View Full Version : Sold Ninja Thinking About AN FZ6R?

grn09segirl
September 16th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Sold my lil ninja last weekend and am looking to move up but no into the supersport category. I am also smoewhat short and had to lower the ninja does anyone have any experiance with the FZ6R'S?

bob706
September 16th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Not to thread jack, but what did you get for your 250?

fz6r's I think have close to the same seat height as the ninja. Dealer near me had them for under $5K and had I been in the market at the time I would have gotten one.

DAKINECHICk
September 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM
If you are short, like me, you definitely have to lower it. It is about 120 lbs heavier than the 250 and wider as well so you would want both feet flat on the ground. The way you sit on it is just like on the 250, you aren't leaned way over, you are sitting more upright. I find it's still a pretty forgiving bike to get better on but with more power. It's a real quite bike, so one thing you might want to invest in is a louder pipe. Good luck in your search!! :thumbup:

HKr1
September 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM
fz6r's I think have close to the same seat height as the ninja..

30.9 yamaha to 30.5 for the kawi.

Fz6r is a pretty sweet looking bike!

Snake
September 17th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Good luck with your bike purchase. Look forward to some pics.

pooter
September 17th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah seat width definitely plays a big factor too, can't just look at seat height alone. Also if taller boots might be an option too. Heard great things about the Daytona Lady/M-star boots but they're serious bank :( Have you considered the SV650 or Ninja 650?

grn09segirl
September 20th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah seat width definitely plays a big factor too, can't just look at seat height alone. Also if taller boots might be an option too. Heard great things about the Daytona Lady/M-star boots but they're serious bank :( Have you considered the SV650 or Ninja 650?

The couple of times I sat on the 650 while at the Kawi dealership I wasn't that crazy about it and I think the FZ6R's look better then the SV650, but I haven't made it to yamaha to sit on one yet but well see. Also the price quote for insurance is a little better on the FZ6R then the Ninja 650 even though their pretty much the same bike, but I hope to have it figured out soon missing some great ridding weather.

toast
September 21st, 2010, 02:05 PM
Sold my lil ninja last weekend and am looking to move up but no into the supersport category. I am also smoewhat short and had to lower the ninja does anyone have any experiance with the FZ6R'S?

My husband has an '09 FZ6R (which will become my bike at some point). Can't help you with the seat height because we had to lift it up to the higher position for him (and me) :D

I like riding it; it has a lot more power than the 250, but it's not intimidating like a supersport 600. It corners easily and has a nice relaxed riding position. We haven't had any trouble with it at all. It gets pretty good fuel economy.

The one downside to it is the engine gets really hot in hot weather, especially if you're stuck in traffic.

I'm not sure what kind of information you're specifically looking for, but if there's anything I can help you with just let me know!

50sGrl
September 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM
I graduated from a Ninja 250 to a new 2009 FZ6R about a month ago, and it's been a great transition. It's very comfortable, with a slightly more upright position and although it provides enough stability and punch to handle higher winds and the highway, it's not overly-powerful for a newer rider. I heartily recommend it as a next bike.

Regarding height, I'm on the shorter side so I had the back end lowered with a 1.75" link and the front lowered about 15mm so my feet are fully on the ground at a stop, and there didn't seem to be any negative effects. There's also still plenty of ground clearance to take a good curve at speed.

grn09segirl
September 24th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks for all the help, well see what happens in the next few weeks. Hoping to go bike shoping this weekend.