View Full Version : Reluctant Good-bye to my Ninjette

Sailariel
November 16th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Today I took posession of a 2010 Honda NT 700V-nice bike. Had the Ninja for two years and logged 12000mi. It was a bit much for my aging bod. in light of a recent back injury--I should have hired a contractor. Hind sight is always 20-20. There was no way that I was going to give up motorcycling. Will still participate in the forum. Paulette said that she would track me down if I left.

backinthesaddleagain
November 16th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Looking forward to pics. Best of luck with the NT.

tapdiggy
November 16th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Congratulations on a new bike. Is it the one from North Country? Very appealing motorcycle.:thumbup:

kkim
November 17th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Alex, we gots to do what we gots to do. Hope the new bike treats you well and your back improves.

Enjoy in good health, my friend.
:)

HKr1
November 17th, 2010, 06:30 AM
:worthlesswithoutpic

:yo:

bob706
November 17th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Congrats on the new bike :thumbup:

CZroe
November 17th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Today I took posession of a 2010 Honda NT 700V-nice bike. Had the Ninja for two years and logged 12000mi. It was a bit much for my aging bod. in light of a recent back injury--I should have hired a contractor. Hind sight is always 20-20. There was no way that I was going to give up motorcycling. Will still participate in the forum. Paulette said that she would track me down if I left.

I'm scared of her too! :D

Sailariel
November 17th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Congratulations on a new bike. Is it the one from North Country? Very appealing motorcycle.:thumbup:

Truong, It is the one from North Country--the red one. Now if it would stop raining---

Sailariel
November 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Alex, we gots to do what we gots to do. Hope the new bike treats you well and your back improves.

Enjoy in good health, my friend.
:)

Kelly, It does not handle as well as the Ninja. I have already touched the centrestand in a curve. I do like my leans.

backinthesaddleagain
November 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Truong, It is the one from North Country--the red one. Now if it would stop raining---

stopped raining in RI around 10am so good weather should be heading north. man it poured last night!

Sound Wave
November 17th, 2010, 03:59 PM
congrats on the new bike. you planning on getting the larger saddlebag lids so you can fit your helmet?

i really love honda's build quality. i also really like that the nt700v has a shaft drive. looking for that in my next bike whenever that will be.

Sailariel
November 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM
congrats on the new bike. you planning on getting the larger saddlebag lids so you can fit your helmet?

i really love honda's build quality. i also really like that the nt700v has a shaft drive. looking for that in my next bike whenever that will be.

I would like to get the larger lids--unfortunately they are not yet available in the US. It would also make transporting my laptop back and forth a lot easier.

Sound Wave
November 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM
is yours the bloom red metallic?

i bought some stuff from david silver spares for my VFR and their shipping is really reasonable.... even to hawaii.

it won't let me put a direct link to the page with the parts, but this is the part number for that color. just paste it into the search by part number section.

08L52-MEW-860

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/by-part-number/

i am not sure if that code is for just one side. or if that is for both. i am a bit confused about that bit..... seems like it is for both.

if you contact them, they will be able to help you more. i ordered a decal from them that wasn't on their website.

Bleak21
November 17th, 2010, 06:10 PM
congrats on the new bike!

camaroz1985
November 18th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Congrats on the new bike Alex. Glad to see you are still riding. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it, as I was considering one, but opted for the Versys instead.

Sailariel
November 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Gary, My bike is the red metallic--the colour of a fine Merlot. I have a sister who lives in Austria. She can get those lids for me if they don't come to the US soon. My sister (she is an MD) gave me the NT as a present for hitting the six year mark cancer free. Many many years ago I helped to finance her college education. We have always been very close. She retired two years ago, and with another MD friend, started a clinic in Kenya not only treating patients but also training people to be paramedics who can funtion in an area without doctors. I am very proud of my younger sister. She is all about giving back--seems to be a family thing. Right now my retirement thing is to run a Soup Kitchen that puts out between 110 and 120 meals Mon. through Fri. Those of us who have been blessed really need to help those who have not been as fortunate.

kkim
November 18th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Those of us who have been blessed really need to help those who have not been as fortunate.

A great motto to live one's life. :thumbup:

CZroe
November 18th, 2010, 06:52 PM
A great motto to live one's life. :thumbup:

Just watched Pay it Forward. :thumbup: