View Full Version : Kriega US-20 tail bag bike stability?

hackeron
September 11th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Hey, since the pillion seat mechanism for attaching storage is hardly the most rigid thing in the world, just wondering do any of you have the Kriega US-20 tail bag? How would you rate this bag? Is it stable on the 08+ 250r?

Alex
September 11th, 2010, 10:33 AM
/moved to farkles

welcome2thedawn
September 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM
i have the us10....it's fine....i'm amazed at how much i can cram into that thing....used it on a road trip to the coast....really windy, riding at 80mph, and it didn't blow off :D

hackeron
September 12th, 2010, 05:27 PM
i have the us10....it's fine....i'm amazed at how much i can cram into that thing....used it on a road trip to the coast....really windy, riding at 80mph, and it didn't blow off :D

I've ordered a US30 with a tankbag converter :) - will put the US20 as a tailpack and a US10 as a tankbag, will report how this setup is working.

Also, your US10, do you store a chain there? - if so, what chain?

The seat on the 250R is pretty wobbly, hope it doesn't fall off!

welcome2thedawn
September 12th, 2010, 06:53 PM
no, no chains....it seems pretty stable to me...the straps go under the seat, then clip into the bag, and you can pull them really tight....makes it really easy to just unclip the straps, and leave them under the seat to take the bag....i also have the R25 backpack, which is really comfortable...doesn't even feel like you are wearing one

hackeron
September 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Fantastic, can't wait to get it :)

A bit off-topic, but do you carry any security devices in the tailbag, rucksack or under seat?

We have a real problem with bike theft here in London so first and foremost, I want to store an almax series 3 chain in the tailbag which is around 8kg worth of chain/lock!