View Full Version : New guy in town, my 250r

Johnny 250r
September 13th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Here is a link of my 250r or go to utube and type in 82charm, you will not be disappoint.

3EPQlcYnz_A

LegB4Wicket
September 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I like that GSXR pipe. Looks good.

How practical is that back-up camera? When would you use it?

...And welcome!

Alex
September 13th, 2010, 10:46 PM
/moved to videos.

bob706
September 14th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Very nice looking bike :thumbup:

Den
September 14th, 2010, 07:11 AM
:eek:
Looking very nice!
:thumbup:

want1sobad
September 14th, 2010, 07:46 AM
welcome!

luoyuejia
September 14th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Oh wow... nice mods!

Especially the undertail license plate :)

Yasko
September 14th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hello, I'm a new guy from Texas.
Can you list the things you've done to this bike. That's the best 250 I've seen to date.:thumbup:
I hope to get my first bike at the end of the year, and I would love to have some mods like your bike.
You are the man!!!!!!!

Jerkson
September 15th, 2010, 05:10 AM
*You wont be disappointed*

I dont see how the back-up camera is useful. I was hoping that was a gps ;)

What mount did you use for that screen? Is it waterproof?

Also, why not just remove the passenger foot pet holders / exhaust holder since you aren't using them (you have removed the pegs)

On your HID's it looked like they were both on....did you properly retrofit projectors in there or do you just blind everyone with your scatter?

Johnny 250r
September 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for all the great feed back. Just wanted to responds to some questions. I use my back-up camera like a extra pair of eyes of the back of my head, use it all the time. I have a metal braket holding it up, its not water proof but its comes off very easy so if its rains I justs take it off. Now my mod list, the ones that are not on the video green neon light kit,change boths sprockets front and back so now i can hit 40mph in frist gear and second gear goes to 60mph at redline,new metal pegs, shorter cluch lever so i dont smash my fingers, led rear turn signals, rear tire hugger that i got sent from thailand,throttle mod which mean I can be at wide open throttle at a flick of my writs my buddy did that for me not safe for bigger bike but great for the 250r and my last mod is BRT tis ignition thats clams a extra 2-3hp but havn't install yet. Yes i do have gps on my bike its called my iphone when its mounted, also in the video my high beams are on justs wanted to show u have brite Hid can get.

Jerkson
September 16th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Thanks for all the great feed back. Just wanted to responds to some questions. I use my back-up camera like a extra pair of eyes of the back of my head, use it all the time. I have a metal braket holding it up, its not water proof but its comes off very easy so if its rains I justs take it off. Now my mod list, the ones that are not on the video green neon light kit,change boths sprockets front and back so now i can hit 40mph in frist gear and second gear goes to 60mph at redline,new metal pegs, shorter cluch lever so i dont smash my fingers, led rear turn signals, rear tire hugger that i got sent from thailand,throttle mod which mean I can be at wide open throttle at a flick of my writs my buddy did that for me not safe for bigger bike but great for the 250r and my last mod is BRT tis ignition thats clams a extra 2-3hp but havn't install yet. Yes i do have gps on my bike its called my iphone when its mounted, also in the video my high beams are on justs wanted to show u have brite Hid can get.

Wow, thats kinda hard to read without any newlines ;)

Just so you know the lumen output of low and high beam HID is the same, they are just angled differently. Now that you mention it, it would be nice to see directly behind you at all times. (without tucking in the elbows and such)

Thats hugger looks like a sportisi...due to the 2-part design

*googles for waterproof screen*

:thumbup:

Too40gawlf
October 1st, 2010, 04:43 PM
I love the GSXR pipe. How do you get one? Is it just a take off of a GSXR? Can you go buy it off the shelf anywhere? Does it need to be modified to fit the Ninja 250? Finally, is it from a 600 or different size GSXR?

rwheelz
October 2nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Nice!

Hitman
October 9th, 2010, 05:12 AM
I love the GSXR pipe. How do you get one? Is it just a take off of a GSXR? Can you go buy it off the shelf anywhere? Does it need to be modified to fit the Ninja 250? Finally, is it from a 600 or different size GSXR?

I'd like to know as well. I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust and I like your idea.

saint15
October 9th, 2010, 10:10 AM
very nice i guess we all fall in love with our little ninjas XD i think mine looks great based on the available budget. how much u spent in mods? also i wanted to ask u, now that u put all that money into it do u think that was the best think to do or would u have rather put that money into a bigger badder bike?

Johnny 250r
October 10th, 2010, 05:20 PM
The GSXR exhaust is off a 06 600cc GSXR, just the exhaust part not the header. Yes u will need to modified it to fit. Do a search on it for more info that's what I did. I also don't plan on going bigger then my 250r. I'm around 2,500 bucks in mods. Still to come header,bigger rear tire and more.

bamaland
October 11th, 2010, 01:01 AM
the gsxr exhaust has a side chamber on it and it must be hacked off and welded shut if i remember correctly..

06-07 gsxr's have that style.
can be had on ebay for around $40-60 easily(no lie lol)

been planning on doing it myself for my 500 but can't seem to make myself do all the mods needed :( starting to get a little lazy lol.

bike looks good man i love the 2 way alarm with remote start, which make/model is it?
this is a big want for me but dont see it working to well in the mornings being i have carbs and not fi :(

peachdiddy
October 19th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Very nice! I like everything that's going on here! GSXR pipe, that camera's sweet, and HID's, my man!

Blackout
October 19th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Here is a link of my 250r or go to utube and type in 82charm, you will not be disappoint.

3EPQlcYnz_A

Baddddddasss my bud!

I have quite a few mods on my own 250R as well, but you have me beat here on a lot of the gadget-cool devices you have so patiently installed. I also really like the under-tail license mount. Care to share how you went about this? i already have a Targa Fender Eliminator, so my back end is cleaned up, but I would like to clean it even MORE if possible.

Always keep your rear end as clean as you can, right!? :thumbup:

I envy your rear hugger, I have been wanting one for quite some time now!