View Full Version : This seems like the best place for this question.

Cab305
August 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
When running at full throttle, completely pinned 11000+ rpms.

I found that when I would go full bore (pinned throttle), I would let the throttle back a bit, yet bike continued to accelerate for a split second.

Have any of you experienced delayed throttle response at high rpms? Just curious, I know sometimes butterfly valves can get stuck when fully open.

It startled me a couple of times as I was catching up to the bike in front faster than I had anticipated.

kkim
August 16th, 2010, 12:25 PM
sounds to me like your main jets could go one step leaner. what's in there now?

Guinss
August 16th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Yes I would say you could be running a little on the rich side @ WOT, by the symptoms you describe.

Cab305
August 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Bone stock intake, needles and exhaust @ sea level

I thought I might be a bit rich, sometimes when I'm warming her up before ride, I can smell a bit of gas in the exhaust. That's odd because I haven't touched it and I thought they came lean from factory.

kkim
August 16th, 2010, 01:26 PM
that's why removing the snorkel helps. The stock bikes are a bit rich on the top end (main jets) so removing the snorkel makes the 98 main jets that come stock have a bit more air so the bike runs better on the top end. If you remove the snorkel, though, the midrange runs too lean with the additional air, so you'll need to shim the carbs to compensate.