View Full Version : Silly Drops caught on tape!

hoodadooda
November 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
This one is my personal favorite, just like how she pulls up and *plop*. BEST WAY TO PARK! :thumbup:

aFmqqO_j9yI

Or this one, the best friends in the world always laugh at you. :p

779gjqwLOAo

Just reminds me of how ridiculous my first drop was... involved a curb of all things, they don't move! How did I hit it?!?!?
wish it was on video...

bob706
November 9th, 2010, 01:32 PM
The second one was funny as hell! :thumbup:

blade
November 9th, 2010, 01:39 PM
as far as the 2nd one goes , he put it in gear without pulling in the clutch thats y , just a rookie mistake

Snake
November 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM
With friends like that you don't need any enemies.

JeffM
November 9th, 2010, 07:13 PM
:D:thumbup: #2 is so funny. You can just tell they are best buds.

hoodadooda
November 9th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Those two videos make me really wish I took more pics/ videos of myself starting out... half for reflection and half for just laughing at how "new" I was. :)

Oh, btw, I'm on youtube as TheHoodadooda if anyone wants to befriend me. :3

Bleak21
November 10th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Ditto.

Watching these makes me wish I took videos of when I started out. I had such a difficult time with the clutch+shifting people at MSF thought I was genuinely retarded. Now it just flows sooo smmmoooootthhh I think I have to try to be as bad again. But hey at least these guys are having a good time, learning on something that won't kill them or their wallets.

Flow
November 10th, 2010, 11:14 PM
But hey at least these guys are having a good time, learning on something that won't kill them or their wallets.

That's a 500R.

Godzilla35
November 11th, 2010, 11:23 PM
here's one, not the best footage, but was awesome because it happened in FRONT of me at an AL & ED's while I was getting my car worked on and I am good friends with the owner so he saw it happen too. Later, we were talking about it and he and I realized he had a security camera! So he sent me the video... haha... story is on the youtube but basically it was a squid on a cbr600rr he bought... rode down the street and it died right in front of the store. I tried to help him by telling him how to push start it... but he wouldn't listen when I offered my help (this is LONG time ago before I even got my license).. I just know how to push start bikes.

Funny thing is his girlfriend watched the whole thing happened and rolled her eyes when he started crying on the floor. At least he was fully geared up with full blacked out A-star racing suit, arai lid and a-star gp techs... good choice on bike and gear... but not so good choice of bike for a newb...

gCxGCfGZJoY

sorry, not the best footage again... but it's great we got to capture the moment at all...

00NissanNinja
November 12th, 2010, 05:11 PM
:rotflmao:
What the heck was that guy thinking in vid 3 lmao

Godzilla35
November 12th, 2010, 05:59 PM
:rotflmao:
What the heck was that guy thinking in vid 3 lmao

I have noooo idea... He was a tall dude and fully geared up so I just focused on my brand new GT-R getting worked on. OBVIOUSLY of bigger concern when it's the FIRST one the shop ever worked on haha.

onetruevibe
November 12th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I tried to help him by telling him how to push start it...

Looks like it worked...maybe a little too well! LOL.

Godzilla35
November 12th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Looks like it worked...maybe a little too well! LOL.

Well at this point last year, I was really missing having a bike... and this guy left his keys IN his bike and i'm pretty sure it wasn't registered yet, because he just picked it up~ soooo I had some evil thoughts hahaha.

hoodadooda
November 12th, 2010, 08:26 PM
To be honest, I've yet to run into a situation where I would need to pop the clutch on my bike to start it. I'd be to afraid of dropping my bike over something like that, so if I didn't have a friend to help push me or a hill to roll down, my bike would sit there until I get a battery or I'd get it towed. :)

Godzilla35
November 12th, 2010, 10:03 PM
To be honest, I've yet to run into a situation where I would need to pop the clutch on my bike to start it. I'd be to afraid of dropping my bike over something like that, so if I didn't have a friend to help push me or a hill to roll down, my bike would sit there until I get a battery or I'd get it towed. :)

I feel you... but you're supposed to do it in 2nd... and grab the clutch as soon as she fires up again. But the only reason I had to do this is because I had a cbr 600 F2 that I had to do this with because she had battery / carb issues.

hoodadooda
November 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I feel you... but you're supposed to do it in 2nd... and grab the clutch as soon as she fires up again. But the only reason I had to do this is because I had a cbr 600 F2 that I had to do this with because she had battery / carb issues.

So it's not as bad as that video makes it out to be? lol

Godzilla35
November 12th, 2010, 11:51 PM
So it's not as bad as that video makes it out to be? lol

hahaha naww... just watch a youtube video or two to know it for emergencies.

so far with the ninja, i don't see it as a problem... it's not as annoying as my old bike the cbr600 f2.

ally99
November 13th, 2010, 04:17 PM
LOL! The 2nd one was hilarious! Poor guy! lol! Thanks for posting these!

Rayme
November 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM
LOL all hilarious...all bike drops are funny..unless done intentionnaly :P

00NissanNinja
November 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I have noooo idea... He was a tall dude and fully geared up so I just focused on my brand new GT-R getting worked on. OBVIOUSLY of bigger concern when it's the FIRST one the shop ever worked on haha.

GT-R? The Nissan GT-R???!!!!!!!!! You are going to bring that to my house to drive immediately sir. That is hands down my favorite car

CZroe
November 14th, 2010, 12:38 PM

:confused: Why do you need a friend? I actually don't even see how they can help unless you needed a push uphill or something. Just sit on the bike and walk it to the closest hill, dip, or slight grade in neutral (don't just hold the clutch), make sure the ignition and kill switch are on, then coast down and then shift into first. Try to let it go early so you can ride your momentum in gear for a bit if needed then give it gas to drive off. Make sure you have the choke engaged if you plan on pulling in the clutch immediately. It's probably a good idea to use it regardless if you don't wanna push it back uphill for a second shot. The mistake in the video was from not sitting on the bike.

Why second? It may be easier to turn but it's more likely to die on you right away and the extra turns in 1st are more likely to fire when you have limited distance or speed.

hoodadooda
November 15th, 2010, 01:29 AM
:confused: Why do you need a friend?

Because I'm so lonely. ;_;

Godzilla35
November 15th, 2010, 02:39 AM
GT-R? The Nissan GT-R???!!!!!!!!! You are going to bring that to my house to drive immediately sir. That is hands down my favorite car

haha... same here! how do you think i felt getting my dream car at age 23 haha. I try not to show off though so a lot of people are shocked when I roll up in that.

Godzilla35
November 15th, 2010, 02:42 AM
:confused: Why do you need a friend? I actually don't even see how they can help unless you needed a push uphill or something. Just sit on the bike and walk it to the closest hill, dip, or slight grade in neutral (don't just hold the clutch), make sure the ignition and kill switch are on, then coast down and then shift into first. Try to let it go early so you can ride your momentum in gear for a bit if needed then give it gas to drive off. Make sure you have the choke engaged if you plan on pulling in the clutch immediately. It's probably a good idea to use it regardless if you don't wanna push it back uphill for a second shot. The mistake in the video was from not sitting on the bike.

Why second? It may be easier to turn but it's more likely to die on you right away and the extra turns in 1st are more likely to fire when you have limited distance or speed.

Yeah of course 1st is better and more likely to start it up, but for noobs like me who had a heavy F2 cbr 600 for my first bike, it was scary to drop the clutch to have the bike jump out in front of you. If his bike was running a min ago, I don't think he has THAT bad of a battery issue, but 2nd is a lot more forgiving if he lost it (not that it mattered here). I even offered to do it for him if he pushed me (i'm between short and average height)... and he was a pretty tall dude. Plus he was doing this in a parking lot when there was a longer / safer alley right next to us (?) No idea what was up with him to think that doing it in maybe a 200 ft long parking lot adjacent to one of the busiest streets in santa monica is beyond me.