View Full Version : Sold the ninja picked up a Honda

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 05:21 AM
As the title says I sold the ninja .. i regretted it for a few days but after I got the new ride out a few times I didn't look back. Its not as comfortable as the 250 was but it's nothing I can't handle. If I had the choice I would've kept it and had both but as it stands I got the new bike for a next to nothing. I got $4000 out of ninja and paid $7k for the honda. I'm only up to around 200 miles but I'll let you know how the ride goes.

Pics:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/siunatron/Motorcycle/0622cdae.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/siunatron/Motorcycle/4832417469_2fcd8d190e_b.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/siunatron/Motorcycle/4832417459_95f8169276_b.jpg

dubojr1
August 16th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Nice!!! Loving the green too!

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Nice!!! Loving the green too!

Well I took KKims advice and got something green because green is faster.

bob706
August 16th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Really nice bike. :thumbup: Congrats

tinng321
August 16th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Congrats on the new bike...Love the color choice.
How many mile did you have on the 250?

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Congrats on the new bike...Love the color choice.
How many mile did you have on the 250?

2,000 miles i think maybe a bit more

sharky nrk
August 16th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Very Nice

backinthesaddleagain
August 16th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Nice looking bike. Wasn't sure about the green the first time i saw it at the dealer, then after a couple sitings thought it looked cool. When I got mine the had blk/silver and red/blk, both with ABS and a red/blk no ABS. The blk/silver caught my eye earlier and thats what i took home. Love the tool kit - one allan wrench and a helmet strap lock extender. Hopefully a sign of low maintenance!!

Talonne
August 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM
It's beautiful!

Flashmonkey
August 16th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Holy crap that's a nice colour! Good find.

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Nice looking bike. Wasn't sure about the green the first time i saw it at the dealer, then after a couple sitings thought it looked cool. When I got mine the had blk/silver and red/blk, both with ABS and a red/blk no ABS. The blk/silver caught my eye earlier and thats what i took home. Love the tool kit - one allan wrench and a helmet strap lock extender. Hopefully a sign of low maintenance!!

Yeah that was great. I asked the dealer (I'm friends with the owners) and I said .. hey guys does this thing come with a tool kit. My ninja has a somewhat nice one and I would like to pass it along to the next owner if I'm getting one with this bike. They said .. oh yeah it comes with one which pleased me, until i opened it up and found the helmet strap (at first I didn't know what it was and thought .. where does this get used on the bike .. hhmmm) and the ONE allen key wrench that im certain .. wont fit all the bolts on the bike. LOL

backinthesaddleagain
August 16th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah that was great. I asked the dealer (I'm friends with the owners) and I said .. hey guys does this thing come with a tool kit. My ninja has a somewhat nice one and I would like to pass it along to the next owner if I'm getting one with this bike. They said .. oh yeah it comes with one which pleased me, until i opened it up and found the helmet strap (at first I didn't know what it was and thought .. where does this get used on the bike .. hhmmm) and the ONE allen key wrench that im certain .. wont fit all the bolts on the bike. LOL

I have to get a bigger socket for that rear axle nut - but at least you don't have to put a wrench on both sides. I passed the tool kit down to the next user also. It wasn't a bad underseat kit at all.

austexjg
August 16th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Nice bike - how well does the abs work?

backinthesaddleagain
August 16th, 2010, 08:43 AM

Best part of the ABS is you don't feel it. On rainy roads you just brake like normally and it stops nice and straigh, no locked wheels. Haven't hit any sandy roads in a while.

CZroe
August 16th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, we have a disproportionate number of WV Ninjette owners on these forums anyway... I may even move there someday. ;) Good luck!

Ryosen11
August 16th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Nice bike! :D
I love that color scheme and the last photo is beautiful!

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Not bad I think if anything my legs take more of a beating because of the style of sitting I find myself hugging the tank more to help with weight on the wrists. Besides I could use a little ab workout lol.

Yeah, we have a disproportionate number of WV Ninjette owners on these forums anyway... I may even move there someday. ;) Good luck!

Yeah I love this area for rides. Even on hot days you can find some shade on the back roads. I know personally of two others who own ninja 250s but don't think they are members here. If they are members they must not post but I have told them of the site. Best part of living here is the fact that a straight road is hard to find :) I mean this is about as straight as the roads get here (this is the highway) And yes this is normal traffic during the day .. maybe 3 or 4 more cars during "rush hours"

Nice bike! :D
I love that color scheme and the last photo is beautiful!

Thanks it's my favorite photo of the bike so far! I went green even though all my gear is red / black. They had the same model in red and black sitting right beside it but the green just had something about it.

kkim
August 16th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Beautiful bike. Congrats. :thumbup:

Better hang on tight... those green bikes are fast, no matter what brand they are. :D

Alex
August 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Even this one? :)

http://forums.dragbike.com/uploads/539/1970-Honda-QA50-Green-2.jpeg

backinthesaddleagain
August 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM

QA50 blast from the past.

Guinss
August 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM
And what about this one..is it fast?
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/06/6-21-08-stthomas1.jpg

Congrats on the CBR600RR Nate. Never seen that color-combo green/blk, I must say it is truly one awesome looking bike. Wow!

pooter
August 16th, 2010, 12:35 PM
How's the seat height on it compared to your 250? I had trouble flat footing on my friend's older CBR which had a really wide seat in comparison to my 250, but I heard the newer models had a narrower seat?

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 06:43 PM
How's the seat height on it compared to your 250? I had trouble flat footing on my friend's older CBR which had a really wide seat in comparison to my 250, but I heard the newer models had a narrower seat?

Well on the 250 I was just about flat footed (and in boots I was flat footed) on the CBR I am on the ball of my feet on both sides and if I stop with one foot on the rear brake and one on the ground I'm flat footed with minimal lean. I'm 5"10" with a 30 inch inseam. So you can get your numbers from that.

On a side note I've done a lot of research on lowering a bike. Now as I am sure this changes the bikes handeling from what I've read there really isnt MUCH drawback by lowering it. This is of course if your just out cruising as compaired to doing track days. Of course on track days you wouldn't really want to stop to often so height wouldn't be as much of an issue as compaired to at stop lights through town. There are two main ways I've seen to drop this bike the first being a lowering link for the rear and rising the front forks. Second being replacing the entire shock system for the rear this option of course being the more expensive. I feel that if personally done (if you have knowledge) or having it professionally done would be well worth the loss in lean(ability?) as compaired to saftey (stopping, holding the bike up, being able to back up, ect).

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Beautiful bike. Congrats. :thumbup:

Better hang on tight... those green bikes are fast, no matter what brand they are. :D
:D

hahahaha :thumbup: on a side note I want a ruckkus so bad just cause

Flashmonkey
August 16th, 2010, 07:28 PM
On a side note I've done a lot of research on lowering a bike. Now as I am sure this changes the bikes handeling from what I've read there really isnt MUCH drawback by lowering it. This is of course if your just out cruising as compaired to doing track days. Of course on track days you wouldn't really want to stop to often so height wouldn't be as much of an issue as compaired to at stop lights through town. There are two main ways I've seen to drop this bike the first being a lowering link for the rear and rising the front forks. Second being replacing the entire shock system for the rear this option of course being the more expensive. I feel that if personally done (if you have knowledge) or having it professionally done would be well worth the loss in lean(ability?) as compaired to saftey (stopping, holding the bike up, being able to back up, ect).

To be honest, I wouldn't bother. If you can touch the ground with the balls of your toes, then hopefully you can get used to it and adjust your riding style. There are 5' nothing girls around here riding R6's for cryin' out loud :p

Obviously this is your choice...and your money...but come onnnnnn!!!! :D

Grn99Kawi
August 16th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Wow... that is beautiful! Best of luck with it!

wvninja
August 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't bother. If you can touch the ground with the balls of your toes, then hopefully you can get used to it and adjust your riding style. There are 5' nothing girls around here riding R6's for cryin' out loud :p

Obviously this is your choice...and your money...but come onnnnnn!!!! :D

Oh I'm not going to lower it I am fine with that stance and thats plenty of foot on the ground for me. I'm just suggesting to some vertically challenged people who might not move up just because of the height issue.

CZroe
August 17th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Not bad I think if anything my legs take more of a beating because of the style of sitting I find myself hugging the tank more to help with weight on the wrists. Besides I could use a little ab workout lol.

Yeah I love this area for rides. Even on hot days you can find some shade on the back roads. I know personally of two others who own ninja 250s but don't think they are members here. If they are members they must not post but I have told them of the site. Best part of living here is the fact that a straight road is hard to find :) I mean this is about as straight as the roads get here (this is the highway) And yes this is normal traffic during the day .. maybe 3 or 4 more cars during "rush hours"

Thanks it's my favorite photo of the bike so far! I went green even though all my gear is red / black. They had the same model in red and black sitting right beside it but the green just had something about it.
Yup. That's where I bought my bike but I was too intimidated to enjoy the roads on my 1st day. :eek: The second day I left my brother's place in WV and rode it back to GA and then on to CA a few months later.

bluemuscle
August 17th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Did you take a look at the ZX6 before buying the CBR I think they look better and give a better riding position. But still a nice bike though.

backinthesaddleagain
August 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Not to hijack wv's thread but I looked a couple times at the ZX as it was about a grand less than the CBR (and FWIW had more power this year) then they were all gone before I was ready to buy. Then the more I looked at the CBR the more I liked it, and its always a good balance of performance and everyday riding. I like the undertail exhaust also, though many brands have gotten away from it.

wvninja
August 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM
^^^ no stealing of the thread ... i rode both but I liked the cbr more.. i also rode a gsxr but thought it felt a bit "cheap" i guess to say. I will also agree that the ZX felt like it had more power but i didn't like the feel of it.

HKr1
August 17th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Yeah, Kawi's SUCK! LOL :)

Congrats on the new bike! Looks very nice :thumbup:

backinthesaddleagain
August 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I was also looking at the R6 and R6S. Sales guys (who I know) said the R6 just isn't the daily driver the other 600's are. I then really looked at the R6S due to comfortable ergos, 26000 mile valve checks, and thought the black with gold wheels was hot looking. But wasn't into that big muffler (easily changed) and wasnt sure if I wanted to buy a discontinued model of an older generation R6. When I found out black/gold R6S was gone that made my focus the CBR.

wvninja
August 17th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Yeah on of my really close friends owns the black / gold rimmed 09 R6 and I've road it. I just didn't like it at all, it was my least favorite. Turns just felt really weird on it, the lean was just off.

edbro
August 17th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Nice bike, you made out pretty good on the deal as well :thumbup:. As much as I love my ninjette, I'd probably sell it for $4k as well if someone would be willing to pay that much :p.

Ryosen11
August 17th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Well on the 250 I was just about flat footed (and in boots I was flat footed) on the CBR I am on the ball of my feet on both sides and if I stop with one foot on the rear brake and one on the ground I'm flat footed with minimal lean. I'm 5"10" with a 30 inch inseam. So you can get your numbers from that.
I'm 5'6" but no problem with the stock height 07CBR. Usually I also stop with my left foot(flat footed with little a** shift/lean or ball of my foot without)I just have to concentrate a little more than taller guys when I come to a stop;)

wvninja
August 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Nice bike.. you taken it on any longer rides yet or in stop n go traffic?

No long trips yet (I really only have weekends to do so and this months been busy for me on the weekends so far) but I plan on making a 2 1/2 hour trip this weekend. The longest out I've been on it is maybe an hour to hour 1/2 but not far just out cruising around and stopping at friends houses (showing off the new bike). I have done a lot of stop and go traffic (stop light to stop light) pulling forward at intersections and have even sat through construction (paving the roads) and no problem at all. This bike pumps out a lot more heat than the lil 250 did but then again its a lot bigger engine. Its also been 90f + here which isn't bad but the humidity is horrible here. If it would cool down faster in the evening I could go out then but at 9pm I have an hour before I go to bed because I am up at 5 am every morning. I ride to work but thats only a 10 minute ride at max through traffic.

It seems as though the more I get on it the more I have forgotten how the 250 felt and the feel of this bike feels more "normal". I won't lie at first I was like this feels great and then after 20 minutes on the bike I was like OMG get me off this thing I need to stop and rest. But now I'm good to go, my neck, legs, arms, wrists, and feet have all adjusted to this bike and I'm really starting to love it now.

jonthechron
August 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Nice bike, but that green will never be as nice as the kawi green!

wvninja
August 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Nice bike, but that green will never be as nice as the kawi green!

The green on my bike is darker and more metallic looking. The kawi green is a lot brighter. I had a 650 parked right beside this bike at the dealership and it looks completely diff. This sucks because try finding green gear thats not kawi green LOL.

backinthesaddleagain
August 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'm 5'6" but no problem with the stock height 07CBR. Usually I also stop with my left foot(flat footed with little a** shift/lean or ball of my foot without)I just have to concentrate a little more than taller guys when I come to a stop;)

Sho, just double check what you step on when a*** shifting a bit on a stop. Don't wanna see your foot slide on some oil or coolant.

paterick4o8
August 17th, 2010, 01:14 PM
congrats. sounds like you got a great deal. a bit jealous actually haha
enjoy!

gogoKawi
August 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I saw this bike a while back when I was looking to upgrade. From afar, I thought it was a Kawi because of the green. I was surprised to find out it was a CBR. The riding position on that bike is amazing. The most comfortable Super Sport out there, IMHO. Great find! Did you get it from Romney? They have amazing deals there.

I go riding in WV all the time. Just went to Lost City last weekend. Will probably make a 33 run in the next couple of weeks. Those are some excellent twisties.

Ryosen11
August 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Sho, just double check what you step on when a*** shifting a bit on a stop. Don't wanna see your foot slide on some oil or coolant.
Yes I'm very careful about it. I don't stop at the middle of the lane and although left side is more comfortable I can always use my right foot whenever I see something on my left.

It seems as though the more I get on it the more I have forgotten how the 250 felt and the feel of this bike feels more "normal". I won't lie at first I was like this feels great and then after 20 minutes on the bike I was like OMG get me off this thing I need to stop and rest. But now I'm good to go, my neck, legs, arms, wrists, and feet have all adjusted to this bike and I'm really starting to love it now.
True. At first I felt like a Thomas engine LOL...face sticking out waaay forward. I got used to it very quickly and now it feels natural and very comfortable even on long rides.

wvninja
August 17th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I saw this bike a while back when I was looking to upgrade. From afar, I thought it was a Kawi because of the green. I was surprised to find out it was a CBR. The riding position on that bike is amazing. The most comfortable Super Sport out there, IMHO. Great find! Did you get it from Romney? They have amazing deals there.

I go riding in WV all the time. Just went to Lost City last weekend. Will probably make a 33 run in the next couple of weeks. Those are some excellent twisties.

No not Romney though I do hear they have great deals. I got this one from RG Honda in Clarksburg. Where is the lost city? The furthest east I have been is Mount Storm.

People riding at mount storm. I'm not a fan of pushing it like this but to each their own.
PLXMZsuKP5U

*note before everyone start commenting on the video I put this just on here to show you the twisties not my actual riding style. I don't ride like this nor am I in / making this video.

gogoKawi
August 17th, 2010, 02:36 PM
That video wasn't too bad. They were definitely rolling! I may have to check out Mount Storm. I love the fast, sweeping turns, though I can't see myself going anywhere close to their speed around the corners.

Lost City isn't too far from 81 and 66, real close to the eastern WV and VA border.

tjkamper
August 17th, 2010, 02:42 PM
That is my wife's favorite color of CBR 600. Damn Sexy looking bike!

wvninja
August 18th, 2010, 10:48 AM
That video wasn't too bad. They were definitely rolling! I may have to check out Mount Storm. I love the fast, sweeping turns, though I can't see myself going anywhere close to their speed around the corners.

Lost City isn't too far from 81 and 66, real close to the eastern WV and VA border.

May have to go out that way to check it out one of these days. I don't go anywhere near as fast as they went lol.

demp
August 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
The green on my bike is darker and more metallic looking. The kawi green is a lot brighter. I had a 650 parked right beside this bike at the dealership and it looks completely diff. This sucks because try finding green gear thats not kawi green LOL.

ahaha thats a good point :D

little green menace
August 19th, 2010, 03:54 AM
very sweet mate, great colouring

dubojr1
August 19th, 2010, 06:25 AM
This link has a helmet that looks like it may match.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53236

Sound Wave
August 21st, 2010, 12:15 AM
wv. congrats on the bike. welcome to the dark side. :) gotta love honda's quality. i am really happy with my honda except for the contents of my tool kit.

backinthesaddleagain
August 21st, 2010, 10:59 AM
Read on 600rr.net that Canadien CBR have full toolkit instead of 1 wrench and helmet lock strap.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueRaven
August 21st, 2010, 06:04 PM
she's beautiful :drool:

Reswob
August 21st, 2010, 07:35 PM
What dealer gave you $4k for the 250? I'm goin' there when it's time to upgrade, I didn't even pay that much in the first place!

wvninja
August 26th, 2010, 06:44 AM
What dealer gave you $4k for the 250? I'm goin' there when it's time to upgrade, I didn't even pay that much in the first place!

RG Honda and it does help that I personally know the owners.

backinthesaddleagain
August 26th, 2010, 06:46 AM
I got $2,500 for my blue '09 with 13K miles and new (start of season) tires and brakes. no scratches, dings, etc.

backinthesaddleagain
August 26th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Nate, I've got to find a 32mm socket so I can adjust the chain. Been to 3 auto part stores and Harbor Frt and no one had a 32. Guess Sears is next stop, or get that Canadien tool kit.

pooter
August 26th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I got $2,500 for my blue '09 with 13K miles and new (start of season) tires and brakes. no scratches, dings, etc.

From a dealer or private sale?

backinthesaddleagain
August 26th, 2010, 01:54 PM
From a dealer or private sale?

Oh sorry. Traded it in at dealer.