View Full Version : TQ's Ninja

nope
November 11th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Just wanted to throw up a quick thread. I've been meaning to do some cool in-depth post where I take fancy pictures of everything and talk about all the things I'm doing with my bike and why. That's hasn't happened, so:

The main idea behind my ninja was to get something CHEAP to finally learn what the track is all about. I got it for $2k, and it sucked. Ignoring power differences and things like that, the ninja just felt super goofy compared to my Honda and I had zero confidence in it. So I got some inspiration (and resistance, I suppose) from some friends and started making it my own. I felt that the lighter I made it, the more confidence I had while throwing it around, so that became a huge driver, possibly the biggest. I hated the posture, hence the front end swap. Since then I've discovered how this bike can be awesome. Since there will never be any real power under there, making the bike brake and lean like no other is where it's at. And the front swap does that for many reasons. Other things I'm doing to the bike are just to make things simpler and cleaner, with a dash of unique.

To recap: Cheap, light, quick, simple.

Anyway, the post I had in mind is a lot of work so here are a couple photos from my phone from last night. As you can tell, there's a lot to be done but I feel what I have is solid and clean.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4436

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4437

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4438

To date I've done about 5 track days total, visiting SoCal tracks like Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, and recently Chucwalla Valley Raceway. In this time I've been able to run in the advanced run group without being a nuisance. Granted, track days aren't full of racers, but it's exciting nonetheless for someone with my lack of experience on a funny but trusty little bike.

Rexbo
November 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
heck yeah now chop that tail

ChaosFromAbove
November 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
wow...amazing...are the stock fairings going to fit back on? (mostly interested in the upper since you've got a new front end). I'm guessing the answer is no.

nope
November 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Nah, definitely not, and I don't want em back on.

I'm going to work on a custom tail (and subframe) and belly pan when I free up some time though. Can't wait! Mayyybe, a little front fairing but at this point I want as little "stuff" on the bike as I can deem reasonable.

Glad you dig it.

ChaosFromAbove
November 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
yea...its basically a street fighter now lol. I'm really tempted to try the front end swap and try to modify the fairings...but i know I'm just gonna end up getting pissed when i can't get them to fit and start breaking sh!t lol.

Wish it was more practical for us "street" riders. Guess i'll pass on putting the gsxr rear suspension on as well :(

Rexbo
November 11th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Guess i'll pass on putting the gsxr rear suspension on as well :(

do it. it doesnt involve THAT much work, and its a huge improvement over stock. not to mention its like a $50 MAX modification if you find the right parts for cheap.

ChaosFromAbove
November 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM
ahhhhh get out of my head!!!! lol :lolsign:

nope
November 11th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah, $50 if you're careless. There are shocks all over eBay. And worst case scenario, you fail completely. You go buy a new triangle linkage thingy and chuck the gsxr shock.

Some notes on my bike:

1. While we're on the subject, the rear shock seems good. I don't notice it much, but the rebound damping is nice and I don't seem to be grinding my custom exhaust any more. My buddy Steve (rexbo, here) made a good point, which was that if I'm not noticing the shock then it's likely it's doing its job properly. I definitely noticed the stock shock, and it was definitely too squishy in banked turns and more hoppy over bumps.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4445
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4446

2. The custom exhaust improves cornering clearance. I was tracking at Streets of Willow and I had no confidence in the bowl because the stock exhaust was just getting murdered and sometimes punting the rear of my bike out. I had the stock shock fully preloaded. When I got home I cut the stock exhaust can in half just to play with a stubby exhaust idea, but that didn't really address the dragging, looked cool though. I went one step further and cut the exhaust pipes at the union and welded in an adapter to a universal glasspack from Summit Racing. This really tucked the exhaust away and if it ever dragged it would be parallel to the ground, not catching an edge. It was crazy loud at first so I also had to make a silencer out of some perf tube, which is difficult to weld. It's still really loud and snotty sounding but it's tolerable and I like it. As you can see in the photos above I was still dragging it a bit with the stock shock. I weigh 160-165lbs and my bike is significantly lighter than stock, especially in the rear.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4447
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4448

3. K&N air filter and jet kit are awesome. And so is removing the airbox along with its little emissions/recirculation minions. There are probably several threads going on how to do this but essentially you just pull everything out, cap the port at the top of the engine, put a universal breather/filter at the crank case port and create a way to vent your fuel tank at the three fittings on the side. After doing so, I'm noticing just a tad more power than friends' ninjas and having no airbox makes it so much easier to get in there to do any kind of work. My jetting is currently "untuned" as I just kinda guessed based on my intake/exhaust changes, erring on the rich side. The bike runs great and I've also been able to eliminate the choke completely.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4449
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4450

4. Rearsets are a must. I went with the Shinto ones and modified the shifter side so that the shifter lever pivot was concentric with the foot peg. This was very important to me as I found the standard pivot location cumbersome when trying to shift on the track. To do this I needed a longer linkage rod and I needed to modify the splined clamp (cut & weld) so things would line up. Fits tight, but the perfect kind of tight.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4451
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4452

5. Rear tire. Right now I have a BT-016 on there and it might have 1 more day left in it. I have a 140 width BT-003RS waiting patiently in line. I think the 003 will be much better as it doesn't have treads at the extremities of the tire profile. The 016's have developed huge divots in front of each tread, and although I don't notice a loss of traction in turns, the contact circle is pretty discontinuous. I took some advice on this forum to try the 150 width on the 016 which has served me well. There is definitely a bit of tire you can never lean over to use though.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4453
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4454

6. Front tire. With the front end swap you get a 3.5" wide wheel which lets you use the common 120 width front tire. The wheel I purchased used, came with a lightly used Michelin Pilot slick. This tire is excellent and I have learned the front tire is really what does ALL the work on a ninja. This past trip to Chuckwalla taught me that you need to get lots of heat into a slick before it starts working. My first session felt terrible, front end chattering and hopping in what felt like every turn. I was about to swap to my Dunlop D211 GPA which I brought just in case. But as the track warmed up a bit, I realized heat was the issue so I was encouraged to just go crazier and brake excessively hard early on and that seemed to get the tire hot enough to really stick. The cycle sort of built on itself afterward, when the tire was sticking I could go faster, which made the tire hotter and stickier, and I could go faster, and so on.. eventually I traveled in time I was going so fast, approx 88 mph. No really, the ability to fit a real race tire is AMAZING.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4455
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=4456

More later, it's beer week in SD!

08ninja250
November 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
why did you drill out the rear rotor?

nope
November 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Haven't quite finished that one yet!

I designed that rotor and had it waterjet cut for my bike and a friend's ($40 each), stainless, super light. I'm working on a lighter weight rear brake caliper to match. But I'll post pics of that once I get it all made.

randomwalk101
November 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM
do it. it doesnt involve THAT much work, and its a huge improvement over stock. not to mention its like a $50 MAX modification if you find the right parts for cheap.

I grabbed a gsxr
Stock shock from eBay for cheap. As for the lower shock cutting, I just need to cut that inner tube like spacer?

nope
November 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Wait till your shock comes in. You'll want to mill (or grind) part of the triangular shock linkage so that it fits snugly inside the aluminum clevis on the lower end of the shock. One side sticks out more than the other so grind away at that side, and also grind that steel bushing/spacer to fit the same way (I think I remember it being roughly 0.055"). Remove the o-rings on the linkage and keep them aside while you do the grinding.

Rexbo has some great pics on his write-up from when we did our installs at my place.

randomwalk101
November 14th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the pics. Looks awesome.
Great idea on the Shinto rearset. I think I might try that one out too. I have Shinto as well.

Rexbo
November 14th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the pics. Looks awesome.
Great idea on the Shinto rearset. I think I might try that one out too. I have Shinto as well.

coulda just bought the x-race rearsets from matt (sportisi) and they're concentric shifting from the get go!

nope
November 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I thought about it, but I don't like that they're 2 plates thick. That pushes the pegs and controls out an unnecessary amount. The concentricity was something I could fix.
Also, I paid $200 shipped.

However, after seeing what happened to Brian's rearset pickup points at the frame when he went down in the bowl, I want to replace my foot pegs with the undercut type so the foot peg dies without mangling the frame or the rearsets (even though I'm never going down). Not sure if I like the folding type for the track.

ztrack157
November 15th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I thought about it, but I don't like that they're 2 plates thick. That pushes the pegs and controls out an unnecessary amount. The concentricity was something I could fix.
Also, I paid $200 shipped.

Most do a racer chop on the end of the peg which wipes out the extra amount it is sticking out. I've only even seen one racer good enough to drag my pegs (non chopped) and that only happened when he was lowsiding in T6 at Thunderhill while running 2:11 pace.:thumbup:

Nemesis
November 15th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Nope, do you race WSMC? If not you should. But you may have to convert back most of the stuff mod you already have done. :( LOL! Come out and join us. I'll be racing with CVMA (Chuckwalla) next year too.

nope
November 15th, 2010, 06:41 PM
At this point I'm just tracking and although I'm feelin pretty comfortable on the track, I really just barely got into this.

I might try running in the AFM 250 superbike class next year. I need to figure out what kind of bikes I'd be up against though. I don't mind taking a beating, but if it's just gonna be a bunch of 400-450 supermotos (single and twin 4-strokes get to run down a class) it might take all the fun out of investing that much money. :P

I'm always down to track though, and I've been dyin to ride with some experienced ninja riders. I seriously love my setup and definitely don't wanna undo the changes I've made. If you want some ninja track company let me know, we usually roll 3 or 4 ninjas deep!

Nemesis
November 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
You're in SD, right? If so, you're going to drive all the way up there to compete when you can compete with race orgs that are closer?

Dood, we should do Chuckwalla. I can get Joseph (Kurosaki) to join in with us. And I know a bunch of other 250 Socal riders who would be down for it too.

nope
November 15th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I'm in SD. Still deciding about racing, but definitely down to go track with you guys meanwhile.

I wish there was a race series that did streets of willow, chuckwalla and buttonwillow - for small engine 4-strokes, without mod limits. :/ I realize they make rules like that to keep wealthier teams/riders from having the "fancier mods" advantage, but honestly as long as I'm not trying to race seasoned 120lb riders on bikes making over twice the power and weighing 100lbs less than mine, I'm happy and up for the challenge.

Nemesis
November 15th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I hated Big Willow before I got into racing. Ran that track once back in '05 and it was really scary and intimidating.

But ever since I got into racing, racing the 250 @ Big Willow taught me a lot about cornering/speed/body position. I prefer that track over Streets.

I hear you about BW, SOW, and Chucky tho. LOL!

Riding/racing season is over for me this year. So, let's do a Ninja250 trackday next year--some time in March. I'll see if I can get us a discount $100 or less trackday next year.

Rexbo
November 16th, 2010, 02:15 AM
I hated Big Willow before I got into racing. Ran that track once back in '05 and it was really scary and intimidating.

But ever since I got into racing, racing the 250 @ Big Willow taught me a lot about cornering/speed/body position. I prefer that track over Streets.

I hear you about BW, SOW, and Chucky tho. LOL!

Riding/racing season is over for me this year. So, let's do a Ninja250 trackday next year--some time in March. I'll see if I can get us a discount $100 or less trackday next year.

Hmm... this almost sounds like we've got enough people to race for beer :)

ithaca00
November 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I might try running in the AFM 250 superbike class next year. I need to figure out what kind of bikes I'd be up against though. I don't mind taking a beating, but if it's just gonna be a bunch of 400-450 supermotos (single and twin 4-strokes get to run down a class) it might take all the fun out of investing that much money. :P

AFM Superbike had 2 450s and they still lost (over the season) to the top Production guy. At the last race there was a Frankenstien CRF250 powered TZ125 bike that did a number on the class. For the most part though it's a second 250P race as that's what most people run.

blong
November 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM
nope's bike is dope

he is super fast on the track

front end swap is the ticket

Nemesis
November 17th, 2010, 09:11 AM
he is super fast on the track

Really?

What times is he doing @ BW, SOW, Big Willow, Chuckwalla?

nope
November 17th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I'd say im aite, but I def need to learn a bunch.

In fact, blong is way faster and more capable of pulling stuff off than me for sure - till he crashed .. :P I think I counted like 12 passes in one hot Advanced group lap at Streets his first time riding the 250 at the track.

Also, rexbo is f'in quick even on his damn stock tires - till he crashed, haha. But yeah, ultra clean and gonna be a deadly beginner in AFM 250P.

Time off an on-board cam was in the 1:31s at Streets of Willow for me.

blong
November 17th, 2010, 09:51 AM
What's a good ninja time at buttomwillow?

Nemesis
November 17th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I'd say im aite, but I def need to learn a bunch.

In fact, blong is way faster and more capable of pulling stuff off than me for sure - till he crashed .. :P I think I counted like 12 passes in one hot Advanced group lap at Streets his first time riding the 250 at the track.

Also, rexbo is f'in quick even on his damn stock tires - till he crashed, haha. But yeah, ultra clean and gonna be a deadly beginner in AFM 250P.

Time off an on-board cam was in the 1:31s at Streets of Willow for me.

12 passes in A group? Either A Group riders were more like C group riders or he passed on a red flag. :D

But a 1:31 is definitely fast but not a true A Group pace which is why WSMC breaks down the practice group times by your practice times. And 1:31 is 2nd to slowest group. But in the 250 class that's definitely in the top 4 or 5 racers provided you're running the same spec rules as everyone else. :thumbup:

What's a good ninja time at buttomwillow?

I believe it's in the 2:08-2:10 are considered fast. I'm a measely 2:17 so I got ways to go. :( :lol:

Sounds like I will learn a lot from riding with you guys. :)

blong
November 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I believe it's in the 2:08-2:10 are considered fast. I'm a measely 2:17 so I got ways to go. :( :lol:

Sounds like I will learn a lot from riding with you guys. :)

Coo, I was doing 2:09-2:10 with a garbage rear tire. Well, actually a garbage front tire I was using in the back.

Nemesis
November 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Coo, I was doing 2:09-2:10 with a garbage rear tire. Well, actually a garbage front tire I was using in the back.

Damn, you're fast. LOL!!!

Cab305
November 17th, 2010, 05:08 PM
:thumbup:Dude I love what you have done soooo much, I just picked up a GSXR rear shock, will be machining it this weekend!
Have to get new rear sets also, thrashed the OEM left side at Homestead Track Day.

This might seem silly, how did you support your bike while swapping rear shock, did you use a motorcycle lift? I have been thinking about it all day, "how am I gonna do it?"

nope
November 17th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Awesome man, glad you're going for it. Crap, you might need rearsets..

I don't have a rear stand yet so I normally lift my bike up by hand and rest the spools on 2 car jack stands (on a couple towels because I'm particular about that sort of thing). So what we did to support the bike while changing the shock was rest in on the pegs in the same fashion. Now, I say you'll want those rearsets because the stock ones fold up..

You can always do it ghetto and pull off the tail fairings, wrap a tie down through the subframe and over a rafter above, and crank it up. Careful the bike doesn't flop over though!

Cab305
November 17th, 2010, 07:22 PM
LOL, I thought of the ghetto solution also. Did you remove rear tire for ease, or is it not necessary once undertail plastic comes off. I'll post some pics next week.

Rexbo
November 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM
LOL, I thought of the ghetto solution also. Did you remove rear tire for ease, or is it not necessary once undertail plastic comes off. I'll post some pics next week.

check out my thread on here, there's a pretty good pic of how you can do it just using jackstands.

I dont have any times for any tracks yet with the new tires or rear shock, but tq and blong are way faster than me... until i sort my front forks and an exhaust! I think TQ and I did a 2:21 at buttonwillow counter-clockwise, but that was still with my ****** tires on stock suspension and TQ's first time there.

nope
November 18th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Future plans for the ninja:

1. 420 chain setup
2. Lightweight rear brake setup
3. Steering damper
4. Chop and convert to lightweight bolt-on subframe
5. Modified wiring harness with mini battery
6. Custom tail fairing
7. Custom belly pan
8. Safety wire
9. Exhaust v.2

Probably more stuff.

randomwalk101
November 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
TQ

You have to drill out the top and bottom of the gsxr shock's mounting holes to accept the. 12mm bolt? The holes of the ninja are bigger.
Also how long are the new 12mm bolts needed to be? Thanks

nope
November 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah you gotta drill out top and bottom of the shock with a 12mm brill bit. The bolt lengths I used were 130mm (x2) and 60mm (x1).

Steve, maybe update your write-up with these bolt lengths.

randomwalk101
November 21st, 2010, 06:46 PM
Thx TQ. Will enlarge it with a drill bit. Picked up four spacers like you used. Wow they are expensive. I believe it's like $5 a piece at Lowe's. Also couldn't find any 12mm so I picked up the 7/16" bolts.

randomwalk101
November 24th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Found some 12mm x 130mm bolts at ace hardware.
How long is the lower shock mounting bolt needs to be? I think that needs a little longer bolt as well. Thanks

Rexbo
November 24th, 2010, 12:38 PM
The bolt lengths I used were 130mm (x2) and 60mm (x1).

randomwalk101
November 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
LOL...I need to go back to shuzzzz...I can't read..
thanks bro.

randomwalk101
November 24th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Okay just finished drilling. The shock eye is PITA!!! You guys must have used some machining or something cuz drilling with a hand drill is ain't no cake walk.

nope
January 24th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, pending a first test ride on another bike I'm building, I will be selling my ninja as seen in the photos in this thread.

This particular bike is in my opinion the best bike to learn track skills quickly. With this setup, I was able to drag plenty of knee, exhaust, and even a little bit of kick stand all by about 2/3 into my first track day. It's very competitive in intermediate run groups and held up really well even in an advanced run group track day I did. The way this ninja is set up has never let me down, it is super progressive and most importantly inspires a ton of confidence. There have been a handful situations where I go in to a turn (usually turn 1 or 2) thinking "****, I should have braked earlier.. way earlier" and exit either in silence or spitting a minute or so of excited profanity out of relief for my intact-ness and respect for moto. It always manages to hang on for me. I've given my bike the utmost meticulous mechanical and cosmetic care, making sure every component is clean, unblemished and mounted securely and correctly. It has a clean title, very low miles, currently registered/insured as street legal (officially street legal if you bolt on a head/tail light), and is in perfect condition ready to haul out to the track. Cosmetically, it lacks a race tail.

I'll post a price both here and in the classified section once I make the final decision, but if you want to throw a reasonable offer my way, go for it.

Johnathan

Cab305
March 27th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hey, any luck with the sell? I don't see any updates, was curious if you had sold her.

One quick question, how hard was the front end swap? (donor bike?) Any chance you can give a brief explanation, or point me to one if you already did? Thanks.

If i had the money, I would definitely buy it. How much did you ask for anyways?

nope
March 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Hey cab, nah I haven't sold it yet. I'm still building my Aprilia and pending a first track day with it before I accept any offers. While it will be cool having the extra power of the new bike, part of me wonders whether it will offer the bulletproof confident feel of the ninja. I hope it does..

I will want $3500 for the ninja.
Since my last post the bike has been fully safety wired. It also has fresh synth oil and filter and a spare BT-003RS rear tire.

Regarding the work involved for the front end:
You need a donor full front end. I used a brand new 2008 GSXR600 front. You'll need a buddy to help hoist the ninja up to remove the front end, as a front stand won't help you here. You need a specialty tool to pull the bearing races off the GSXR and ninja steer tubes to swap them and another specialty tool to press them back on correctly. Then swap bearings over, but careful not to lose the free bearing balls. Once that's done you gotta play with the spacer and dust seal stack and properly seat the bearings to get a good level of thread engagement on the top nut. You also need to cut and grind off the ignition mount bracket from the ninja frame, this takes some patience and care. I sanded mine smooth and painted it a matching black. You can probably throw the ninja hand controls on the GSXR clipons but the GSXR controls are way nicer so I integrated those and the throttle cables as well which requires a custom mount at the throttle bodies. Theres a fair amount of wiring involved, and a voltage sensitive ignition bypass. I went all out and did it right, integrating all of the GSXR controls, figured out the ignition bypass and wired in a secret ignition switch. I think I know both of those wiring diagrams by heart now.. Anyway, so if you hook up lights and signals, everything will work including hi-beam, horn, and hi-beam "pass" flasher, and hazards. I was able to delete the choke cable with a really good track tune and it starts up every time unless it's been like a month or more, for that I installed a little loop to make it easy to pull directly at the throttle bodies to provide the choke function for that first cold start. Then there's some track set-up, assuming that's why you'd be doing this swap. Remove left caliper and rotor, get a single braided line, get some good HH pads, get some nice adjustable levers, get a race slick, adjust compression and rebound settings on the forks.

Haha I was going to say the swap was not too bad, but recalling all that.. yeah, it was a lot of work and you gotta be pretty comfortable with all the stuff I mentioned to figure it all out in the details and end up with something clean. :P

Crap this post is just reminding me how attached to it I am! Two weekends ago it did me very well at Chuckwalla. Completed new racer school, and competed in the Formula 500 class both days. Also, I set the track record that weekend for a Ninja 250 during practice! Rexbo (Steve) is a good reference for me and my bike, but by now I think several ninjette people have tracked/raced with me and checked out my bike between sessions.

nope
March 28th, 2011, 01:15 AM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=590&pictureid=4911

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=590&pictureid=4912

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=590&pictureid=4913

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=590&pictureid=4914

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=590&pictureid=4915

Me in red on the fighter ninja.
Steve on the green ninja.

Alex
March 28th, 2011, 05:54 AM
:kewlpics:

Cab305
March 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Cool, sounds a bit complicated, not as straight forward as rear shock, lol.

I'll be at Homestead Speedway in 2 weeks so this will have to go on the back, back, back burner. I might seriously consider buying yours and be done. Let me know if the Aprilia floats your boat, hopefully I'll be back on my financial feet. :thumbup:

Rexbo
March 29th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Since my last post the bike has been fully safety wired in a Motel 6 room at midnight.

Also, I almost set the track record that weekend for a not supersport legal Ninja 250 during practice! Rexbo (Steve) is my god and totally beat me during the race then disqualified himself to make me feel good.

Much better!

nope
March 29th, 2011, 06:11 PM
2:14.3, foo.

nope
April 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I took my Aprilia out this past race weekend and with the exception of a few hiccups, I'm sold on it. 2:03.7 CCW lap time.

Cab if you're still interested in the ninja, let me know. For sale.

Since last time, I got rid of the rear brake reservoir and installed a stubby clear tube in its place - a slick little racer mod I learned about a while back. Weight savings are tiny, but it just helps make the bike look simpler and less cluttered. Also, the stock hose is prone to kinking, this solves that.

Cab305
April 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I got rid of the rear brake reservoir and installed a stubby clear tube in its place

Would love to see a pic of this. Sounds neat

Dude Glad you like the Aprilia, your'e rocking in those pics.
I'd love to buy her but the cash flow is still tight. I'd love a link to the e-bay listing, keep an eye out. She is everything I want to build. How much would shipping be to Florida more or less any clue?

I do feel positive about the next few months. Who knows maybe I'll have an early summer christmas. So please keep me posted.

Good Luck with sale.

nope
April 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=5072

natek
August 28th, 2011, 09:18 PM
how much weight did you take off the bike?

nope
December 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
296lbs ready to go w fuel. For sale!