View Full Version : Conversion to trackbike

08ninja250
August 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
OK so after i crashed at Calabogie Motorsports Park on August 1st, ive decided to do the conversion to a track bike. The Crash bent the left handlebar, broke off the tail piece and rearset. So i bought a new handlebar and put the stock peg back on to finish the day.

I just took my Insurance off the bike because ive discovered that the road is super dangerous and boring now that ive been doing trackdays.

Just ordered Full Attack race fairing, Elka rear shock, BMC Race Air Filter, and BT003 race tires. Also had to buy a new helmet.

I already have WOODCRAFT Rearsets (bent the left one back into shape)... thinking about clip-ons.

So shes officially off the road now

Now time to prep for an endurance race at Shannonville on the 28th :)

Racer x
August 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Good luck with the endurance racing. Funny how once you ride on the track .The road just becomes dangerous and boring. I feel the clip ons make the bike more comfortable because it stretches me out .But the rear sets raise th epegs to much . I just use stock rear sets with Buell XB pegs to get a little more leg room without loosing much ground clearance.

ztrack157
August 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Eric you go in a straight line since when is ground clearance an issue ;)

08ninja250
August 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah I found that out the hard way!

binlagin
August 15th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Glad to see you where OK after the get off!

Here I am going wtf! as Colin is tumbling down the track
http://bgraham.ca/images/colin_crash.jpg

gaby
August 20th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Glad to see you where OK after the get off!

Here I am going wtf! as Colin is tumbling down the track
http://bgraham.ca/images/colin_crash.jpg

LOL! poor Colin. I might see you out on the track next season.

gaby
August 20th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Good luck with the endurance racing. Funny how once you ride on the track .The road just becomes dangerous and boring. I feel the clip ons make the bike more comfortable because it stretches me out .But the rear sets raise th epegs to much . I just use stock rear sets with Buell XB pegs to get a little more leg room without loosing much ground clearance.

BTW Colin, you should definately get the clip ons, they are awesome.

08ninja250
August 20th, 2010, 09:59 AM
yeah I want clip ons so bad! btw I found you used bodywork! ktracing38 is selling hers you should check it out!
Posted via Mobile Device

gaby
September 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah! I asked her about it, and to send me more pics