View Full Version : Out for good

tinng321
October 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Hi guys. Just wanted to say hi and be careful out there. I went down last month, hit a pole and damaged my spinal cord. T2 and T3. Now I can't feel anything from my nipples down. I was in the hospital for 4 weeks. I am currently at Kessler rehab center. Please be careful and be safe.

RedCromwell
October 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Sorry, I'm still a noob to this forum and you don't know me. But, I sincerely want to say I'm sorry to hear about your crash.

I do hope you recover and wish you the best.

DaBlue1
October 3rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Get Well Soon. It's always sad to hear when another rider goes down.

Flashmonkey
October 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Tin. I hope you can make a full recovery. :(

ally99
October 3rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
OMG, that's awful man. I'm so sorry. :-( Is there hope that you will get your feeling back? Thanks for keeping us updated.

petiteninja
October 3rd, 2010, 04:49 PM
i'm really sorry to hear about your crash. are you on the path to a full recovery?

00NissanNinja
October 3rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Sorry to hear that:(. I hope you can make a full recovery with time.

Alex
October 3rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Very sorry to hear about this, Tin!

highpsiguy
October 3rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
That is truly terrible. Please keep us posted on your recovery.

Alex
October 3rd, 2010, 06:18 PM
/moved to General, so more folks might see the thread.

Rosie
October 3rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
I'm so sorry Tin :( I really do hope you'll be able to get the feeling back.

50sGrl
October 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your crash outcome. I realize the last thing you might want to do is talk about the accident, especially since I recently crashed and totaled my FZ6R and I was annoyed by everybody asking me how it happened. But I suppose I do agree with their reasoning that if you remember and pass on any of the details, it might help some other riders avoid a similar situation by knowing more about how the accident came about.

You have my sincere wishes for the best sort of recovery possible.

edbro
October 3rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear about a fellow Jersey guy go down.

Hope you make a full recovery, stay positive!

lockie
October 3rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hey guy.... So sorry to hear of the accident. Good you can talk to us about it. Hang in there.

BIGT94z
October 3rd, 2010, 07:34 PM
aw man that's horrible :( i hope u can regain your feeling. i wish u luck and a speedy full recovery

Sound Wave
October 3rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
sorry to hear about that. hope you are able to make a full recovery.

scotty
October 3rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
i am sorry to hear that. i hope you make a full recovery. keep us posted on how your doing! :(

TrueFaith
October 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
Best wishes, man.
I've been reading about riders going down all summer, but in the few years I've been here and on KawiForum, nothing sucks worse than seeing someone who's posts you've read and responded to and who would pop in and out of the forums all the time suddenly post something like this.
I still remember when DNAlor (Roland) went down a couple of years ago on his white '08 and it's never far from my mind. And I've read too many posts like this since. :sad:

tinng321
October 3rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks all for all the support. I don't remember how I crashed. My bro told me I hit a pole and went down a ditch. He says that there were several people who went down earlier that day at the same location but they all missed the pole.
All I remember was after the impact I was out and when I woke up I kept calling for help. I road was small and deserted. A while later there was a lady bicycling with her husband passed by and heard me. They didn't have their cellphone so she when to a near by house to use the phone.
The sugery report says that I damaged my t2 and t3 but maybe transacted. The surgeon talked to five of my family members. 3 heard 3/4 cut while 2 heard complete. They were tired from waiting for the sugery. I also fractured my ribs and collar bones. Had surgery on my shoulder several days ago. My dr at rehab says I'm complete. I know I will walk again. No doubt. I will walk again.

Blackwidow
October 4th, 2010, 07:26 AM
OMG! I was wondering where you were, haven't seen you on here for a while. I'm so sorry about your incident but i'm so glad you're ok, Tin! Stay positive and be patient throughout your recovery. Keep us updated.

lux
October 4th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Very sorry to hear you were hurt. Hope you have a full recovery, and I'll say a prayer for you.

backinthesaddleagain
October 4th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Man, very sorry to hear. Keep a positive mental attitude and work with the therapists.

austexjg
October 4th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident - stay strong and keep positive. We are all pulling for you to make a full and complete recovery.

bob706
October 4th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out for you. Hope you make a full and speedy revovery :thumbup:

Sailariel
October 4th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks all for all the support. I don't remember how I crashed. My bro told me I hit a pole and went down a ditch. He says that there were several people who went down earlier that day at the same location but they all missed the pole.
All I remember was after the impact I was out and when I woke up I kept calling for help. I road was small and deserted. A while later there was a lady bicycling with her husband passed by and heard me. They didn't have their cellphone so she when to a near by house to use the phone.
The sugery report says that I damaged my t2 and t3 but maybe transacted. The surgeon talked to five of my family members. 3 heard 3/4 cut while 2 heard complete. They were tired from waiting for the sugery. I also fractured my ribs and collar bones. Had surgery on my shoulder several days ago. My dr at rehab says I'm complete. I know I will walk again. No doubt. I will walk again.

Tin, You will walk again because you decided that you will. The mind is powerful. I am really sorry about your crash and will certainly keep you in my prayers. An aside: I have a friend who had a spinal injury. In addition to rehab, he was advised to take Alpha Lipoic Acid (Found in the Vitamin Section in a health food store.) His Neurologist at the VA Hospital made that recommendation. His outcome was very positive. Keep telling yourself that you don't have time for this and that you have things to do. Best Wishes, Alex.

addy126
October 4th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Work hard and work thru it, some days will get u down (your entitled) but then push thru and move forward... I know its easy to say, but your personal will can move mountains.. keep positive and we'll see you up and about in time:thumbup:

jApOrMs
October 4th, 2010, 10:11 AM
glad to hear that you will walk again.

GeneJunkie
October 4th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Tin, You will walk again because you decided that you will. The mind is powerful.

Exactly. I hope you have a speedy recovery and you will be in my prayers.

jcgirl
October 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
So sorry to hear about your accident. I'm rooting for you. We're all cheering you on.

Indy250r
October 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your crash. Here's hoping for a complete recovery.

Sailariel
October 4th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Tin, Six years ago I had cancer. I decided I didn't have time for cancer--still don't. Been in remission six years. You can do it. Just keep saying that you don't have time for that s*** and give them hell in OT and PT---work till it hurts. And STAY on this forum---we are here for you.

Blackwidow
October 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Six years ago I had cancer. I decided I didn't have time for cancer--still don't.

you're my hero!!!! i love your determination! it rocks!

tjkamper
October 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm saddened to hear about your injury. I hope you can make a full recovery.

rockNroll
October 4th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Dam sorry to hear this, dude. a prayer out to you for a full recovery!

ally99
October 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Tin, Six years ago I had cancer. I decided I didn't have time for cancer--still don't. Been in remission six years. You can do it. Just keep saying that you don't have time for that s*** and give them hell in OT and PT---work till it hurts. And STAY on this forum---we are here for you.

NICE! Love this kind of motivating talk! :clapping:

Ryosen11
October 4th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your accident...
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sailariel
October 4th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Allyson, We Ninjettes are a family. When one hurts--we all hurt. We always support each other. It's always been that way. Makes us different.

TrueFader
October 4th, 2010, 04:33 PM
sorry to hear about your crash and the situation it has put you in, just curious about what gear you were wearing and if a back protector might have helped

ally99
October 4th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Allyson, We Ninjettes are a family. When one hurts--we all hurt. We always support each other. It's always been that way. Makes us different.

Completely agree! And that's why so many keep coming back. :)

Rosie
October 4th, 2010, 08:00 PM

Very true :clapping:

00NissanNinja
October 4th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Its good that you are keeping your head up and looking toward getting on your feet again and soon you will. Keep us posted, I want to hear you get better!

randomwalk101
October 4th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Speedy recovery Tin. Stay positive. You'll pull through this.

zartan
October 4th, 2010, 11:30 PM
OH Damnit!!
So glad you are here and able to tell us so we can send strength and goodness your way. I am so sorry to hear of your accident.

CZroe
October 5th, 2010, 12:37 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. Get better soon!

May I ask how many miles of experience you had when this happened?

Rollin..
October 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM
sad to hear a fellow nj rider get injured...hoping for your full recovery..have faith and be positive...

KJohnson21
October 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Wow!! Sorry to hear about your accident.

We're all here for you, just let us know.

Grn99Kawi
October 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
holy chit bro... so sorry to read this... stay positive.. you definitely will walk again soon... your friends and family are there.. that's what you need now..

Adam

JeffM
October 5th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Tin, please keep us updated on how you are progressing. My sincerest wishes for a complete recovery.

Jeff

zartan
October 6th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Tin, Maybe we can have Alex edit this post title to " out for a while" just to push some good energy your way!!

Eva689
October 6th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I know I'm new here, but I just wanted to add my sympathies. I came off for the first time less than a month ago and I'm still scared to ride full tilt through the corners now. You are awe inspiring. Keep us all posted on your progress.

spooph
October 6th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Best wishes towards a speedy recovery. Give the gremlins hell!

ninjabrewer
October 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
OMG, get well soon, sorry to hear about your accident and the forum is here for you if you need us.

nb

Sailariel
October 10th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Tin, Maybe we can have Alex edit this post title to " out for a while" just to push some good energy your way!!

Zartan, Great idea! Damn, You are sharp, woman. Will just add Tin to the prayer list with Jon Broom and Becky. Maybe even have a Biker Down--send good vibes list. I know that those three got the prayers of a pretty good sized congregation today--happens every week, since I never miss church on Sunday. Seems to be working so far. Becky sure has done well. Everytime I see those pictures of her bike, I cannot believe that someone could have lived through such a crash. I sense that God has some plans for her. Zartan, I know that God had some plan for me. I was passed over for dead by the Viet Cong after I took 5 AK-47 Rounds in the gut. Nobody in our evacuation chain had any hopes that I would live--Well, I now get to pray for Becky, Jon, and Tin. I also got to rescue a Soup Kitchen that got de-funded. We are thriving and will expand to also become a homeless shelter. I am still totally overwhelmed that our team was able to raise 55K in ten weeks. Just another example--you got to have faith. Becky, I don't worry so much about--will probably have some depression issues--very treatable. Jon and Tin have spinal issues--that's going to take some intensive prayer. We can do it.

zartan
October 11th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Sailariel, you have seen first hand the power of collective thoughts and prayers. Let's all continue to send good to all our guy/gals going thorough injuries.
Anyone have an update on Tin?

BlueRaven
October 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I am really happy to hear a good prognosis for you tin. Hang in there and kick ass in your recovery. We are here for you. Realizing this happened over a week ago is a sign i need to slow down spend more time to find out what my ninjette family is doing.

Sailariel you never cease to amaze me. I wish you continued success in your soup kitchen and soon to be homeless shelter. I sometimes wish i lived there so i could help you all in realizing your vision. You all keep up the good work!

Sailariel
October 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM
We are not talking Rocket Science here. All you need is faith. Turn the problem over to the Almighty and pray--nothing formal. Just keep the people you want the Almighty to touch in your mind. The rest just happens. Becky, Jon, and Tin--I'm thinking about you.

demp
October 13th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Sorry to hear that Tin, glad you've got the right mindset though! You will walk again!

My question is: what gear were you wearing?

kamikaze
October 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I haven't been here long and don't really know you, but get well soon, and don't give up.

TenaciousD
October 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Tin,
Don't despair! They are making great strides these days with stem cell research and are getting close to being able to regenerate spinal cells. Also, technology is providing spinal cord patients with capabilities that weren't even imagined a few years ago. There is plenty of reason for you to be optimistic.

austexjg
October 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Just saw a news story about a stem cell clinical research program that was just started. The finds from the "mice trial" was very promising. I know they were interested in patients that have been hurt recently - the sooner the stem cell therapy started, the better the outcome.

Here is a part of the written story:

Though the trial, run by Geron Corp. of Menlo Park, Calif., is in its earliest stages — aimed primarily at testing the treatment for safety — the event stands as a landmark one for embryonic stem cell researchers, who for years have studied the cells' potential to treat spinal cord injuries, diabetes and a variety of neurodegenerative diseases.

In addition to the Shepherd Center, Northwestern University near Chicago has been announced as a site for this phase of the trial, and up to seven centers ultimately may be involved. The trial will last for two years after the last of the patients is enrolled.

Sailariel
October 14th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Austexjg, That makes a lot of sense. Recent injuries are by far most responsive to treatment in all injuries.

tinng321
January 6th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I'm back!!
I finally came home last Thursday after a month in the hospital, 23 days in rehab, over a month in the nursing home and 19 more days in rehab. There were many battles with my health insurance. I am proud to say that now I can fully dress myself, get in and out of bed and do more than I expected. Adjusting to the new life style is not so easy. At night, I have to get up every 2 hr to turn myself and cat myself every 4 hr. My brother is extending the house so I could have my own bedroom and bathroom plus an elevator. For now, he has to carry me in and out of the bath tub; up and down the stair.
Although, I can transfer myself from wheelchair to bed and vice versa, I am still weak to be fully independent. I still have outpatient therapy 3 times a week. Hopefully by this summer I will be able to get myself into a car and start to drive..
I have 2 items to give away. Check out the ads section..
Miss you all,
Tin

Alex
January 6th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Tin, very happy to see that you're working your way through this, and it sounds like you have a wonderful support system. :thumbup:

JeffM
January 7th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Welcome back Tin. Ya know, you also have a good support system here too. :thumbup:

Jeff

Nemesis
January 7th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Don't know how I missed this but I'm sorry for your accident but am glad you're recovering fast. Remember, if you are wlling God is willing. Prayers for strength and faith sent your way.

Below post got me teary-eyed. There's truly nothing like love from your family. Family who will do anything for their loved ones. Posts like these makes me realize just how good I have it and how much my family has supported me when I was bed ridden for months recovering from my injuries. I'm happy you have a family like that, and I can feel it from reading your posts.

God speed, bro.

I'm back!!
I finally came home last Thursday after a month in the hospital, 23 days in rehab, over a month in the nursing home and 19 more days in rehab. There were many battles with my health insurance. I am proud to say that now I can fully dress myself, get in and out of bed and do more than I expected. Adjusting to the new life style is not so easy. At night, I have to get up every 2 hr to turn myself and cat myself every 4 hr. My brother is extending the house so I could have my own bedroom and bathroom plus an elevator. For now, he has to carry me in and out of the bath tub; up and down the stair.
Although, I can transfer myself from wheelchair to bed and vice versa, I am still weak to be fully independent. I still have outpatient therapy 3 times a week. Hopefully by this summer I will be able to get myself into a car and start to drive..
I have 2 items to give away. Check out the ads section..
Miss you all,
Tin

mikedabike64
January 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I remember when joey dunlop past away he was riding a 125cc at the time.
It was then I realized any displacement 125 250 600 1000 can be dangerous.
I think sometimes the little bikes are viewed a safer because they are smaller. In reality that is not the case. I familier with kessler and my dad spent some time their long ago. I wish you a fast recovery. God Bless.

scotty
January 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Tin, i'm glad to see you made it back home! It sounds as your comming along very well! You have a wonderful family!! Keep up the progress!!!

Flashmonkey
January 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Welcome back Tin. I hope your progression continues to be positive!

austexjg
January 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM
:happy100:

greg737
January 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Good to hear from you again.

Ytse Frobozz
January 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I haven't been on the forum for a while. It feels bad to come back and the first thing I read about is a serious injury. :/ Very glad to know you're still with us and getting better. I'm wishing for a speedy recovery for you!

blade
January 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM
sorry to hear about ur accident ,i hope u have a speedy recovery , and stay positive :thumbup:

backinthesaddleagain
January 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hang in there and stay positive.

KJohnson21
January 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the update. It's good to hear from you.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=2899

8gauge
January 7th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Tin, I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I know spinal problems aren't something to take lightly. I have a very slight scoliosis, and sometimes I can blow out my back just trying to brush my damn teeth.

BUT, from the looks of the progress you're making you should be at 100% before you know it! :)

chokne
January 7th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hey Tin, great to hear from you. I wish you a speedy recovery. You're an embodiment of strength and determination my man!

tiburonsita
January 7th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I just found this thread and really sad to read your first couple of posts. I'm happy to read your latest update though! You are on your way to recovery, Tin and that's fantastic. Stay positive, determine and keep faith. All the best to you.

00NissanNinja
January 7th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Great to hear you are getting better:thumbup:, keep it up and god bless!

zartan
January 9th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Thank you for the update and welcome back!

supermanzdead
January 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM
You probably don't know me, but I am wishing you the best!!

I hope you are off to a speedy recovery!

Sailariel
January 9th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Still got you guys on my prayer list. Glad you are making a turnaround and are home--hospitals are no fun. Last report, Jon is improving, as is Becky. Stay with the PT even if it hurts

ally99
January 11th, 2011, 05:11 PM
So glad you're hanging in there!

DBentley415
January 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Stay Strong Tin!!!

A young man in my hometown got in an accident on his motorcycle last summer not wearing a helmet....could barely talk or walk.....now he's out and about and driving again.....doctor's can do amazing things these days!!

Here's an article about him: Hope it inspires you :D
http://www.chiltontimesjournal.com/news/19-main-news/1798-lifes-a-peach-for-robbie-seipel-and-family.html

Rosie
January 11th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Good to hear from you again!
Stay strong and keep fighting. You'll win this!! :thumbup:

Nickds7
January 13th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Wow sorry to hear that man. Sounds like your recovering though. Stay strong.

Alex
August 7th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hi Tin! Was thinking about you yesterday. How's the recovery coming along?

noche_caliente
August 7th, 2011, 09:50 AM
:whathesaid:

kaiserz
August 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I know you're gonna win this battle and I know a lot of people are praying for you, and this is gonna be reminder for me to not be aggressive and to always be extra careful out there, I'm also wondering were you wearing any back protector that day?

jamesio
August 7th, 2011, 05:50 PM
It's good to see that you are improving. Science and medicine gave you the chance to get your life back, now it's all you! Good luck man - you can do this!

...Don't forget about the will of the mind and even more so, the man up stairs. Walking again after an injury like that is truly a miracle. :)

planet-beaver
October 18th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Out of all the post on this forum, this is the one that has made me a different rider. Every morning when I jump on the bike I think of what happened to Tin. Never met him or wasn't even on the forum when the accident happened, but can't stop thinking about it. Specially now that is dark in the morning on my commute going through the woods loaded with deer, trees and power poles. I use to ride it previous years in the dark well over 50mph. Now I go 35 and pull over to let the cars go by. All because of what happened to Tin.

So Tin, how are you?

Yasko
October 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM
God Bless You.