View Full Version : Dropped the bike for the first time. Need input!

luoyuejia
August 18th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone!

I dropped my bike for the first time today. The cause was me not taking enough care and attention to my weight when making a slow and tight turn. That, I have all figured out in my head for the future.

However, there's been a few damages to my bike. I had frame sliders before, but when the bike went down and got picked up after, my left frame slider was gone! I have no idea where it went. I checked everywhere! It was nowhere on the street, not in my fairings or anything. Aside from that, my fairing is pretty scratched up. My shift lever is also bent inwards... any idea on how to fix that? I also snapped off the front left turn signal, so now I just have the wires sticking out of the fairing. If any of you know of any places to replace these parts, please let me know! Especially the shift lever, I'm kind of worried about that.

Thanks for reading!

want1sobad
August 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
just bend the shift lever back into place. signals - good oppotunity to covert to flushmounts (there is a diy on the forum).

for oem parts:

www.cheapcycleparts.com

00NissanNinja
August 18th, 2010, 05:49 PM
:whathesaid:
You can use that wrench with the hexagon cut-out in your tool kit to bend it back out, just slip it over the shift pad then pull towards the back of the bike

kkim
August 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
personally, I would remove the shift lever and bend it back into shape while it's off the bike.

Tofergstaff
August 18th, 2010, 06:21 PM
personally, I would remove the shift lever and bend it back into shape while it's off the bike.

:whatshesaid:

CZroe
August 18th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Inquiring minds want to know: what frame sliders failed so spectacularly? :(

luoyuejia
August 18th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, that's what I did. I figured that if I kept the shift lever on while trying to bend it back... it'd upset the balance on a lot of other things. And so I removed it and hit on it a few times with the hammer :). It did the trick!

As for now... I suppose I'll be ordering proton flushmounts... still looking for the left fairing in black though.

I'm not sure what frame sliders they were, as I bought the bike with 2000 miles on it already, and they came with the sliders on already. :\

want1sobad
August 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
tofer,

kelly (kkim) is a dude:) THE dude on this forum "all hail yoda". no worries, honest newbie mistake.

albert,

don't waste the money on the protons, you can convert stock signals pretty simply.

here's the diy:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19043&highlight=stock+flushmounts

00NissanNinja
August 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Oh was that bad of me to do? Oh well had to what I could to get back home