View Full Version : Wrecked my 600R

silver_bullet
August 10th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Kat and I were riding 2 up when a truck pulled across my lane trying to make a left out of a gas station on Civic Center Drive in Augusta and STOPPED broadside in my lane. I grabbed both brakes and cut right hard. I clipped the left rear of his truck, went down on the right side (bike on my knee and Kat's leg) and it flipped to the left, she fell off then but it rode the rest of the slide on my left leg. I got a little rash on my left elbow where it wore through my jacket and left knee. Bike's probably totaled, but just a reminder to PAY ATTENTION and be careful, it could have been MUCH worse. We are bruised and sore, Kat's going to the DR tomorrow and the adjuster is coming to look at the bike too.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/Babyviper95/Accident/

kkim
August 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM
:(

Glad you're both reasonably alright. Be sure you get checked out, too.

bdavison
August 10th, 2010, 05:49 PM
It doesnt look too bad....mostly blemishes that can be sanded, prepped and repainted. Id leave the exhaust ...it adds character,:D
And some new sliders/ and brake lever. Even that engine cover can be replaced.

Actually I think that was rather minor considering your description of the event.
Looks like the sliders did their job saving most of the fairings.

So you are going to fix it right? It be a shame to let them total that, tell em to cut ya a check and roll with it.

ricochet08
August 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
that's all bad man :(
Hope everything checks out ok at the DR

tinng321
August 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Wow....Sorry about the wreck.
Make sure you go to the dr to check out too.

silver_bullet
August 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I'm keeping the bike no matter if they total it or not. Probably leave it as it is for the rest of the summer and repair it this winter (well I'll replace the rear brake pedal now) I slowed down pretty fast so the impact as you can see on the upper fairing wasn't too severe. The frame sliders and my legs kept most of the bike off the ground. We will see what the adjuster says in the morning.

silver_bullet
August 10th, 2010, 06:31 PM
LOL, I actually walked back towards his truck before I checked the bike. My friend Chris picked it up for me. I was Livid. I had him call 911 when I was checking on Katrina then told him it'd be in his best interest to get back in his truck before he ate my helmet. When he told the cop all the cop did was ask the man if he could blame me for that.

bob706
August 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
How did you contain yourself from beating the **** out of the truck driver?

+1.

Hope you guys are doing alright.

silver_bullet
August 10th, 2010, 06:37 PM
We're alright, just sore and bruised. The bike can be fixed (as far as I can see) and we're completely intact so I really couldn't have asked for a better outcome given the events

Flashmonkey
August 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I'm glad you're okay!

almost40
August 10th, 2010, 06:46 PM
that sucks glad everyone still has there arms and legs...heres to speedy recovery
:)

silver_bullet
August 10th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Thank you. I went to work today and did my normal routine, a bit slower because my hips have bruises but I made it. She took the day off. Hopefuly her pain goes away quickly

Rosie
August 10th, 2010, 08:19 PM
That sucks :(
Glad you got out with minor injuries though!

drowe531
August 11th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Glad to hear you guys are ok for the most part. People said MA drivers are bad but when I went to school in Maine there was a lot of bad drivers too, just a different kind. People in Maine seemed to merge or pull out of lots with no disregard for what was coming and just expect everyone to stop for them.

RedCromwell
August 11th, 2010, 10:48 AM
When he told the cop all the cop did was ask the man if he could blame me for that.

The cop was assuming you were at fault? It's a shame, but I get the impression that some cops see a motorcycle and assume it's the root of all evil.

I'm glad you two are all right. Bike doesn't look too bad.

drowe531
August 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
The cop was assuming you were at fault? It's a shame, but I get the impression that some cops see a motorcycle and assume it's the root of all evil.

I'm glad you two are all right. Bike doesn't look too bad.

I think the guy in the car told the cop that he threatened to bash him in with his helmet if he didn't go back into his car, in which the cop didn't seem to have a problem that he told the guy to go back in his car

tjkamper
August 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Glad to hear that you did not sustain any major injurys

Blackwidow
August 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
. When he told the cop all the cop did was ask the man if he could blame me for that.

WHAT???? how is that in any way your fault? Get Larry H Parker, he could get you 2.1million!

glad you're ok. Hope your girl isn't going to be too terrified to ride with you again.

revstriker
August 11th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Wow, glad you are ok.

I think there is a misunderstanding on the post about the police officer's comments. I read them more like this:

Truck Driver: He threatened to hit me with his helmet if I didn't get back in my truck.

Police officer: You pulled out in front of him and caused him to go down, possibly injuring him and his passenger. Can you really blame him for saying that?

tiggen
August 12th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Glad you survived. What year 600RR?

silver_bullet
August 12th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Yes, the cop asked him if he could blame me for telling him he'd eat my helmet if he didn't get in his truck (away from me)

Here are som pics, the bike doesn't look too bad but as we all know the value of plastics is rediculous!

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/Babyviper95/Accident/

demp
August 12th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Glad to hear you two made it out alright, bike's are easy to fix, bones aren't :thumbup:

CZroe
August 12th, 2010, 11:18 AM
WHAT???? how is that in any way your fault? Get Larry H Parker, he could get you 2.1million!

glad you're ok. Hope your girl isn't going to be too terrified to ride with you again.
Yes, this has already been answered, but I can put it much more simply:
"Can you really blame him for [being angry at you]?" The cop was clearly implying "no." It's the same as saying "You can't really blame him for being mad at you after what you did."