View Full Version : California: San Diego / SoCal meets

s2kenny
September 8th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Hey I haven't heard of any meets down here in San Diego so I'm thinking of starting one of my own with a couple buddies. I'm just trying to get a feel for the amount of people on this forum in San Diego.

So who's near-by who would be free on a weekend night to hang out and cruise?

I'm thinking Saturday / Sunday night sometime around 6 or 7pm.

I would like to hear some feedback from you local riders. :thumbup:

Cuongism
September 9th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I'd be down.

CZroe
September 9th, 2010, 03:55 AM
I work those hours. :( There's always Mira Mesa Bike Night (Thursday nights).

Cali619
September 9th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Im open for sat during the morning or afternoon, depending on the route. Sundays are a maybe since football season just started back up.

Rosie
September 9th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Too bad I'm a new rider and don't feel comfortable riding at night yet :(

Cuongism
September 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Seems like AM would be a better option?
+1 on football starting. Any other giants fans living in SD? :thewave:

Blackwidow
September 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
one day hopefully i can be privledged enough to ride with you guys...till then i can only continue to dream.

Cali619
September 9th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I wont be able to ride this weekend or next , brake pads need to be changed and next weekend ill be out of town but after that im down to meet and cruise. Im not sure everyones skill levels but I am slow.....

Cali619
September 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
one day hopefully i can be privledged enough to ride with you guys...till then i can only continue to dream.

hmmm maybe you should move to san diego and live the dream :P

s2kenny
September 9th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I work those hours. :( There's always Mira Mesa Bike Night (Thursday nights).

How's the turnout for Mira Mesa nights? I'v never been there I wonder if there is anyone there around 11pm.

Im open for sat during the morning or afternoon, depending on the route. Sundays are a maybe since football season just started back up.

Saturday sound good

Too bad I'm a new rider and don't feel comfortable riding at night yet :(

Don't worry, we can schedule a day thing. I actually love riding at night, less cars, easy to spot headlights, and cool night breeze!

What's holding you back?

I wont be able to ride this weekend or next , brake pads need to be changed and next weekend ill be out of town but after that im down to meet and cruise. Im not sure everyones skill levels but I am slow.....

It's ok, I'm a turtle on my bike also.

Cuongism
September 9th, 2010, 10:08 PM
What roads were you planning to cruise btw?

CZroe
September 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM
How's the turnout for Mira Mesa nights? I've never been there I wonder if there is anyone there around 11pm.

During the summer it can get pretty big. It seems like huge groups of bikes will randomly choose to leave on an impromptu ride to it can go from a hundred bikes down to only a few in no time, but it looks like people float in and out all evening. From what I can tell it starts to thin out after 9:30PM but, depending on the time of year, I still usually see people around ~11PM. I'm usually just stopping by Albertsons on my bike and absorbing what little I see. :)

Rosie
September 10th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Don't worry, we can schedule a day thing. I actually love riding at night, less cars, easy to spot headlights, and cool night breeze!

I only have about 300 miles under my belt :o
Hopefully someday I'll be comfortable enough for night riding, but right now it really scares me! :eek:

Blackwidow
September 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I actually love riding at night, less cars, easy to spot headlights, and cool night breeze!

ditto! :thumbup:

What's holding you back?

i can't get on freeways to get out there yet. i've topped my speed so far at 55mph...we all know freeways around here you gotta be at least at 75mph to not get rear ended. And i'm still in the break in period anyway, so no freeways for me quit yet.

s2kenny
September 10th, 2010, 05:18 PM
During the summer it can get pretty big. It seems like huge groups of bikes will randomly choose to leave on an impromptu ride to it can go from a hundred bikes down to only a few in no time, but it looks like people float in and out all evening. From what I can tell it starts to thin out after 9:30PM but, depending on the time of year, I still usually see people around ~11PM. I'm usually just stopping by Albertsons on my bike and absorbing what little I see. :)

Oh nice, I would love to see a 50+ group of motorcycles mobbing down the freeway.

I only have about 300 miles under my belt :o
Hopefully someday I'll be comfortable enough for night riding, but right now it really scares me! :eek:

Nice, a new rider! It will come with time, it's no biggie don't worry about it. Just remember to wear your clear visor and not a smoked one!

ditto! :thumbup:

What's holding you back?

i can't get on freeways to get out there yet. i've topped my speed so far at 55mph...we all know freeways around here you gotta be at least at 75mph to not get rear ended. And i'm still in the break in period anyway, so no freeways for me quit yet.

Oh new bike huh? The freeway is a blast when there isn't too many cars on the road with you.

Cazper
September 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I'm new to the area... little north of you guys at Camp Pendleton... but I have been known to go on long rides for no reason at all... might have to subscribe to this thread!

Dino
September 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm up here in Mira Mesa. Should go for a ride around La Jolla or if you want some place nice and quiet with some twisties, I'd say Chula Vista (Eastlake area). I'm down on the weeknights or weekends :)

Cali619
September 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Im free this sat for a cruise, im on OB but can meet up wherever. If the weather is nice as they say it will be we should do a highway 101 for a chill ride.

Cuongism
September 22nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
I have this Saturday open this well, but busy sunday

Havok
September 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
I am in LA but would gladly show up for a meet and great. With this being the ninjette forums I think a day meet would work best for most people as there are a lot if new riders. I would prefer a Saturday but can show up anytime though this Saturday is a bust for me. I will be moving soon though that would not be an issue. I just need a weeks notice.

BLackwidow if you wanted to go I could run up to where you are and ride together. You ride your ride at your speed and I could trail behind so no cars up your rear so to speak.

djrbx
September 22nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
I'm down for a meet up. I'm located in North Hollywood but I think I might be going to Six Flags on Saturday. Just keep me updated and I'll see if I can meet you guys up

Cazper
September 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't be able to make it this Sat... going to check out Cruisin' for a Cure car show and then spending time with family up north. Still keeping my eyes peeled here though!

Havok
September 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM
I'm down for a meet up. I'm located in North Hollywood but I think I might be going to Six Flags on Saturday. Just keep me updated and I'll see if I can meet you guys up

You have to cruise past me on your way. Let me know and if BW does t take me up on my offer we can ride down together though I may make a weekend out of it and get a room for a couple of day and hit the zoo up.

Cali619
September 25th, 2010, 09:32 AM
If anyone wants to meet up for some riding today let me know, Ill prob be around till noon then hit the road.

Cuongism
September 25th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Where at?

Cali619
September 25th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Where at?

Im down to cruise beaches heading up the 101 and back, I was thinking maybe the 94 to campo from telegraph>otay lakes road but in the mood for a zen ride. when more people can go we can hit the 94 and even get some cool pics from "highway 94" photography guy thats there every weekend.

Cali619
September 25th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I miss San Diego but I do not miss Cali.... How is Ocean Beach these days guys?
sorry for off topic...

OB is the same , locals , laid back, non glamorous like other beach towns ;)

Cuongism
September 25th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Cool, I still don't know the area well at all so I'm down to cruise any place. All those roads and places went over my head :p

djrbx
September 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Okay, so it turns out that I will not be going to six flags today. So I'm free for a good ride out after two. Lets do this! We just need a time and place and let the rest fall into place. Oh, and probably a route :D

Godzilla35
September 27th, 2010, 02:59 PM
HELP! yes, I'm spamming everyone from SD because I need help...
I finally found a ninja that I can afford, but I don't have a way to transport it.
I just passed my MSF so no license to ride it yet because it's in the mail and the seller has it registered as non-op...

If anyone could help me out, please email me asap kyug35@gmail.com with your number.
I need a truck with ramps / straps.. I'll pay you in gas + beer.
Chula Vista to Carmel Valley area....

CZroe
September 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
HELP! yes, I'm spamming everyone from SD because I need help...
I finally found a ninja that I can afford, but I don't have a way to transport it.
I just passed my MSF so no license to ride it yet because it's in the mail and the seller has it registered as non-op...

If anyone could help me out, please email me asap kyug35@gmail.com with your number.
I need a truck with ramps / straps.. I'll pay you in gas + beer.
Chula Vista to Carmel Valley area....

Maybe if you offered to drive them there and let them drive it to your place. :)

Godzilla35
September 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Maybe if you offered to drive them there and let them drive it to your place. :)

I would totally be down with that EXCEPT... it's registered NON-OP which means it can't be driven till I go to the DMV and get it re-instated.

Blackwidow
September 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
BLackwidow if you wanted to go I could run up to where you are and ride together. You ride your ride at your speed and I could trail behind so no cars up your rear so to speak.

thats very sweet of you Havok! Thanks so much! But i can't get on the freeways cuz i'm still in the break in period.

Havok
September 28th, 2010, 10:33 AM
thats very sweet of you Havok! Thanks so much! But i can't get on the freeways cuz i'm still in the break in period.

Ok no problem :) standing offer should you decide to head out this way. I hope to do a mt. Baldy run in the comming weeks as it seems to be the easiest more laid back of the roads up there. I'll post when I go if you or anyone else wants to go.

Godzilla35
September 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM
thanks Kevin for helping me pick up my bike this morning! proud new owner of a 08 plasma blue!

Rosie
September 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
thanks Kevin for helping me pick up my bike this morning! proud new owner of a 08 plasma blue!

Nice!! Post pictures!!

Godzilla35
September 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM
will do!

collector000
October 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hey I just moved to Rancho Cucamonga a few weeks ago, rode GMR today. I'd love to have some people to ride with. I'll watch and see when everyone gets together, hopefully I can join in.

Cali619
April 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
If anyone in San Diego wants to go for any weekend rides add me to your friends list and shoot me a message any time.

speedgsx98
April 17th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I'm in Pt Loma. Although I use my bike for commuting mainly. I do occassionally get together with some riders.

Havok
April 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
If anyone in San Diego wants to go for any weekend rides add me to your friends list and shoot me a message any time.

Always good to have one more. Look inthe group rides section for meets. We have gotten together a few times now and have had a blast everytime. The last one was a tech day at Kevens house and it looks like the next one will be parking lot practice that Alex is setting up. All the guys are great. We have pretty good turn outs. The more the merrier.

Cali619
April 17th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I'm in Pt Loma. Although I use my bike for commuting mainly. I do occassionally get together with some riders.

Im in OB right on the border to PL off Chatsworth, if you ever plan a ride shoot me a message.

ninjohn
April 17th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hey there San Diego ninjettes let me know when you guys are meeting and I'll try to make it! Would be great to meet some other riders, compare bikes and stuff. I'm in Vista... this is my first bike and I've only had it about a month so I could use all the tips I can get. :thumbup:

Cuongism
April 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
This is gonna be our next meetup for San Diego:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70859&highlight=socal

We haven't decided a place or date yet. Our last event was a tech day:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69359&highlight=san+diego

We've also done Palomar, Ortega, and a meetup in Pasadena. If there's a road you want to go on, let us know =)

On April 30th, a few of us are trekking up to LA for the "Ticket to Ride" event if you want to join as well.

ninjohn
April 17th, 2011, 11:36 PM
sweeet! Thanks for the info cuongism!! Not sure about a trip to LA quite yet, I'm still getting comfortable on the bike but I'm getting more confident by the day...:D

dino74
April 18th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Hey there San Diego ninjettes let me know when you guys are meeting and I'll try to make it! Would be great to meet some other riders, compare bikes and stuff. I'm in Vista...

I'm in Carlsbad, we should go for a ride on a weekend :thumbup: .

ninjohn
April 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Sounds great dino! I ride down Faraday to Cannon and hit the beach a few times a week. This weekend I'm out of town but I'll PM ya and we can set something up!

john

Cazper
April 18th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Look at all the people close by... I'm in Oceanside (Camp Pendleton) I go to all the events that are on here but if you guys want to do just a local ride let me know!

Cali619
April 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
We could all meet up somewhere on the 101 near encinitas or something and cruise around.

ninjohn
April 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Sounds great! Like I said, I'm still a newbie rider so it would be good to get with other riders and get some tips. I'll be out of town this weekend but the following one looks good. Maybe Moonlight beach on Sat. morn or Sunday afternoon? Just a thought....

Cazper
April 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Not sure where that is, but give an address and a date and time and I'm down :thumbup:

ninjohn
April 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM
OK how does Saturday, April 30, 9:30 am, at Moonlight State Bach sound? We could ride the 101 up to Oceanside Harbor from there, grab coffee or lunch and then maybe ride some more. Moonlight is at Pacific Coast Highway 101 and Encinitas Blvd in Encinitas - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

As the day nears, I'll PM to make sure you can still do it! Should be fun and thanks! :D

ninjohn
April 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
crap. my link didn't work sorry

speedgsx98
April 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cafe Elyssa in Carlsbad is nice. Right off coast hwy and carlsbad village dr. Outdoor firepits, good place to people watch. I have to work saturday from 7am-3pm =(

hurttech
April 19th, 2011, 09:37 AM
crap. my link didn't work sorry

Try this one (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=4924064858077183125&q=Moonlight+State+Beach&hl=en&sll=33.047685,-117.296635&sspn=0.018706,0.032015&ie=UTF8&ll=33.059069,-117.318063&spn=0,0&t=h&z=15>). And I'm down to meetup on the 30th.

ninjohn
April 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM
cafe elyssa is a good suggestion speed - you could call in sick :eek:and thanks for the help on the link hurtech. Anyone who responds to the thread I'll PM as a reminder as the day nears. :D Looking forward to it! :thumbup:

speedgsx98
April 19th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Shoot, and it looks like I would have been the only pre-gen.

Cazper
April 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
The 30th is no good for me... I'm going to the ticket to ride in LA that weekend... I know I hit up the SD one but I didn't get a chance to ride the ZX-14 and I NEED to ride the ZX-10R again... man I want that bike :thumbup:

sixer
April 21st, 2011, 05:27 AM
anything going on this sat ? I never been on Ortega hwy... HRMM

ninjohn
April 21st, 2011, 07:47 AM

I wish - I'll be out of town this weekend. :(

Blackwidow
April 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM
*Prayer*

Dear lord, its me BW...sorry I haven't spoken to you in a while, but I need your help. Can you please give me the balls I need to be able to face my fear about getting on the freeway with my bike. I'm missing out on some great outings with some great people cuz of my fear of riding on the freeway. i promise never to ask for anything else if you give me this.

Amen.

alex.s
April 21st, 2011, 10:03 AM
*Prayer*

Dear lord, its me BW...sorry I haven't spoken to you in a while, but I need your help. Can you please give me the balls I need to be able to face my fear about getting on the freeway with my bike. I'm missing out on some great outings with some great people cuz of my fear of riding on the freeway. i promise never to ask for anything else if you give me this.

Amen.

no truck or trailer?

speedgsx98
April 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
*Prayer*

Amen.

It's actually funny how new riders are always scared about the freeway. It's actually the road that requires the least amt of concentration. Like pulling off a band-aid...just do it!

hurttech
April 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
It's actually funny how new riders are always scared about the freeway. It's actually the road that requires the least amt of concentration. Like pulling off a band-aid...just do it!

Got my license yesturday, never been on freeway. I'm just gonna do it.

speedgsx98
April 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
Got my license yesturday, never been on freeway. I'm just gonna do it.

Congrats on the new license! What part of SD are you in?

hurttech
April 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Congrats on the new license! What part of SD are you in?

Live in Jamul (El Cajon) work in Eastlake (Chula Vista) so I get to spend a lot of time on the 94 and Otay Lakes Road:D Buddy is picking up an SV650 on Friday so if anyone is out this way on Saturday I'm game to meet up and do some country riding!

TeamGreen
April 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Live in Jamul (El Cajon) work in Eastlake (Chula Vista) so I get to spend a lot of time on the 94 and Otay Lakes Road:D Buddy is picking up an SV650 on Friday so if anyone is out this way on Saturday I'm game to meet up and do some country riding!

What up man. I'll probably see you around as I work in the Otay Ranch town center. Keep an eye out for my all green 08. What color bike you have? Not sure if its you but i've seen an 09 SE or two around eastlake.

hurttech
April 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
What up man. I'll probably see you around as I work in the Otay Ranch town center. Keep an eye out for my all green 08. What color bike you have? Not sure if its you but i've seen an 09 SE or two around eastlake.

I'm on an 09 Sunbeam Red. Red and black Shoei and black jacket.

phr3ek
April 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
*Prayer*

Amen.

i would help out but im a d-bag and go fast on freeways

there is nothing to it really, just jump on and stay in the slow lane
then work your way into the fast lane if you want

CZroe
April 21st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Having never ridden on the street ever and with only the MSF course experience under my belt, I bought my bike in a state 600 miles away and had to ride it home.

Yes, I took the Interstate. :)

Havok
April 21st, 2011, 06:16 PM

I am riding to valencia to do a computer job. Not fun or exciting but ummm want to go do it for me and ill ride ortega? lol.

30th is no good for me either i am going to ticket to ride as well.

Cazper
April 21st, 2011, 10:06 PM
I think Paulette should come hang out with us at the ticket to ride... and if she gets ambitious she could ride another bike. We could always go on a ride after as well or pay our respects to another Starbucks...lol.

Cali619
April 22nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
If anyone wants to meet up this Sat. for a putt around let me know. I am thinking to head out around 11ish. Depending on your location , we can pick a place to meet and decide where to ride depending on confort zone and experience in group riding/etiquette etc.

dino74
April 22nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
If anyone wants to meet up this Sat. for a putt around let me know.. I wish I could, going to LA for Easter.

Cazper
April 22nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
If anyone wants to meet up this Sat. for a putt around let me know. I am thinking to head out around 11ish. Depending on your location , we can pick a place to meet and decide where to ride depending on confort zone and experience in group riding/etiquette etc.

I'm meeting up with a couple other members on Sun at North County House of Motorcycles at 1000... I need tomorrow to relax, rough week at work. :(

sixer
April 23rd, 2011, 08:27 AM
CAZ- that 1pm 0r 10am

Cazper
April 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
CAZ- that 1pm 0r 10am

Sorry, military time... 10am :thumbup:

sixer
April 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
blah my fault really 0100 is 1 0r 13 and 1000 is 10

alex.s
April 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
at least its not binary. 1000 would be 8am.

Cazper
April 23rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
Leave it to you Alex to get scientific...lol. What you got going on tomorrow? I'm meeting with Max and Jerome at 1000 at NCHM and then going on a ride... just sayin' :thumbup:

Havok
April 23rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Leave it to you Alex to get scientific...lol. What you got going on tomorrow? I'm meeting with Max and Jerome at 1000 at NCHM and then going on a ride... just sayin' :thumbup:

where you guys riding to?

Cazper
April 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Not really sure... kinda leaving it up to the other guys... however, if they leave it up to me we may just end up on palomar again... they have done several rides together... I'm just along for the ride :thumbup:

You definitely are more than welcome to come too though!! :thumbup:

Havok
April 23rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Not really sure... kinda leaving it up to the other guys... however, if they leave it up to me we may just end up on palomar again... they have done several rides together... I'm just along for the ride :thumbup:

You definitely are more than welcome to come too though!! :thumbup:

Nice, watch the roads there may still be water up there.

Cazper
April 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
definitely will!! :thumbup:

Cali619
May 13th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I found a group already created on meetup.com we can join and create meetups on. Im not sure if the admin is on here but if not im sure will be soon.

http://www.meetup.com/Ninja250/

Cazper
May 13th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I think I messed up registering because my wife already uses meetup.com and I probably just added her to it :confused:

Cali619
May 13th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I think I messed up registering because my wife already uses meetup.com and I probably just added her to it :confused:

Im sure you can update the intro to say its you not her and throw in your pic or something.

johelduenas
June 20th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Hey that sounds great!!! please keep us posted!! Me and a buddy live 2 hours away (Imperial Valley):thumbup: but are anxious to ride in San Diego.