View Full Version : Salt Lake City, UT riders!

alfmoonspace
September 14th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Anyone in the SLC or surrounding area would like meet up for a ride? Doesn't have to be anything special, could just be a small ride and dinner or something.

Also, I find it sweet to look at other peoples mods and steal ideas :D

MikeCG23
September 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I'm game!

JeffM
September 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
You must have been reading my mind.

May I suggest a Saturday morning ride to the Silver Fork Lodge (http://silverforklodge.com/restaurant.html)for breakfast? It is located up Big Cottonwood Canyon.

If a canyon ride is not in the cards, something centrally located would work.

When would folks want to get together?

alfmoonspace
September 15th, 2010, 09:30 AM
That sounds like a plan! Should we do next Saturday?

JeffM
September 15th, 2010, 09:35 AM
The 18th?

tjkamper
September 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hey if anyone has a spare bike to lend me I will be in SLC area Saturday 10/9/2010. A morning ride would fit right in my schedule, but I will be bikeless as I am flying in this time.

alfmoonspace
September 15th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I am fine with whenever, this Saturday or next.

utahninja
September 15th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Jeff... thanks for the notice on this ride.

Unfortunately, all my Saturday mornings are booked up through October, so I wont be able to make it this time. :(

JeffM
September 16th, 2010, 06:29 AM
So, Mike and Idris are in for a breakfast ride up Big Cottonwood on the 18th. Clint (nevrfastenuf) says he'd like to tag along with his much modified 250 ;)

How about a 9 or 9:30 start time? We could meet up at the Chevron Station at the bottom of the canyon.

MikeCG23
September 16th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Your going to have to count me out on this Saturday:(. But that shouldn't stop you guys from riding. I'll probably be free next weekend.

alfmoonspace
September 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Next Saturday would be better actually, should we do same time and meet up for cottonwood?

ericdrum
September 16th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I'm down for next Saturday.

JeffM
September 16th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I might be able to make next Saturday. I have to work overnight till 2am that morning. :( Still might be able to make it if I'm not too tired.

So, this Saturday is off? Either way, I think I'll ride up the canyon on the 18th. I'll be at the Chevron at 9:30 am.

Postiez
September 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Sup guys!

I am living at the U now so I'll probably join in(although I sometimes get randomly very busy) as my Saturdays are pretty open. The only thing I do really is watch the school football games and pick up tickets for those games on Saturdays.

This weekend I am going to pick up tickets for the game next week at 10 am then going to watch the game around 4. Next weekend I will be busy, home game this time, after around 3 pm. So now you have my life story for my weekends...

TL;DR
I am free after about 10:30 till 4 this saturday and from about 11-3 next saturday.

Sorry its a bit cramped, I won't take it personally if the meet doesn't line up with my sched.

That said, my bike could really use it as its been super neglected living in the city and being super busy with school.

If someone could send me another pm if something is decided so I don't miss it, I would appreciate it.

Postiez
September 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
This thread got me thinking about riding more so I took the ninja out to explore the nearby canyons tonight

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Red+Butte+Canyon+Rd&daddr=40.76042,-111.70872+to:Red+Butte+Canyon+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FeAJbgIdip9V-Q;FWT0bQId0HVX-SlpFStZnGdShzETzjrIKnOsKA;FeAJbgIdip9V-Q&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=15&via=1&sll=40.759513,-111.80902&sspn=0.025875,0.052357&ie=UTF8&ll=40.752719,-111.765461&spn=0.103511,0.209427&t=h&z=13

Emigration was pretty sick, the rest was kinda meh

Had a lot of fun though =D

Nevrfastenuf
September 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I thought I had a free weekend but my wife reminded me of some Saturday commitments that weren't on the calendar. Sorry Jeff, this weekend is out for me, but I would like to come up and get an end of the season cottonwoods ride in sometime. It was a great ride last year! Let me know if you guys reschedule and I'll see what I can do :thumbup:

JeffM
September 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Clint, it looks like the 25th is when everyone is free.

Wife told me tomorrow is garage cleaning day. I'm still going to try to ride up tomorrow at 9:30.

Blue Monkey
September 17th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the invite. I will have to see what next Saturday is like. Good to see Clint in on the boards still. I know Nebo is a bit far for everyone but I would love to do that one sometime.

alfmoonspace
September 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear that they're many who ride 250's here in Utah! Here is what I have for the meet.

PLACE: Big Cottonwood Canyon with breakfast at Silver Fork Lodge.

TIME: 09:30 September 25th, 2010

MEETUP PLACE: Chevron Station at the bottom of the canyon.

Please RSVP to get an idea of how many will be there. :thumbup:

JeffM
September 19th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Count me in. I'll post if I cannot make it for some reasone or another.

Had a nice ride up Big Cottonwood yesterday. BMW/Triumph of Salt Lake had demo rides going on. I took a Triumph Street Triple up the canyon...... can you fall in love with a machine?

ericdrum
September 20th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I'm in.

alfmoonspace
September 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
Didn't think it would happen this weekend but sadly my ninja is going to go on Saturday. Wish I could be there :(, going to get a bigger bike.

JeffM
September 21st, 2010, 06:37 PM
Well, if you get your bigger bike prior to Saturday, you can still come along. Us Ninjette riders are a friendly bunch. :D

alfmoonspace
September 21st, 2010, 07:07 PM
Awesome, appreciate it! Love to ride with you guys!

alfmoonspace
September 24th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Count me in, can I get an address to chevron before the canyon?

JeffM
September 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Located on the corner of Big Cottonwood Canyon Road and Wasatch Blvd.

JeffM
September 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I lied, it is a 7-Eleven store, not Chevron

Nevrfastenuf
September 24th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I just got on to double check the address too :thumbup: This Saturday should work a little better for me. Jeff, do you want to pm me your phone number so I can call and tell you not to wait for me if for some reason I can't make? Hope to see you in the morning.

alfmoonspace
September 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Sorry jeff we just took off after ya. Had a blast guys, must do again soon.

Love seeing your guys bikes!

JeffM
September 26th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Sorry jeff we just took off after ya. Had a blast guys, must do again soon.

Love seeing your guys bikes!

Yea, I wondered where you guys went :D

Ride report here (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=217930#post217930).

alfmoonspace
October 13th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Set up another ride?

JeffM
October 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Alpine Loop would be fun except for all the leaf peepers. Not sure about my schedule this weekend. Sounds like a good idea.

Open and scroll down to Utah for some ideas: http://www.canyonchasers.net/maps/

alfmoonspace
October 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I like Logan Canyon this time of year, everything is turning. BUUUTTTT, I can ride just about anywhere:D

Next Saturday morning would be best.

Nevrfastenuf
October 13th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I probably won't know what my plans are for sure until Friday, but another ride sounds great :thumbup: You guys pick where and I will see what I can do.

JeffM
October 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Well, this Saturday or next? Next Saturday Cycle Gear in Draper is having a blowout parking lot sale. Shop and ride anyone? :D

alfmoonspace
October 15th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Well, this Saturday or next? Next Saturday Cycle Gear in Draper is having a blowout parking lot sale. Shop and ride anyone? :D

Next Saturday is a deal, let's see how many pennies I can save up this week:D

JeffM
October 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Bring saddle, tank and tail bags :D

alfmoonspace
October 19th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Going to Boise for work this weekend, found out today :(. You guys will have to ride without me...

JeffM
October 19th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Just me so far.

JeffM
October 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Created a Ninjette.org Social Group for us Wasatch Front folks. Please Join.

Wasatch Front Riders (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/group.php?groupid=13)

alfmoonspace
October 26th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Alright ladies, this Saturday we are going to ride, no matter what! All kidding aside, small ride and breakfast this Saturday!

JeffM
October 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I'm in. Where to? Ruth's?

alfmoonspace
October 26th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Perfect, everyone join in!

alfmoonspace
October 28th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Where is everyone, you Salt Lakers are NOT storing just yet! :D

THIS SATURDAY we are riding, lets plan on something!

JeffM
October 28th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I never store my bike. I'm in unless something comes up.

alfmoonspace
October 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM
JeffM and I are meeting up tomorrow for some cycle chatting at Einstein Bros Bagels
3923 Wasatch Blvd., Salt Lake City, UT at 9am. Hope to see a couple people there!

ungluck
May 11th, 2011, 01:42 AM
hey guys..i am in talks with a very important company in a career path and fav pasttime of mine..anyway..they are in SLC

how long is the riding season? who attempts to ride year round? who does? cost of living ie: living outside of SLC what are hosu eprices..3 bedroom, 2 car garage an acre..for temp living..a studio apt,etc?

who goes to miller motorsports park?

just a feeler, nothing is solid..

JeffM
May 11th, 2011, 07:17 AM
hey guys..i am in talks with a very important company in a career path and fav pasttime of mine..anyway..they are in SLC

how long is the riding season? who attempts to ride year round? who does? cost of living ie: living outside of SLC what are hosu eprices..3 bedroom, 2 car garage an acre..for temp living..a studio apt,etc?

who goes to miller motorsports park?

just a feeler, nothing is solid..

The riding season starts up about now and runs through September. However, I ride year round. If there is no ice and snow on the roads I will ride.

Housing is, as usual, dependent on where you live in, or out of, the valley. Prices will be very good compared to the islands. I'd check the web for a better idea.

I go to Miller to watch the races. I have yet to do a track day there. There is a sportbike association, http://www.utahsba.com/, that does schools and trackdays. They also are involved in the Masters of the Mountain race series.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

tjkamper
May 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM
When I lived in SLC I rode year round just like Jeff. Of Course if it was snowing one day, I would cage it, but usually you can get a minimum of three good days a week. Just be sure to bundle up. Invest in good windproof/waterproof gear. Get some really good warm gloves and possibly install some type of grip warmers if you plan to be on the freeway, plus something to keep your chin from freezing off. THey sell gortex/neoprene stuff that works great or you can be cheap and just tie a bandana around you like in the old west movies.

Jeff is the real expert about SLC. and he has been to MSP and done some of there stuff if I remember right.

Man, I miss the Utah riders, Up here in northern Idaho, there are only about 5 sportbikes in the county it seems. Everyone is on big cruizers. Plus the snowpack made it so I couldn't ride from late November - March. Plus Utah has some of the best maintained canyon roads I have ever seen.

ungluck
May 11th, 2011, 02:05 PM
well, i have every intention of keeping of the ninja..it may have to go..but i would prefer to be riding a supermoto daily..and have a spareset of tyres for the "off season" as weather..meow..who cares...but, it's all an idea currently.

i would love to be able to do track days again, and time attacks...i miss road course time..and ****, may even get into tracking the ninja if we can keep it and ship it.

thanks guys!! much appreciated.

RLTW

-chris

alfmoonspace
June 3rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Things are getting nice around here, anyone want to ride through the canyons?

utahninja
June 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
I wish! It seems like with the nice weather comes a lot of other commitments for my time. :(

Have a good ride, and take some pictures.

JeffM
June 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hey buddy. I might be up for a ride tomorrow or Sunday. PM me with your phone# and let's talk.

Chuck, have to sneak 'em in between the honey-do's :p

Jeff

utahninja
June 3rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Chuck, have to sneak 'em in between the honey-do's :p

Jeff

There are some tricks I still need to learn.

JeffM
June 4th, 2011, 09:03 AM
There are some tricks I still need to learn.

Go early :thumbup:.

I crept out at 7:30 this morning and ran up Little Cottonwood, stopped for a cup of coffee at Einstein's, and got home before Ms. JeffM woke up :D.

Jeff

alfmoonspace
June 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Dang it, got stuck doing honey dos this weekend. How was the ride Jeff? What are your plans for next Saturday?

Chuck, hopefully you can break away and ride!

JeffM
June 6th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Dang it, got stuck doing honey dos this weekend. How was the ride Jeff? What are your plans for next Saturday?

Chuck, hopefully you can break away and ride!

The ride was nice. It is still a little chilly up at the top of you canyon. No traffic on the way up but coming down there was a ton. Must have been everyone coming to work at Snowbird/Alta. Riding on the track two weeks ago made canyon riding feel different.

Next Saturday sounds like fun. Get ahold of me via PM so I can get your phone number.

Chuck, you should come along :thumbup:

Jeff

utahninja
June 6th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Keep trying, however, this Saturday I am busy again. Have a parade in the morning and other activities during the day. I hope to break away for about an hour for a late afternoon ride.

Have fun!