View Full Version : fast motorcycle canyon ride!!!...

gitoy
November 2nd, 2010, 01:19 AM
guys and gals i took this ride almost 2 years ago on the ninja 250 and decided to share it for those times when we can't ride or just too lazy to actually ride...:D

i know what you are thinking...no we are not going at twice the speed limit...i speeded it up and made it more exciting and exhilirating...

yeah, we did not stop at that 2 way stop in the middle of nowhere, nobody does...the camera angle does not show that everybody can see it is clear all the way through...so bite me!...

ride your own ride...now let's go!!!...

GH369eOGU74

spooph
November 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM
awesome! I want to ride that road...

gitoy
November 2nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
spooph...come by and i will show you around the twisties and canyons of southern cal...you can ride the zzr600 and i will take the 250...

00NissanNinja
November 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Man that is one curvy road, that would definitely be a place where a 250 would show its sporting potential

Alex
November 3rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Where is that, Latigo?

gitoy
November 3rd, 2010, 02:36 AM
alex, you know your southern california roads...that is exactly right...

i also have the video on the way back...maybe one of these days i will post it with different music if youtube will allow me...

spooph
November 3rd, 2010, 06:58 AM
gitoy, summer 2011, I should be able to ride out... It's only 18hrs or so. 2 days there to be safe, 2 days back, gives us 3 days to play.....

gitoy
November 3rd, 2010, 09:40 AM
okay then spooph...

this weekend we have a group ride in san gabriel mountains and i will duct tape my ghetto camera mount to video the ride...anybody want to come?...

bob706
November 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Great video :thumbup: I would kill for roads like that in FL

Havok
November 4th, 2010, 10:39 AM
So how fast were you going? What was the speed you took those at? I'll be on ACH this Saturday looks to be a beautiful weekend.

gitoy
November 4th, 2010, 04:27 PM
hey havok!!...

anywhere between 40 to 60 mph...3rd & 4th gear...

so is ach open now via flintridge?...all the way to wrightwood?...

Havok
November 4th, 2010, 06:04 PM
hey havok!!...

anywhere between 40 to 60 mph...3rd & 4th gear...

so is ach open now via flintridge?...all the way to wrightwood?...

No you have to go up from sunland. Big t to Angeles forest to ACH. From there you can go all the way up to wrightwood. Big t s a good ride nice sweepers up with some straights.

spooph
November 4th, 2010, 09:00 PM
gitoy, sweet! Have you looked at the key-fob cams? Not bad for >$15 off ebay...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=808++video+camera&_sacat=0&_odkw=808+keyfob+video+camera&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Mo info: http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Alex
November 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
alex, you know your southern california roads...that is exactly right...

I was on it just a few weeks back. Great road! It's funny, actually. You know how a little chocolate is good, a lot of chocolate is great, but a whole pile of chocolate is just too much? Latigo is almost like that for me. :) I was on the RT and not the ninjette, and after whipping the bike back and forth and back and forth at full lean over and over and over again, it's almost a relief when you make it all the way to the top. :p I wish I had the little bike (or a motard) for that road.

gitoy
November 4th, 2010, 11:38 PM
spooph...for $15 i'll get 5 of those for different apps...i am sure i can use them for something...what i really want is a hd camera like a gopro...

alex, when are you coming down again?...riding season never ends...it was almost too hot to ride today...

everytime i see your avatar i imagine your kid filling out your helmet...LOL...that cute little booger will be riding in no time...

Havok
November 5th, 2010, 07:20 AM
spooph...for $15 i'll get 5 of those for different apps...i am sure i can use them for something...what i really want is a hd camera like a gopro...

alex, when are you coming down again?...riding season never ends...it was almost too hot to ride today...

everytime i see your avatar i imagine your kid filling out your helmet...LOL...that cute little booger will be riding in no time...

He was sneaky last time he came down! Hell I was on ach at the same time he was and didn't know till after lol.