View Full Version : Rear Ended - Bike deem'd "Unrepairable"

binlagin
September 23rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Well bad news guys... Over two weeks ago I was rear ended while coming home after work in stop and go traffic.

The guy just totally spaced out and forgot that I was there and slammed into me at approx 25km/h while skidding for 30-40feet in the rain. He had been following me for 15mintues as i remeber merging infront of him from an adjacent street.

I got EXTREMELY lucky.. like... if any thing else was different in this accident.. my leg would have been crushed.. or I could have been run over by the other lane of traffic... as i was knocked off my bike into the right hand lane.

I was 100% unhurt.. but I could not say the same for my ninja.

I was able to ride the bike home after the incident but unfortunately when I took it for an estimate.. they said it was going to cost $4500 to repair it with OEM parts plus labor.

Needless to say... Insurance deem'd this as a "total loss".

Lets just say my settlement has left me in a GREAT place to upgrade.

Even though Fall is the nicest season to bike in... my season is OVER. With winter approaching I will be taking this money and buying a truck. I'm still not sure what bike i'll be "upgrading" too. The SV650, a supermoto or a pure dirt bike.. the choices!

Oh another FAIL of this story... is while we where waiting for the cops to show up. 3 other rear enders happened because people where looking at our accident and not the road.

I will still lurk.. as this site is totally AWESOME!

I'm going to miss my little ninjette :(

CC Cowboy
September 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
Dirt bike, you'll never get rear ended (on the bike).
SV650, fun track day bike.
Supermoto, all around fun.

00NissanNinja
September 23rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
That sucks man... Hope that next riding season you can get the bike you are looking for
I really hate looky loos they piss me off like nothing else when I am commuting. They all start driving really slow just to stare at an accident on the shoulder of the road that is none of their business, and then I have to be stuck in 15mph traffic cause they can't mind their business.

jonthechron
October 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I would personally go with the Ninja 1000 *drools*

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/data/articlestandard/dealernews/412010/689713/Ninja-1000.gif

bob706
October 15th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I was 100% unhurt.. but I could not say the same for my ninja.

Sorry to hear your bike is a loss but glad to hear you made it like you did. :thumbup:

KTRacing38
October 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
That sux! Glad to hear that you were not injured. Bikes are replaceable, people are not!

Cab305
October 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Get motarded it's the new cool thing!

Snake
October 17th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Glad to hear you are ik.

addy126
October 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Glad to hear you are ik.

ik???????:confused::drum:

FrugalNinja250
October 18th, 2010, 08:22 AM
ik???????:confused::drum:

I next to the O on the keyboard, common fat-finger trick... :)