View Full Version : Luggage websites?

FlamingYellowInsanity
August 22nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
Hello to everyone! I have a question about luggage. I'm not 100% sure what I want, but I'm looking for some good sites to find Ninja 250 luggage, like saddlebags, tankbags, and the like.

I'm specifically looking for one to hold my armored Joe rocket jacket and lock it to the bike (though it doesn't have to be bulletproof or anything), so I don't have to haul it around with me at school all day. I found a recomendation on here for a good tankbag, so I will give that a look, but I just wanted a few ideas where to look, and what to look for. Oh, also, cheaper (price) is good, as I am a full time college student. Thanks for any suggestions!

Travis

Alex
August 22nd, 2008, 01:44 AM
With its long standard seat design and relatively low exhaust pipes, it's pretty easy to fit a wide variety of saddlebags and seatbags on the 1st gen ninjette. And with the metal tank with a reasonably flat top, magnetic tank bags works great as well, as long as they are not too large/wide. If you go to a motorcycle accessory store, you'll undoubtedly find something that will work for you. One brand that consistently gets great reviews is RKA; their stuff is up at:

http://www.rka-luggage.com/index.html

Since so many things will work on that bike, you may even want to post up in craigslist that you're looking for cheap motorcycle luggage, and you might find some things that will work for pennies on the dollar.

dw8
August 22nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Everybody has a preference. I've only been around Cortech luggage. My friend had their tank bag, tail bar, and side bags on her 2006 250. It was all black, and worked very well. Good enough that I purchased the same tank bag and am going to get the tail bag this fall.

JCCJMM_
August 22nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
Check out newenough.com

They have a great selection of luggage and the best customer service.
Take a look at the Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak collection.

If that is a little too pricey, google "Dowco luggage". I own a Dowco standard tail bag that only set me back $40. It is good quality stuff at a low price. They also offer a set of saddle bags to match.

FlamingYellowInsanity
August 25th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Ok, I went to a local bike shop and looked around to find what I needed. Basically what I am wanting luggage for is for when I am at school. I need to haul books/backpack/laptop to school on a regular basis, but also would like my joe rocket armored jacket to lock in it also.

I found ONE piece of luggage that will fill this slot, a Givi top box that could probably hold a small-to-medium child :D but it is pricey at about $270+tax (and not exactly the most beautiful accessory for the ninjette, if you catch my drift). While most bags there could haul books, the killer was finding one that would fit the jacket. There was one other bag, a set of saddlebags that looked more like two HUGE dufflebags strapped together :p not exactly nice looking, but they may get the job done also.

My other option is simply to run a cable through the arms of my jacket and leave it straped to the handlebars or something, but I really don't want to haul my jacket everywhere with me on campus. Anything you all can think of? I'm actually leaning towards a smaller set of saddle bags and just locking my jacket to the bike. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for the replies so far, good stuff!!

Travis

JCCJMM_
August 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I'm with you on the Givi. The only thing that bothers me about leaving gear on the bike is the fear of what people might do. I leave my helmet on the bike sometimes. I put it under a web net on the back of the seat and lock it, but I still worry about it for some reason.

The hard case may be the only option to really secure it. And like you, I sure would not want to carry that jacket around.

Best of luck on your search.