View Full Version : The Connecticut Ninja

barrypz
August 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I decided to get back into biking now that my daughter is getting ready to head off to college and I am ready to do more different things. As a commuter it excels, and the occasional 500 mile day shows that my '07 can cut the mustard, or that parts of me are to numb to feel the pain. I've put 600 miles on it in the last year, 3000 on the pick up, and that seems about right.
Barry

JCCJMM_
August 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Welcome back to riding!

Any pictures of your bike?

Alex
August 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM
What did you used to ride before you stopped for awhile? How does the ninjette compared to those bikes?

SV-Mark
August 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Where in Connecticut are you? I have In-laws there, I have been tempted to leave a ninjette in thier garage, some pretty nice roads in Litchfield county, I hate beeing bikeless when I visit there. Enjoy the ride.

barrypz
August 31st, 2008, 04:36 PM
My last ride before becoming a responsible parent was a Honda 500 4 cylinder. I put about 40,000 miles on that one, and it was my only real serious road bike, the others being small kawis and yamahas. I did 2 cross counrty runs on that bike, and it makes me want a zuki gsx. Still the Ninja, with its light weight and better compression ratio is not all that far off in power to weight ratio, and I have had no problem with 500 mile jaunts, other than the gas mileage going south with sustained highway speeds.

I added an album with some trip photos from my Labor Day 450 mile run from eastern CT to NY state.

Alex
September 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
Haven't done a cross-country trip yet, but definitely need to cross it off the list. I have the same experience with gas mileage on the Ninjette; the advertised capabilities don't seem to match up with my experiences when flogging it freeway speeds for long...