View Full Version : A couple ninja pix

SV-Mark
August 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Here's my current ex.... 2007, 38miles, you read that right, 38miles $2500.00, Oh what a deal... you have to be there first with the cash.

SV-Mark
August 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Here is the "Evil Ninja" (ninjette #3).... Started out bad, ended up bad..
It was parked for 10+ years outside, carbs and entire fuel system needed major attention, leaky output shaft seal, dead shock, leaky fork seals, got it for $500 had 8k on the clock, front fender was bobbed from prevouus accident, plastics all in bad shape, was never a good idea...

cut the fork springs, made spacers, welded up one of the holes in each of the dampning rods, ordered "works" shock for big $, good suspension, bad tires... took my hands off the bars and it went into a violent tankslapper, spit me off hard.. see pics...sold it for $500.00 running well, busted plastics, with the "dead"shock (sold the other shock for cold cash, swearing off ex250's forever...) but... I wanted an 08 with the 17s, but the way the dealers are gouging people, I will need to wait a few years till things calm down, I sat on a new one at the motorcycle show last year..nice... but not $5000 worth of nice

OK flame away for the lack of gear, FYI Carhart jacket and pants suck as gear

PS couldn't find pics of ninjettes 1 and 2 ... use your imagination, one was red and the other yellow

Alex
August 27th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Ouch Mark! I hope the 4th ninjette treats you better than the 3rd one. Sounds like you got a screaming deal on the 4th one as well. Our 2004 Ninjette would have a headshake issue if I'd decelerate through 45 mph with my hands off the bars. It's not an uncommon issue on Ninjettes, unfortunately. The good news is it seems to rarely happen unless folks have their hands off the bars...