View Full Version : Sport Rider Magazine Special Riding Skills Issue.

JeffM
October 14th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Sport Rider Magazine has a special riding skills edition at newsstand now. It looks like it covers all the published Riding Skills Series from the magazine in one issue.

backinthesaddleagain
October 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM
cool will check it out

BobsPT
October 14th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Had read about it but couldn't find it in B&N or Borders as of last week.

addy126
October 14th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I picked that edition up last week at Borders. The articles are well photographed and well written. I put some of the pointers in my riding and heck it all worked! Its one of the better Special Editions I've seen and can apply to any style of motorbike... I loved it:thumbup: It says sumthin when you don't skip one article in the book.... and take it all in.

backinthesaddleagain
October 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I picked that edition up last week at Borders. The articles are well photographed and well written. I put some of the pointers in my riding and heck it all worked! Its one of the better Special Editions I've seen and can apply to any style of motorbike... I loved it:thumbup: It says sumthin when you don't skip one article in the book.... and take it all in.

Does it feature the rider in the thong?

BobsPT
October 16th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Still haven't been able to find this yet :(

addy126
October 16th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Does it feature the rider in the thong?

Uhhhhh no Greg, oddly enuff I didn't notice even it did. I was only interested in the articles... isn't that how it goes???? ;)

addy126
October 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Still haven't been able to find this yet :(

Bob I found my copy at Borders stacked right beside the regular monthly edition. Thought it might have been a back issue, but looked closer and it wasn't. Just about passed it up.

setasai
October 17th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Same here. Found it at Borders. I must say, for a new rider like myself, it is a great read and an even better reference. I haven't even finished it and I've already learned atleast 4x as much as I knew before despite having gone through the MSF course.

Miss Daisy
October 17th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Sport Rider Magazine has a special riding skills edition at newsstand now. It looks like it covers all the published Riding Skills Series from the magazine in one issue.

Does anyone know if you can get this issue in the UK? :)

Snake
October 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I am going near the Books A Million today so I will have to pick it up. Thanks for the write-up Jeff.

oldhongda
October 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM
They have several articles on their website, are they similar to the ones in the print version?

http://www.sportrider.com/motorcycle_riding/techniques/index.html

CZroe
November 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I hate it when magazines do this without servicing their subscribers. :(
Newsstand price for anything you read regularly is just stupid. Why can't subscribers get a bonus issue every once and a while as an incentive to subscribe?!