View Full Version : My 250R has a big brother...

ScorpionNinja
September 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
This past weekend i picked up my 2nd bike!

My 250R now has a New Big Brother! :D

Alex
September 5th, 2010, 08:58 PM
/moved to the lair

CZroe
September 6th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Niiiiiiice! :thumbup:

I like the new tail compared to 2008. Now, even though it's still a bananna seat, it doesn't have to be black to look good! Even so, I'd like to see it with a false cowl line on the seat like some of the older 650R bikes. Perhaps CustomSeatCreations can help with that? I like the older style windscreen too, but that's just me. :)

Snake
September 6th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Great looking pair of bikes. I see you stuck with the red color theme.

Ryosen11
September 6th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Nice bike! Looks great! :thumbup:

KURT
September 6th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I have a 650R as well. Seems like logical stablemates, 'cause more than a few of us have them. It must be the intoxicating low-end torque.

Congrats!:thumbup:

sugarbear
September 6th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Sweeet!!! :thumbup:
I can't believe you didn't spill it on the phone today. Way to keep a secret:)
So are you still gonna keep the 250?

bob706
September 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Congrats :thumbup:

Banzai
September 7th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Cool deal.

ScorpionNinja
September 7th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Great looking pair of bikes. I see you stuck with the red color theme.

I was trying to get their last 2009 Green, but the girl came in 3 days before me and bought it. If only i showed up earlier. :(

I did get to talk to her the day she came to pick up her 650 and ride it home!
She was like me, started on a 08 green 250, sold hers on craigslist and upgraded to the 650.
I of course asked her if i could ride hers around the parking lot :D ,
but she laughed and smiled, then took off for home.
I didnt have time to tell her about Ninjette. org!!! :mad:
Oh well.

ScorpionNinja
September 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Sweeet!!! :thumbup:
I can't believe you didn't spill it on the phone today. Way to keep a secret:)
So are you still gonna keep the 250?

I was gonna try and hold off on telling the "ASG", by just showing up on the 650 on our next group ride.... but.... Opps! *opens bag: cat jumps out* :D

Yes, i will be keeping the 250 and still plan on doing Gingermann trackday Oct. 2nd-3rd this Fall.

If my cars trans blows, then i will have to sell my 250 and use the money to Buy (cash) or Finance a good used, low miles, 2000-2004 Dodge Dakota w/ 3.9 V6, Extended Cab. (then ill have a truck to transport my 650 to trackdays)

Or - unless i win one of those two Bikes from Gibraltar trade centers bike nites Oct. 8th-9th!
Then ill sell the Raffle bike, buy a good Dodge Dakota, and keep the 250.

ScorpionNinja
September 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I have a 650R as well. Seems like logical stablemates, 'cause more than a few of us have them. It must be the intoxicating low-end torque.

Congrats!:thumbup:

Yea, something like 62.5-65.2 HP!!!

Ive only got 41 miles on my 650, just from riding from dealer to my aunts house to show them it, then back home. Weather has been "IF"y the last two days so ive kept it tucked in.

I kept it under 6k RPM during those 41 miles, with one red light i took off @ 6k RPM in 1st.... being so used to my 250, i wasnt ready for the 2-2.5x power and almost fell off it, just slightly! :D
I know its not 110-115 HP like the ZX-6R, but when you go from 25-28HP to 65HP... its quite an unexpected jump in acceleration! :D

ScorpionNinja
September 7th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cool deal.

Yea, $5,398 OTD.

I tried and tried to get them to throw in FREE Passenger Grab handles, but they couldnt or wouldnt do it! :mad:

I plan on keeping the 250, but now i need to find a CHEAP front/rear stand Combo w/ rear spools! Anyone know of anything like that, say UNDER $100?

Im not buying 2 more Pitbull stands for this bike. This winter when i store em both, the 650 is getting the Pitbulls under it. 440lbs.

ScorpionNinja
September 7th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Niiiiiiice! :thumbup:

I like the new tail compared to 2008. Now, even though it's still a bananna seat, it doesn't have to be black to look good! Even so, I'd like to see it with a false cowl line on the seat like some of the older 650R bikes. Perhaps CustomeSeatCreations can help with that? I like the older style windscreen to, but that's just me. :)

Yea, the looks of the banana seat are yucky, but the 650 is much more comfy for me and my GF on back, then the 250. I was looking up Corbin seats for the 650, :eek: $431-439 for the Gunfighter and Gunfighter w/ "removable" Passenger Oval-back rest = $668 :eek:

HKr1
September 8th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Congrats on the new ride! :)

rceezy
September 8th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Congrats!

illrational
September 8th, 2010, 01:25 PM
What happened to being too poor to get your girlfriend her own bike and now you have too, you're going to get it!!LOL, man i can't wait for my next bike and loved that comment about almost falling off which is what im worried about when i step foot on the 6r. Congratulations man and if the banana seat bothers you i saw a seal cover you coulld put on that makes it looks more than half way decent.

ScorpionNinja
September 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM
What happened to being too poor to get your girlfriend her own bike and now you have too, you're going to get it!!LOL, man i can't wait for my next bike and loved that comment about almost falling off which is what im worried about when i step foot on the 6r. Congratulations man and if the banana seat bothers you i saw a seal cover you coulld put on that makes it looks more than half way decent.

My GF has made it clear that she dont want her own moto' to ride herself.
Shes just fine riding on the back with me!

As far as poor, well my 250 is paid off, the 650's payments are $119/month. Im not going to make double or triple payments a month on the 650, like i did with the 250 to get it paid off in a short 12 months!

Nor will i get blowing money on mods and crap, well i only need 2 things for the 650.
Stompgrip pre-cut kit (gas tank/sides) and those passenger grab handles (so GF has another thing to hold onto - that it also provides more things to tie down cargo when i solo longer trips)

If my cars transmission goes (the torqueconverter is going bad fast) I just dont have enuff money to buy and make payments on a new car. My GF and I will just have to share her car during the winter if my car blows up for good! (its old and the money req'd to fix it, im better off buying something used 6-8 yrs old instead)

ScorpionNinja
September 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Well, today my GF called me to let me know that UPS dropped off a package!

My OEM (ER-6n) Grab Bars came in from a Ebay seller!!! :D

I got them on and they look great.

I did notice a DEFECT in the Rear body plastics on the 650R. The grab bars arent able to fully tighten flush. So ill have to grind away some of the rear plastics so the holes fit/line-up perfectly!

Cant wait to go ride 2UP and test them out. The GF should be happier with being able to hold onto those during Braking... I know I WILL! :lol:

ScorpionNinja
September 25th, 2010, 07:37 PM
:mad:

I crashed my 650R tonight!

Went for a 2UP ride with my GF, when i really wasnt in the mood, plus it was already dark out when she asked "lets go for a ride? :) ".

CZroe
September 26th, 2010, 01:03 AM

I crashed my 650R tonight!

Went for a 2UP ride with my GF, when i really wasnt in the mood, plus it was already dark out when she asked "lets go for a ride? :) ".

Sorry to hear that. How are you? How is she?

sharky nrk
September 26th, 2010, 06:23 AM
yeah, that stinks, hopefully you guys are ok

ScorpionNinja
September 26th, 2010, 11:55 AM
were ok!

im just sooo pissed, at myself, and every thing about it.

No broken bones, road rash, etc on either of us.

I cant say "Just be glad you guys didnt get into worse trouble" - or all that -

I cant stop thinking about what if... what if i did this, what if i did that... :mad: ya know?

austexjg
September 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I still lay awake some nights thinking about my first, and only so far, slide to high side. I too was unhurt for the most part, but it meant little at the time, but now I am grateful when looking back.

ScorpionNinja
October 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Pics...

Grab bars on/off.

Before crash, after!

With Big bro & Lil bro together! :D

sugarbear
October 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hmmm. Sorry to hear the damage to the bike...

ScorpionNinja
November 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM
More bad luck!

So over the weekend, i pull out the 650 and check things over on it, before we go on our trip!

Rear tire PSI was @ 10 psi.

So i put it up on the rear stand, use soapy water and check the rear tire. Sure as ****, i have a Nail (heads broken off) right in the middle of the tread causing a Slow air leak!!!

Dealership doesnt Open till Tomorrow TUES.

I was hoping to ride the 650 this week and as many November days possible before im Forced to winterize it!!! :(

CZroe
November 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
More bad luck!

So over the weekend, i pull out the 650 and check things over on it, before we go on our trip!

Rear tire PSI was @ 10 psi.

So i put it up on the rear stand, use soapy water and check the rear tire. Sure as ****, i have a Nail (heads broken off) right in the middle of the tread causing a Slow air leak!!!

Dealership doesnt Open till Tomorrow TUES.

I was hoping to ride the 650 this week and as many November days possible before im Forced to winterize it!!! :(

I didn't check the pressure after my incident, (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58728) but it seemed to be holding and I was under a mile from home so I kept it under 15MPH. I got right on replacing them the next day.

ScorpionNinja
November 7th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Well, im still waiting for my 650 to be Fixed at the dealer!

This weeks weather is nice for riding and perhaps the LAST "warm" November week to do so.

I also messed up my right wrist/hand. So, either i heal up enuff to Ride my 650 home next week, or I have Rage42 ride it home for me! :D

Warranty wont cover expenses of transporting my 650 (once fixed and rideable) from the Dealer, to my home! Only covers that, if you Reverse that order! heh.

Anyone living 2,000 miles away, wanna be Nice and come over Here, to Transport my 650 home for me, FREE? :D :p

I still have to Winterize both Bikes, I just cant work on them with One-hand, ya know! :mad:

ScorpionNinja
November 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Bikes still at the dealer! :mad:

:sigh: At this rate i wont be able to ride it home before the temps get around freezing and dangerously Icy!!!

ScorpionNinja
August 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Long time since Ive posted.

Well, this weekend I was voted in by the members of Redlinesuperbike!

I'm an Official Member of Redlinesuperbike! :thumbup:

I still log on this fourm to see if I have any PM's about my 250R (for sale).

I no longer post on the Michigan Detroit Riders thread, cuz its dead and no one ever comes out to the events I post up. Not gonna waste my time with that anymore, sorry!

I've done a Track day @ Grattan July 2, 2011. Rode my 650R of course. What a BLAST man!!! :thumbup:
Lots of members of Redline are there and I will be at Grattan again, Sept. 3rd, 4th, 2011.
We have a partnership with STT and STG. Its gonna be a Fun weekend!!!

See you there!

Later
- Dave

oblivion007
August 14th, 2011, 05:44 PM
a freaking clock!

WOW!
nice=]

ScorpionNinja
August 15th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Nice!

Banana seat has to go though, this isn't the nineties anymore ;O

Yea I dont like the "looks" of the seat either, but I bought the 650R, cuz I 2UP a **** load with my GF. Its much more comfy for her, but both of us to ride.

Yet I cant afford the Concours-14. Which is a Great Bike btw, I got to demo ride it 2x, once solo, once 2UP. My GF loves it, but the 650R was the right choice for me(us).

I looked at and demo rode the SV650. Sorry, but the 650R is more comfy to ride. Not too mention, Looks IMO, much better than the SV650! :cool:

The 650R is just as flickable in the corners as the 250R, though you need to ride the 650R for afew weeks to get fully used too its cornering, etc! :thumbup:

MPG: City 38-43, Highway 45-53.
It varies, depending on your speed, solo riding, or have a passenger on back, etc.

I've demo rode a lot of Bikes this Spring/Summer and It makes me appreciate the 650R. Im glad I got it for my 2nd Bike. :D

jdoucet93
August 15th, 2011, 09:18 AM
haha me and my good buddy Jarrid have the same thing going on. Two great bikes!

jdoucet93
August 15th, 2011, 12:40 PM
My girlfriend and I (about 270lbs combined) ride 2up all the time. Yes, even on the interstate. I've gotten up to just over 90 (mph not kph lol) and the bike still handled it perfectly fine. The only time I really notice the difference is in really hard acceleration situations like passing or taking off hard from a light. Ninjettes are awesome! :thumbup:

aznboi250r
August 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Congrats!

etiainen
August 22nd, 2011, 04:41 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, that's an awesome 2nd bike. Good choice there.

I can't even imagine how bad riding 2up on a 250r would be, especially on the highway. *shudder* Its cool that you guys can go 2up comfortably now and without fear for your lives. :eek:

What does a 2up 250r top out at? 80?

Tops out over 90, that is for sure. That's with two full size guys on it. Definitely not comfortable, but definitely doable.

r311music
August 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
For anyone that has gone from 250 to a 650, how was it adjusting to the higher weight of the 650? I sat on a 650 today while my bike was getting serviced and it just seems like it would be much harder to balance at low speeds.

alex.s
August 25th, 2011, 07:52 PM
its better to make a new thread for new topics. its not the weight that makes bigger bikes harder to manage, it's the power. you need good throttle control

ScorpionNinja
August 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM
For anyone that has gone from 250 to a 650, how was it adjusting to the higher weight of the 650? I sat on a 650 today while my bike was getting serviced and it just seems like it would be much harder to balance at low speeds.

The 650R has a higher center of gravity than the 250R. I didnt like the 650R's low parking lot speed, while I was getting used to it, before riding it home when I bought it.

But, the more I rode the 650R, the more I liked it. 40-50 miles later once home, I loved it. I was used to the 650Rs higher gravity, etc.

At low speed parking lot stuff, the 250R is more agile, due to its lower center of gravity and weight, but once you ride the 650R for 1 week (if your a taller type rider - Im 5'9" and flat foot it easy) you'll forget about the difference between the 650R & 250R. lol

I havent rode my 250R since April 2011, but last year when I first got the 650R, I rode one than the other afew times during the Fall. 650R is just as easy to do "S" turns, as the 250R. You just have to get used to the bike and develop your Skill. No bike is gonna make YOU be able to turn/move better.