View Full Version : How Can I Get Into Racing

Ninja250under
October 27th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Hey guys Im kindof new to racing actually never even raced but I want to know how to get into it. I want to know everything about it and I'm only 15 soo I'm not sure if I even can race

ztrack157
October 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Your old enough to race. You need to look at the wera schedule and go to the little tally race and meet some of my gys to get the skinny in the SE.

ithaca00
October 28th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Have you ridden on the track yet?

If you haven't then there are novice courses available where an instructor will help you out and get you comfortable on the track. If you have, you need to take a New Racer School (this is NOT the same as a Novice class) and they'll get you started in racing.

Racer x
October 28th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Check out land speed racing or Drag racing. It is more about the bike/car than the road racing which is all about your personal skill as a rider.But it is fun . and pretty safe. You don't fall down much .So you don't hurt or bust up the bike . You do tend to brake engine stuff. So it aint cheep.

At 15 you should be looking for school class stuff like MATH ( they put men on the moon with math ) Get part time work in service stations to get practical hands on experience. Racing combines everything. It will give you focus and a reason to learn new stuff. O and chicks dig motorcycle racers

Ninja250under
October 28th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Ok thanks guy but I was wondering do you break bones a lot I always see them fall get up like nothing happened but in motocross fall and lay there.

sharky nrk
October 28th, 2010, 06:49 AM
You can get hurt racing a motorcycle, die even, and you need to know and understand that before you get into it. Everything has a risk involved. Proper gear, training, exercise, and experience midigate that risk to some degree but the risk will always be there.

almost40
October 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Talk to your parents

Raybot
October 28th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm getting interested in racing aswell, and I was wondering where I could get more information on these novice courses?

ithaca00
October 29th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Look into your local tracktime providers. A quick google search should get you going or you can ask at your local bike shop. There is a big difference between just doing trackdays and racing. Don't jump into racing too quick or you'll be in for a world of shock.

almost40
October 29th, 2010, 07:03 AM
If your interested, I would suggest TRACKDAYS, lots of them. sportbiketracktime.com Is the org I do my trackdays with. They offer a credited Pro school which will get you a racing licence.

almost40
October 29th, 2010, 07:05 AM
look into your local tracktime providers. A quick google search should get you going or you can ask at your local bike shop. There is a big difference between just doing trackdays and racing. Don't jump into racing too quick or you'll be in for a world of shock.

oh so true.

Rexbo
October 29th, 2010, 08:29 PM
oh so true.

Fun = challenge that offers the real danger of personal injury!

JS73
October 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Your old enough to race. You need to look at the wera schedule and go to the little tally race and meet some of my gys to get the skinny in the SE.
Hey Matt, Speaking of WERA SE. I just did my first race a month ago at JGP, but this was the last one of the season for the SE.

I'm thinking of doing as many as I can next season. Have interest in your BRT-TIS unit. Would greatly appreciate your help with this, you know, tuning recommendations etc. I'll send you a PM with more info.
Thanks.

PS- not meant to hijack the thread.