View Full Version : Suggestion: db filtering

headshrink
September 25th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I have a suggestion regarding the jetting db, and future db(s) that may be similarly used....

If there where a way to customize individual fields to filter results so that you only saw results relevant to you, that would be super cool. In the case of the jetting db, I would like to be able to select my exact setup, and have only those with the same setup appear.

I don't know if this is even technically possible with the current software.... that part is all WAY over my head, but thought I would share the idea. I would volunteer to do some coding if I knew how ;)

Alex
September 25th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Nice idea. Unlikely to happen. :)

There are small bits of custom code here and there to make the site work a bit better, but the vast majority is vbulletin + some well-known plug-ins/add-ons like mediawiki. This suggestion would require more custom coding than I'd be game for, and even if someone else volunteered to code it I'd be concerned about keeping it updated as I push vbulletin updates out every few months... Sorry! :(

headshrink
September 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Nice idea. Unlikely to happen. :)

I didn't think so (sounded complicated to me), but thought I would share in case it was easier than I thought.

Thanks for all the work you do!