ride

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.639722,-73.286111&spn=0.01,0.01&t=m&q=40.639722,-73.286111

Where are you in NY? queens? Its definately parkway speed though..

tinng321
August 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM
why don't we meet up somewhere in the city.
have some great food and drinks.
how about some korean or vietnamese food in flushing?
who's down for it?

keeyu
August 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Queens