View Full Version : WERA GNF at Road Atlanta crash

ztrack157
October 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
12 bikes and several 250's have crashed during lap 2 of the WERA GNF at Road Atlanta. Three Sportisimoto racers were involved. Chris Spencer a championship contender has been life flighted and is in serious condition. The race has been postponed until the end of the day. There was oil on the track.:( When I get more info I will post it up.

TrueFader
October 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
holy crap did oil wash out everyone?

bob706
October 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hope he is alright

propdriver
October 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I was at the track today, didn't see the crash, it was in the turn 6-7 area. The Lifeflight chopper was on the ground about 15 min. after the crash, impressive response time. Hope he is OK.

ztrack157
October 8th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I just found out about 15 minutes ago Chris did not survive from the injuries sustained in the crash. He was an awesome guy and I will miss supporting him. My prayers go out to his wife Linda, daughter Julie, and son Jaime.

The worst part of the story is his 18 year old son Jaime, who had a real good chance of winning was also involved in the wreck.

ally99
October 8th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Dayum. Freakin' sux. :-(

Rexbo
October 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Jesus... terrible to hear... condolences to the family :(

how the heck did 12 racers pile in the same corner? did the leader puke oil in the braking zone?

Cab305
October 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Wow, so sad.... RIP Condolences to his family, hope his son will be ok.

ithaca00
October 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM
RIP. That is terrible news.

tiggen
October 9th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Prayers sent to Jamie and his family.

randomwalk101
October 9th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Rip :(

austexjg
October 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM
My prayers to out to the family and fellow racers.:pray:

ztrack157
October 9th, 2010, 05:49 PM
One of the riders on the WERA board posted this up and it just about sums it up:

Being on two wheels—whether racing, doing a track day, or riding on the road—brings us closer to that beautiful existence called a Life Worth Living, a life spent always looking ahead with great focus. When one of our two-wheeled family closes his or her eyes for the last time and is no longer able to look further through the corners, that moment moves us to sharpen our own sight, to force our gaze beyond the next corner to an even further apex, to stretch our vision and our souls into that which is not clear, not comfortable. It is our sport, our passion, our way of life.

Now is the time to lower our eyes, to look back and reflect on what has been. We do so with deep respect and intense love for those who have shared our way of life and our way of living that life. But we will also lift our eyes again. Some will be dulled with questions, some moist still with tears; but all will soon sharpen and clear because we, each of us riders, will need to be keen, to be quick as we again push ourselves to be far-reaching in our lives, to pick up that ever-elusive perfect line that will lead us more deeply and steadily through our existence.

ally99
October 10th, 2010, 05:05 AM
That was BEAUTIFUL, Matt! Thanks for finding that and sharing it!

illrational
October 10th, 2010, 04:46 PM
One of the riders on the WERA board posted this up and it just about sums it up:

Being on two wheels—whether racing, doing a track day, or riding on the road—brings us closer to that beautiful existence called a Life Worth Living, a life spent always looking ahead with great focus. When one of our two-wheeled family closes his or her eyes for the last time and is no longer able to look further through the corners, that moment moves us to sharpen our own sight, to force our gaze beyond the next corner to an even further apex, to stretch our vision and our souls into that which is not clear, not comfortable. It is our sport, our passion, our way of life.

Now is the time to lower our eyes, to look back and reflect on what has been. We do so with deep respect and intense love for those who have shared our way of life and our way of living that life. But we will also lift our eyes again. Some will be dulled with questions, some moist still with tears; but all will soon sharpen and clear because we, each of us riders, will need to be keen, to be quick as we again push ourselves to be far-reaching in our lives, to pick up that ever-elusive perfect line that will lead us more deeply and steadily through our existence.

Amen...RIP!!!