View Full Version : 250R is going bye bye.

Raven
November 24th, 2010, 11:09 AM
:(:(:(

Hardest time of my life. But I have to get it together as I am selling my 250R, after buying 6R recently. I already sold all those aftermarket parts recently. Now I'm on to restoring it back to bone stock. Putting original exhaust system, snorkel back on, and removing shims off needles. I currently own 2010 6R since of September 13th so I'll be fine with the riding fix. :D

One big question, that has nothing to do with motorcycles though. Maybe a LITTLE. ha I'm going to use the money from selling Ninja 250R, for a 88-93 Mazda B2200 truck. But has been wondering if they are able to haul 600cc in back or are they too weak for the task?

almost40
November 25th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Buy a trailer for your car. Much cheaper

scotty
November 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
That would be cheaper. Also you could rent one from uhal for cheap too. Think 20 a day if you just need to transport it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raven
November 25th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I don't even have a car, ha!

I'm onward to get a truck over car myself, though.

Snake
November 26th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Congratulations on the new bike.

scotty
November 26th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I don't even have a car, ha!

I'm onward to get a truck over car myself, though.

Nice, yeah a smaller truck will be able to haul the 6r. The 250 and your 6r weight almost the same,(if I remember correctly) Most 4cyc trucks can haul like 1,000lbs. You could buy a mini van and take out the seatss and move the bike inside the van! :D

Sailariel
November 26th, 2010, 12:22 PM
The truck should work fine. The challenge will be getting a ramp that will safely get the bike into the truck bed. Ramp trips for a bike leaves them very vulnerable to a drop. That's why I got a landscape trailer--comes with a wide ramp and is not expensive. A 4x8 would go for about $500 at Lowe's or Home Depot. You don't need a big rig to tow it. Our Vibe with a 1.8L engine pulls it fine.

Raven
November 28th, 2010, 08:22 PM
The truck should work fine. The challenge will be getting a ramp that will safely get the bike into the truck bed. Ramp trips for a bike leaves them very vulnerable to a drop. That's why I got a landscape trailer--comes with a wide ramp and is not expensive. A 4x8 would go for about $500 at Lowe's or Home Depot. You don't need a big rig to tow it. Our Vibe with a 1.8L engine pulls it fine.

That's why I want to get Madza B2200...Their rear bumper are lower than our bike's seat height, if not modified. :thumbup: