View Full Version : ninja 250 tank bag

toxic_xtina
September 12th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Hey. I'm looking for a magnetic tank bag for my 08 ninja 250 that will fit a clear full face shield (in case I get stuck out at night), and maybe my phone and wallet. Ive been looking at the joe rocket manta or hammerhead and icon urban or premier? Any help will be great or other suggestions. Thanks

addy126
September 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I have the Joe Rocket (small) manta bag. Great for small things and the magnet attachments are great. The low profile on the tank is nice as well. I just picked up the Icon Primer Bag which would be more conducive to putting an extra visor in plus some small things. However the magnet attachment are less powerful and just a little concerning. Works so far for my needs tho.

Snake
September 20th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I have the large Joe Rocket expandable tank bag with magnet mounts. Magnet mount is the only way I will ever go now. Quick on and off.

Oh, can ya fix the first pic. It's upside down.

KURT
September 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I have two of the Joe Rocket Manta XL's, and they will easily fit my face shield.

Just bought one last week here... $50.

http://www.newenough.com/parts/luggage/tank_bags/joe_rocket/manta_xl_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

gtrippleb
September 24th, 2010, 06:11 PM
The Joe Rocket HammerHead that I just sold, will hold a face shield plus some other items. It also has pockets for a gps and a cell phone.

I bought a Recon 19 tank bag with magnet mounts that I use for my every day commute. It will hold a face shield among other things. The side pouches on the Recon 19 will hold two cans of pop/soda, depending on what you call them, or one 16-20 oz bottle. Both of these bags easily handle my Scorpion 400 face shields.

caferacer
September 29th, 2010, 06:09 PM
i have a cortech magnetic bag that i have used for 2 years now. It holds my spare visor, my ipod, my lunch for work, my gloves, cold and warm weather, my ear plugs, my bike cover, my sunglasses, my kickstand cup, my neck warmer, and my tire plug kit. It is smallish but holds what you need...magnets are really strong and it fits the tank....I tried about 20 bags at the dealer before this one and none fit until this one. The pic is old but you get the idea.

wayanlam
September 29th, 2010, 08:28 PM
i bought one from Givi,

http://www.giviusa.com/img/20957-o-80772/Tank-bags-T436.jpg
http://www.giviusa.com/soft-luggages/Tank-bags/T436

the model here in indonesia is a little different, but its basically the same bag.

it can extend to take on more volume, and i believe that a full face helmet should fit in there. too lazy to take everything out of there to put in the helmet sry. xD

was a little expensive here, cost like $120 or something. but i can finally go around without a backpack!

DaBlue1
September 30th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I have these.
MOTOCENTRIC Mototrek 7 Tank Bag
MOTOCENTRIC Mototrek 14 Tank Bag

Features and Benefits

* 1680 denier Maxtura™ ballistic construction for durability
* Detailed organizer
* Reflect-A-Light™ reflective piping
* Removable snap map pocket with zipper entry
* Duraflex® buckles for added strength
* Customized carrying handle
* Audio ready
* Protective base
* Rain cover included
* Cell phone storage
* Backpack convertible
* Hydration ready
* Separate eyewear pocket
* Dimensions: 6" X 9.5" X 13"
* Capacity: 14 L

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5004&L2=27&L3=402&L4=403&item=ONL_8600-003

ScorpionNinja
October 2nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
Make sure you get a Tank bag that WILL NOT... touch starter button, or HORN, etc when you turn the handle bars all the way Left and Right!!!

They will get in your way and can and Will, cause you to be distracted at times. Bad idea when your doing a tight parking lot type turn (MSF) with your GF on back!!! Believe me!

The one i got is great and all, Big and expandable, im able to fit (2) Full Gallons of Milk, 1 18oz. Box of Cereal in it, with the outside pockets and zippered hidden pockets to fit (2) 20 oz. bottles of Pop, sunglasses, cell phone,etc!

If im riding in a straight line. Seeing my gauges is also NOT a Problem. Its just too big for it to "Safely" store my items!

So make sure you use a Small tank bag, to fit the regular items and save the Big items to put into Big Saddle bags or even a Tail bag!

wayanlam
October 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
^

lol, 2 gallons of milk and a box of cereal... did you forget to do the breakfast shopping with the car and decided do it on the bike? that must be quite a BIG bag to fit all of that... don't think the Givi that i have could do that.

our ninjette fuel tanks are smaller than most 600~1000cc bikes i think, so we have limited space to plant the bag on. i stick mine on quite far to the back, covers the top of my tank-pad, almost touching my belly (if i had a big gut it might touch :p) when im sat upright on the bike. but that way it doesn't get in the way of the handlebars.

would be really annoying if you honk when turning left, and hit the starter when turning right, haha..!