View Full Version : Blue Ninja 250 -> White Daytona 675 SE

llenta
November 19th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Hey guys (and gals). My first post here even though I have been lurking since this place started. Some of you all might remember me from the kawiforums...I still post there every now and then, but since its usually the same stuff that comes up over and over, I gave up. This place seems a lot more interesting so I figured at some point I should contribute :p

Yes, first post is here in this section because the little one has found a new home (its a good thing, sold it to a friend of mine, so its still in good hands). I took a few pictures of old and new when I got home from the dealership. Sorry about the quality, only had my phone on me.

I have to say that I have wanted a Daytona since 2006 and when I saw the SE version in pearl white, I knew I had to have one. I was lucky enough to finally get my hands on one. This is one hell of a bike, I don't think there is a better sounding bike out there, nothing comes close to the sound of a triple in my mind.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7641/twowa.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1842/onex.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8157/threeg.jpg

I am going to miss the little ninja. After all the twisties, commuting and track time, it really was time. The 250 is a much more capable bike then most people really think. But if I kept it any longer it would have turned into a full on track bike with more $$$ into it then it actually cost to buy. So I decided it was best (financially for me) to pass it on to my friend who wants to learn to ride because I would have had to buy another street legal bike anyway.

Alex
November 19th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I can't figure out if it's better to have a poster put their first post in the ex-owners area, or their last post in the new-members section. I think your method is probably the best of those two options. :)

Congrats on the new scoot!

sharky nrk
November 19th, 2010, 05:11 PM
that blue and white SE is beautiful, i am drooling all over the keyboard - and you can probably give it more justice from the saddle since you started on the best bike to teach you how to ride.

kkim
November 19th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Congrats, Jeff... I think. ;)

what took you so long to make the switch to ninjette??? :p

scotty
November 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Sweet ride! Welcome!

Cuongism
November 19th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I'm so so jealous :p I've been on constant watch for a daytona 675. Absolutely love how they look and sound. I was a second buyer last week for one, but the first buyer did end up buying it so I didn't even have a chance to get it. Only dealers here carry 2010-2011 daytonas and I'm not interested in dropping over 10k new :(. Congrats on the purchase :D

bob706
November 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forum :thumbup: That is one sweet looking Triumph

backinthesaddleagain
November 19th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Sweet look and sweet sound.

llenta
November 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Congrats, Jeff... I think. ;)

what took you so long to make the switch to ninjette??? :p

I have been reading the forums here for a while, just never registered and posted. I still like the Ninja 250 and still find that 250 forums have 10x the traffic other forums. Also the modifications that people do to Ninja 250s can be applied to other bikes as well.

Besides, I find the 250 crowd more responsible than other supersport forums. Less ego and more curiosity. I'm a safety first person and could care less about what other people think. People gave me crap all the time for only riding a 250. But the best feeling in the world is when all the cool cats posing next to their Ducati or Repsol Hondas at the track think they are hot ****. Then passing them on the outside with a Ninja 250 because you know how to ride better then they do. Words can't describe that feeling.:thumbup:

Foreigner
December 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Aaaaaaaah jealous jealous jealous jealous... can you tell I'm jealous? That pearl white Daytona is on my "would sell my grandmother for" list. The new 'R' version is even sexier, especially the red sub-frame. I saw it a bike show this year and, sadly, as hard as I tried, I couldn't yank it off the stand it was attached to. The organisers didn't look too pleased that I tried :D The Ninjette keeps me quite happy for now (shame you couldn't keep both!), but I'll definitely saving my pennies for a Daytona!

On a more serious note, was the Nina 250 your first bike? If so, did you feel the transition to be a huge leap? And how comfy do you find the Daytona?

Havok
December 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Beautiful bike! The blue swing arm and accents set that bike off big time! Just curious how is the ride on the bike. From what I hear it's not good for everyday riding due to position and vibration. I was thinking of getting one of them for my next bike. My list is that bike, fz6r, zx6 and in the deep recesses of my mind and I doubt I'll pull the trigger the s1000rr.

Ntotot
December 13th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Awesome. :thumbup:

That triplet machine just arrived on our shores. I think I'll go have a look then.:D

Cab305
December 13th, 2010, 11:16 PM
If you don't mind... How tall are you?

I've being eyeing 600s, just to get an idea for when I step up.
But aside from the GSXR600(don't want), the seats just seem so high.

Did you find it awkward going to such a tall bike? I love that bike.
A member in one of my local forums, just parted with the same bike.

Did you buy it new or have it shipped up from Florida? If it's his bike, you are getting one pampered girl.

llenta
December 14th, 2010, 09:29 AM
i got it brand new, straight off the boat from over the pond. :D

i'm ~5'10" and I can flat foot both feet. it is a tall bike as you can tell, but its not fat like the Japanese 4 cylinder bikes are. Your legs go straight down to the ground when you sit on the bike, not around the bike like you are sitting on a horse.

I was pretty comfortable moving up to a larger bike as I had been riding 600s on and off for the last year or so. I ride all the time and switch bikes with a lot of people I ride with just to try them out. Actually a lot of my buddies wanted to ride my little ninja, so it was cool. It gave me a chance to try out all the different bikes and see how they rode so when it came time to buy a larger bike, I knew which one was best for me. I actually never did ride a Triumph until I went to the dealer, but nobody I knew had a Daytona, so it was the only one I had to go to the dealer to try. It isn't really awkward to ride, but it is more aggressive then other 600's. I think the issues you will have moving up to this bike will be the same with the Japanese bikes. It takes a little getting used to, but slowly your muscles will adapt and the soreness will go away and you will be able to ride longer and longer without needing a break. Its a different riding position then the ninja 250, so you just have to get used to it.

The new 675R is a nice bike, but I prefer my SE because I love blue. Honestly, like most people say, pictures don't do this bike justice. The bike is pearl white, but when you get up close, it has a blue shine to it. It truly is a beautiful color in the sun.

Cab305
December 14th, 2010, 09:40 AM
:thumbup: Thanks for info! Congratulations once again on a beautiful machine.

Unfortunately, I'm 5'8" don't know if I feel comfortable on one foot, darn it.
Looks like I might be aiming at the Duc Monster 600.

llenta
December 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM
go to your dealer and sit on one. i'm sure you will be able to get both balls of you feet on the ground. besides, you can shave the seat an inch and then your not even touching the suspension. i think you should be fine.