View Full Version : Possibly a great deal; one piece leather

Cuongism
September 12th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I'm looking for a suit for tracks/canyons and came across this one for really cheap.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=42&L3=183&L4=186&item=FTL_FTL276-BWW-38_G

Not getting it myself, but quite possibly a great deal for someone on a tight budget. I do own a Frank Thomas mesh jacket and it's been fine so far. Haven't had to test it out yet though (knock on wood). If someone does get it, reviews please :D

Snake
September 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
That is a great price. That's a $300 savings.

caliente103
September 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
not bad
Posted via Mobile Device

austexjg
September 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Might have to go by the local shop and try one on.

CC Cowboy
September 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I've never been a fan of Frank Thomas but for casual riding it would be fine (great price and better than jeans). For the track I'd get the best.

sharky nrk
September 12th, 2010, 04:20 PM
At that price I almost wish I was in the market for a suit, keep posting up these deals :thumbup:

supermanster
September 13th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Nice Deal!

Can someone please enlighten me. Im a size 36US on alpinestars, Is the size 46UK would fit on me?

Im a 5'4" waistline 28-29. Thanks

Rexbo
September 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
You get what you pay for....

A friend of mine has that exact suit and its a piece of crap. The zipper tab broke the second time he put it on, the knee sliders velcro pads are sewn in the completely wrong place, and then, when he crashed on a 40 mph corner (at the track), 3 seams burst completely open during the crash, and gave him a ton of road rash on his elbows and knees. He was wearing FT gloves during the crash and a seam also failed on one of them, because it caught on a rock when he slid into the dirt. Really? A small rock tore your supposed crash leathers? Pretty much worthless!

It was smooth pavement, a lowside crash, and a relatively low speed, yet it still completely failed. I wouldn't trust this suit at ALL. I've lowsided in a faster corner in my Dainese suit (that has been crashed in before) and the only thing that happened was a little bit of scuffing.

If it had been a 100 mph corner, i'm sure he would have been seriously hurt even without hitting anything.

Just pony up and get a good suit if you like your skin. Dainese, Alpinestars & Spidi have earned their names and prices because they're worth it.