View Full Version : Oahu anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

istreefitty
July 22nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Any takers?? I would love to ride with some peeps. Let me know I am open any day during the early evening.

dkstariob
August 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hey Michael. I just joined and its nice seeing another hawaii ninja owner here. I like in kaimuki and a ride would be great.

kkim
August 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Welcome, Dennis! :)

istreefitty
August 4th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I am down pm me for my cell...I am free almost any time as of right now

dkstariob
August 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sent you a pm, bro. i got a question, can cops pull you over for swerving for fun in your own lane since the ninja is so damn light?

Sound Wave
August 7th, 2009, 12:54 AM
hey rob, wassop. as far as cops.... man, they can pretty much do whatever they want. if they wanted to, i guess they could say it was reckless driving. i guess same thing if you were in a car and were swerving around in your own lane.

gotta admit that i do that sometimes with my bike too.

i am on call until the 17th, but after that i am up for a ride too. just picked up my new bike last night.

kkim
August 7th, 2009, 01:04 AM
just picked up my new bike last night.

ummm... pics? :D

Sound Wave
August 7th, 2009, 01:13 AM
ummm... pics? :D

why do you think i didn't start a thread in the ex-ninjette lair yet? got no pics and i didn't want to get the "this thread is worthless without pics" messages. :o

might take some pics on saturday if i get a chance.

istreefitty
August 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
ok well my parents are coming in for a visit 15-22 but I MIGHT be able to sneek away (drop them off at a museum or a beach) to ride, let me know Gary you have my phone number

Sound Wave
August 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
well, if not the week the 16th-23rd, then the next time i am free will be the first week of september. we have someone on vacation, so i am having to pull call for the hospital more often while she is away.

well, one of these days i can join you guys. :)

your number was the 469 number?

dkstariob
August 10th, 2009, 12:40 AM
We haven't rode yet. So let's get something started soon when everyone's available, yah?

Sound Wave
August 10th, 2009, 02:15 AM
hey dennis, you got some pics of your bikes? actually, from what i saw on the net, your cbr and my vfr look pretty silmilar... although, of course yours is a lot lighter.

how do you split the riding duties of the two bikes?

dkstariob
August 10th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Gary, it's not my bike. I should really update that. The one I technically own is a red ninja 250. The f4i is my cousins (got me into bikes in the first place) who is deployed right now and he owes me a lot of money and it is mine to ride. but i am still learning so i mostly use the ninja 250 since i am not covered on the f4i, the ninja 250 sips on gas -not down it, it's a pain to ride with my ninja to his place to ride his bike lol. after i get better (already dropped my bike) i plan on getting my own f4i. preferably an 05 or 06.

but looking forward to meeting you. take care.

kkim
August 11th, 2009, 12:46 AM
why do you think i didn't start a thread in the ex-ninjette lair yet? got no pics and i didn't want to get the "this thread is worthless without pics" messages. :o

might take some pics on saturday if i get a chance.

hmmmm... was a pretty nice day on Saturday... had lots of sunshine for pictures! :D

Sound Wave
August 11th, 2009, 02:11 AM
hmmmm... was a pretty nice day on Saturday... had lots of sunshine for pictures! :D

i worked in the morning. then after i got home, i installed my wife's grille on her suv (that she doesn't even realize is there yet :) ) then i installed my saddlebags. by the time i was finished, i didn't feel like going anywhere. i did go for a short ride on sunday, but i didn't bring my camera.

which is a round about way of saying i didn't take any pics yet. :p

Sound Wave
August 29th, 2009, 01:20 AM
hey so how about next weekend? you guys still up for a ride? i am on call until monday morning, so this weekend isn't good for me.

you guys ever went yet?

dkstariob
September 1st, 2009, 12:32 AM
next weekend is cool
Posted via Mobile Device

Sound Wave
September 1st, 2009, 12:55 AM
actually, i was talking about this coming weekend. i am free saturday morning if it works for you guys.

dkstariob
September 3rd, 2009, 02:31 AM
Saturday is cool for me. And Mike sorry about the lack of communication, I really wanted to eat those wings and I don't remember if I gave you my number or not. My cell phone is deactivated for a month and I am using my home phone which I don't use much since I am never around. Basically I use my gf's cell when she's around.

Gary, a good day would be Sunday too because there's a guy that takes pictures of bikers going past Sandys. www.808shots.com He uploads them on this site. Pretty damn good quality pics. Just let me know. My home number is 737-7705.

Sound Wave
September 3rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
oh wow. i didn't know there was a guy who takes pics on sundays. sunday unfortunately is not good for me. my nephew and his friend are flying in from japan that morning. they are going to be staying with us for the week and i gotta go pick him up from the airport.

i gotta definitely ride by that area one day though. would be great to have some riding pics of myself.

Sound Wave
September 4th, 2009, 08:40 AM
we gotta finalize the plans if we are going tomorrow. if you guys want to go round top first and after that the hanauma route, then we can meet at my place since it is pretty close to my condo.... at say 730? i don't know. dennis i can pm you the address... michael has been to my place before.

if we are going to skip round top and go straight to hanauma bay, then i suppose we can meet at kapiolani community college, since it is closer to dennis' place. the lower parking lot where the exercise stuff and bathroom are? same time? 730?

michael, if you are unfamiliar with that area, we can meet up at my place first and we can head over after that.

just throwing out some ideas since we are running out of time to plan this.

which sounds better?

dkstariob
September 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
7:30 am? i can come meet you at your place. i got your pm.

istreefitty
September 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM
yea Ill be there at 730 sounds great now I need to find some chrome polish

Sound Wave
September 5th, 2009, 01:12 AM
great. i told my friend that we were going and he said that he wanted to come along. technically, i didn't invite him, but oh well. lol. he has a yellow gsxr 750.

anyways, see you guys at 730 at my place then. should be fun. :)

kkim
September 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM
have fun! :thumbup:

ride safe
:)

ungluck
November 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
anyone on Oahu? westside?eastside..wea eva!!

shoootts

ungluck
November 30th, 2010, 11:35 PM
jus tryin to see if anyone wants to ride...never thought a 250 would be so fun!!

dyeforever
December 1st, 2010, 11:09 PM
My brother and I both ride but we're on the big island. kkim over on kauai. not sure if there is anyone on here that from oahu.

ungluck
December 2nd, 2010, 12:44 AM
i know misa is....

whom we've met, but i see other 250's on the road and some thumpers too.

jus wanna go for a ride!!

dkstariob
December 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Yo I'm in Oahu. What's up!

ungluck
December 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
howzit!!

we gotta get a ride gathered or something snap some pics, shoot some vid!!

you in town? i'm ewa side

kkim
December 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
here's another member on oahu...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/member.php?u=4304

ungluck
December 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
thanks kim..i actually know misa!! my wife and have met her and she is good people!! great vids too!

dkstariob
December 2nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah I'm in town. Down for a ride.

ungluck
December 3rd, 2010, 02:08 AM
ost excellent..perhaps next weekend? or even a weekday!!

ungluck
December 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM
day ride this week anyone??

ungluck
December 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM
headin out!! ewa to pearl ridge to sandy's to where ever!!:thumbup:

ungluck
December 25th, 2010, 06:49 PM
saw two blacks and a red today and a red and a blue yesterday... and i see em every where now...

ungluck
January 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
went to bike nite this past week..saw 3 other ninjette's..one a special edition..they should find this site.

mike
January 3rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
I wish!

dkstariob
January 3rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I work 7 days a week. If you want to fight traffic with me after work (I go from Aiea to Kaimuki) and Kaimuki to Aiea in the mornings, then you're more than welcome to join. Haha. Let me know what your schedule is like.

kenji_808
January 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
i live ewa beach im down for a ride dis week...especially now before school starts up next week

kkim
January 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
(I go from Aiea to Kaimuki) and Kaimuki to Aiea in the mornings, then you're more than welcome to join.

that is one sucky commute. :(

ungluck
February 1st, 2011, 02:35 PM
hey guys..jus saw this..didn't get the emails.

i'm in ewa beach as well.

i am training up for HPD academy so i pretty much do some side work,working out,studying and preparing.so i'm down for whenever

hit my cell.. 970-980-9872

-chris

kkim
February 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
hey guys..jus saw this..didn't get the emails.

have you configured your control panel to receive emails on replies? if not, that may be the reason. ;)

ungluck
February 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
thought i had...i will double check

Yasko
February 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM
I'm stuck at home in the ice in Texas....Man I wish I was with you guys...

kenji_808
February 2nd, 2011, 01:45 AM
anyone else down for an oahu cruise?

Live2ride
February 2nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
If you cover the costs for my bike an I to get there and back then I'll ride with you all day everyday :thumbup:

ungluck
February 2nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
lol..maybe when i come back to visit the ol NoVA area.

i'm down..gotta go do some paperwork for the car at staefarm today then nothing else planned

ungluck
February 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
anyone for this week?

kenji_808
February 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM
im down

ungluck
February 14th, 2011, 06:49 PM
sweettt..when u feelin like a ride :]

ungluck
February 18th, 2011, 01:29 AM
saturday ride oahu??? anyone??

kenji_808
February 18th, 2011, 10:22 AM
im down for saturday, its my day off

ungluck
February 19th, 2011, 01:05 AM
saturday feb 19th 2pm in town..message me or look for me on the facebook page..

meet spot to be announced.

so far 3 250's and a couple 600's..head east is the plan, maybe grab some food?:thumbup:
shooottss

Sound Wave
February 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
did you guys go? any pics?

ungluck
February 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
we did..i took my gopro..but forgot to charge it..so i got a two vids..one goin alewa then down to go meet everyone..then it died..

we had 3 ninjettes, an older ninja600, a cruiser and an R1. was good times!!:thumbup:
need to get more of us out there!!

ungluck
February 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
South Seasin Waipahu is having a ride/meet thing on friay for their 25th anniv.

530pm-9pm..music,food,etc should be cool..anyone wanna meet up and ride in?? i know one person who is going, gonna try and get the roomie to go, convince the wife to climb on the back perhaps..never actually ridden with a passenger..so i'm gonan try to get her on today and tomorrow for practice.

anyway..her is a link to their facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186518644719900

ungluck
March 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
anyone down for a ride this week? saw two blue 250r's on ft.weaver this week..never seen em before..i usually see the two reds and the black ones..that means 4 or 5 blues new gens in ewa beach

kenji_808
March 21st, 2011, 03:32 PM
im on spring break this week so im down for anyday except friday, i goin on a moped cruise again with some friends

dkstariob
March 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
I live in Kaimuki and I work in Aiea M-F 8-5. I usually pick up my girl and then hit the YMCA and then afterwards eat and sleep so weekdays I definitely cannot. However, Saturdays and Sundays are good. Just let me know guys. Sorry, for the late replies. Would love to meet some fellow 250 riders. I only know how to do oil changes and cleaning the chain. 714-402-6212

ungluck
March 21st, 2011, 08:51 PM
i can't sunday..i got HPD oreintation and then i wanna try and make sand drags as well.

so saturday would be awesome???..early..midday..whateva...

i'm down for a weekday ride as well!!

kenji_808
March 21st, 2011, 11:23 PM
im down for saturday, leaning more towards late morning like around 10.

I might be working later that afternoon,but I'll find out my schedule tomorrow so i'll u guys know

ungluck
March 22nd, 2011, 12:04 AM
sounds good..plans forming...

Sound Wave
March 22nd, 2011, 12:41 AM
i work until at least noon on saturday. if you guys go early afternoon, i may be able to tag along. if morning is better for you guys, no worries. maybe i can meet up some other time.

where were you guys planning on going?

Sound Wave
March 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
well, never mind. just go when you guys were planning on going. can't make it. one of these days. :(

my friend and i are going to cut a hole in my hood and install my shaker hood scoop. hopefully it goes well. scary stuff.

if the weather is nice, i am going riding with my friend on sunday instead. have fun.

ungluck
March 24th, 2011, 02:04 AM
a shaker hood scoop?? on what? damn..somepeopel are riding thursday and friday...i think i have 3 days of riding ahead of me... sunday i cannot, i have HPD orientation on sunday then wife day

Sound Wave
March 24th, 2011, 02:23 AM
shaker scoop on my mustang. it will be functional, but won't really add any power. should look nice though. :)

ungluck
March 24th, 2011, 02:58 AM
ahh..got ya..i didn't know what you were saying for a second, bu tnow the visual popped in my head!!:thumbup:

riding tomorrow and friday..both morning rides...and saturday obviously..not sure who is joining me friday with the people..but tomorrow and sat kenji will be riding with and sat is a couple people as well.

ungluck
March 24th, 2011, 07:31 PM
meet 915am wendys by cycle city...route will be discussed there..got some ideas..this saturday.:thumbup:

ungluck
March 24th, 2011, 10:27 PM
sorry make that meet at 8am saturday at the wendys behind cycle city by airport..

Davis937
April 7th, 2011, 11:10 PM
anyone on Oahu? westside?eastside..wea eva!!

shoootts

Howzit, Chris ... I'm a newbie rider and just picked up my first ninja two days ago (2007 250r). I've been on the Kalanianaole Hwy and Nimitiz Hwy and the bike manages itself well. In your opinion, can the bike keep up with traffic (and the steep grade) on the Like Like and Pali Hwys? How about riding on the H-1 and H-2? Let me know ... I'm going to say "Mahalo" in advance for your and anyone else's thoughts / comments!

kkim
April 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
rollo... you on oahu?

ungluck
April 7th, 2011, 11:31 PM
it does just fine on the highways..up likelike i tend to stay in 5th and if it's windy..i tuckup, get streamlined.

do you perhaps need your bike raised at all? someone jus asked me for my stock links for a friend of theirs, just curious is that was you lol

congrats on the purchase, i love this bike, i miss the power of a 600 or 750, but other than that, it has more than enough power to get you in plenty of trouble and danger. we will probably do a ride here shortly..i have PRK surgery tomorrow so i will be unable to ride for a touch over a week, but feel free to get ahold of me or kenji or whatnot..i ride everyday, i have a 2010 plasma blue..i live out in Ewa.

here is my cell:
970-980-9872

-chris

Davis937
April 8th, 2011, 01:00 AM
rollo... you on oahu?

... yeah, on Oahu ... but ... I'd rather be on Kauai. You have a beautiful island there ... just way too much concrete and too many high rises on Oahu. Must be fun riding there ...

Davis937
April 8th, 2011, 01:03 AM
it does just fine on the highways..up likelike i tend to stay in 5th and if it's windy..i tuckup, get streamlined.

do you perhaps need your bike raised at all? someone jus asked me for my stock links for a friend of theirs, just curious is that was you lol

congrats on the purchase, i love this bike, i miss the power of a 600 or 750, but other than that, it has more than enough power to get you in plenty of trouble and danger. we will probably do a ride here shortly..i have PRK surgery tomorrow so i will be unable to ride for a touch over a week, but feel free to get ahold of me or kenji or whatnot..i ride everyday, i have a 2010 plasma blue..i live out in Ewa.

here is my cell:
970-980-9872

-chris

Howzit Chris ... and "mahalos" for the information. Do you take your bike on H-1 or H-2? How does it handle on the freeways? Thanks for the group ride offer ... I'm definitely a newbie and feel a little "shame" to be riding with ... hmmm ... real riders. One of these days ...

kkim
April 8th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Kauai is nice... I used to live on Oahu before moving here. Other than family, I don't miss it as it has grown a bit too much for me.

You are fortunate, though, that you have a lot of 250 riders there. Having good friends to share with is one of the best things about motorcycling. Enjoy the new bike and be sure to join in on their rides. Be safe. :thumbup:

Sound Wave
April 8th, 2011, 01:25 AM
rollo, the 250 handles just fine on all the roads around here. i never remember it ever struggling to get around... even when i was packing my wife. the one thing that is scary about it is that heavy winds tend to blow the 250 around quite a bit. when going around kalanianaole hwy down to sandy's it is really scary when the winds pick up.

that is one thing i like about my honda. the crosswinds may sometimes blow my head all around, but never my 550 lb bike. :)

Davis937
April 8th, 2011, 01:28 AM
rollo, the 250 handles just fine on all the roads around here. i never remember it ever struggling to get around... even when i was packing my wife. the one thing that is scary about it is that heavy winds tend to blow the 250 around quite a bit. when going around kalanianaole hwy down to sandy's it is really scary when the winds pick up.

that is one thing i like about my honda. the crosswinds may sometimes blow my head all around, but never my 550 lb bike. :)

Howzit Gary ... and mahalo for the information ... I guess I just need to get myself comfortable on those BIG roads ... gulp!

Sound Wave
April 8th, 2011, 01:35 AM
i was on the h1 the second time i took out my bike. it wasn't as scary as i thought it would be. but yeah, don't rush things if you don't feel you are ready.

Davis937
April 8th, 2011, 01:43 AM
i was on the h1 the second time i took out my bike. it wasn't as scary as i thought it would be. but yeah, don't rush things if you don't feel you are ready.

Thanks ... I'm thinking the H1 (around Pearl city / Waipahu) and the H2 would be the hairiest ... yeah, I think the wind (and wind blast from rigs and buses) would be bad.

ungluck
April 8th, 2011, 02:38 AM
yeah big cross winds can make ya creep halfway across a lane...you just lean a little and keep moving. and the draft off a large semi can do the same...no biggie, it happens to 600's too.

group riding is good..i typically take up the rear and we stick the less confident or experienced in the middle..group riding can be great cos you can see and apply techniques,tactics,etc and ask questions and so on.

def should come out and ride with us man!!

Davis937
April 8th, 2011, 02:56 AM
yeah big cross winds can make ya creep halfway across a lane...you just lean a little and keep moving. and the draft off a large semi can do the same...no biggie, it happens to 600's too.

group riding is good..i typically take up the rear and we stick the less confident or experienced in the middle..group riding can be great cos you can see and apply techniques,tactics,etc and ask questions and so on.

def should come out and ride with us man!!

... thanks for the encouragement and support. Mahalo!

Davis937
April 10th, 2011, 11:45 PM
On Saturday morning I ran into a group of about 12 - 15 Ninjas (obviously a group ride) around the Sandy Beach area. The riders were heading Koko Head (while I was heading toward Waimanalo) on Kalanianaole Highway (around 11:30 a.m.). Was wondering if there was some kind of a planned group ride ...
Mahalo!

ungluck
April 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
wasn't any of the 250 guys/girls...we would've waved you down or posted here...

i def know it wasn't me cos i had PRK on friday

Davis937
April 12th, 2011, 12:58 AM
wasn't any of the 250 guys/girls...we would've waved you down or posted here...

i def know it wasn't me cos i had PRK on friday

Hey, Chris ... howzit ... and thanks for your reply. I figured it probably wasn't you guyz (you usually let everyone know in advance about group rides). Looked like they had some nice looking wahine riding ... not that I noticed or anything ... I gave my biker's wave ... but ... they didn't seem too impressed with my 2007 ninja (no return wave) ... excuse me, sistah! BTW ... what does PRK mean (you know I'm a newbie)? Mahalo and ride safe ...

ungluck
April 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
lol, all good bruddah dave

there is alot fo 250's on the island..but i have yet, in my 4 years here, seen a group of them unless they are with me and kenji or with miss808

but..who knows!!!

there are a couple of ninja clubs on island though, 600's and up of course lol

PRK is an vision correction surgery

Davis937
April 13th, 2011, 01:43 AM

there is alot fo 250's on the island..but i have yet, in my 4 years here, seen a group of them unless they are with me and kenji or with miss808

but..who knows!!!

there are a couple of ninja clubs on island though, 600's and up of course lol

PRK is an vision correction surgery

Hey Chris ... thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, I'm not used to seeing such a large group of Ninjas so it definitely caught my eye (... to say nothing about that pretty rider in the tank top). I don't think they were 650s ... sure looked like 250s to me ... but ... I have to confess that my eyes "sometimes, no work so good!" Thanks for the PRK explanation ... I had two eye surgeries last year. Mahalo!

Davis937
April 17th, 2011, 11:48 PM

Hey, Chris ... Aloha ... guess what ... I was driving my truck this morning heading to Hawaii Kai on Kalanianaole around 11:15 a.m. Anyway, I ran into a group of ninjas (about 15 - 20 of them and most looked like they were 250s ... all newer models ... I guess you guys call them post-generation). It was a larger group than last week and they were heading Ewa near Aina Haina. I took a better look at them this week (couldn't spot the pretty one) ... somehow I get the feeling that they were military riders (but I could be wrong).

Sound Wave
April 17th, 2011, 11:50 PM
it is strange that none of them are members on this forum.

ungluck
April 17th, 2011, 11:55 PM
yes..it is...me and justen(kenji808) see tons out here in Ewa/Kapolei..but we are realizing their just stationed here typically, sooo yeah..lol

man, when u gonna ride wit us?? also, i looked at yer recent pics of yer stang..fukn cherry man..you gotta some work in that thing!!

Sound Wave
April 18th, 2011, 12:03 AM
when are you guys going riding again? i got some things to do this week, but i am on vacation until next monday. let me know if you guys are going again. gotta warn you though... i ride pretty slow. also... not sure why, but my steering felt heavy yesterday.

lol. thanks. yeah, the mustang is my money pit. sad part is that i still would get my ass kicked by your car though.

getting blue valve covers installed and re-tuning my car tomorrow.

i just changed my steering wheel. some time this week gotta wire up my car's shift light... never ending.

ungluck
April 18th, 2011, 01:02 AM
no way..yer car, with it's immediate torque and easily boost jump..would be a good run, anyway, it's fukn sleeper anyway!!

so yeah...i am down anyday but wed...i got a urolugist appt for check em make sure they fire blanks and then an eye appt for my 14 day check on my PRK..so i am down prety much anytime :]

Sound Wave
April 18th, 2011, 01:08 AM
well, that is good because wednesday isn't that great for me either. which ever other day works for the others.

ungluck
April 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
i'm free today like a mofo..wanna ride? go grab some grindz somewhere?? i haven't eaten breakfast still..soo the monster is gettin upset...

text me, you got my #?

970-980-9872

Sound Wave
April 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
i had nothing planned for the afternoon, so i made an appointment for 1:45. then, since i am borrowing my wife's car, i gotta go pick her up at about 3:15. i think it is going to be cutting it too close if we try to go now.

this morning would have been good. :(

ungluck
April 19th, 2011, 02:12 PM
ddaamnnniiitttt lol..

who's down for a thursday morning ride then?

Sound Wave
April 20th, 2011, 08:27 PM
ddaamnnniiitttt lol..

who's down for a thursday morning ride then?

hey.... wasn't it friday you had earlier? :confused: i guess i read it wrong and went ahead and made plans for tomorrow at 1000. friday morning or the weekend would be better. unless you want to go for an early and short ride tomorrow.

are there any interesting roads on the ewa side? i can't think of any.

where do you guys usually go?

ungluck
April 21st, 2011, 12:08 PM
nah..we're doin neji's valve stuff and some other things friday :\

ungluck
April 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
we usually go anywhere....no where specifically..

Sound Wave
April 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM
ah, ok. well, some other time then.

Davis937
April 22nd, 2011, 01:48 AM
ah, ok. well, some other time then.

Hey Gary ... howzit ... sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread ... but ... I just noticed that you're riding a Honda ... so what's the story (behind the story) ... I assume you owned a ninja 250 at one time ... why the switch ... just curious (you probably explained all of this somewhere / someplace / sometime / but I missed it ... sorry!)

Davis937
April 22nd, 2011, 01:53 AM
Hey everyone ... howzit ... as you know, the last two weekends I ran into two rather large groups of ninja riders (Koko Head side) ... I'm curious to see if I spark any ninja groups this weekend (I'm thinking weekend warriors ... literally, warriors, as in military) ... maybe I'll see that pretty rider with the word "Dad" tattooed on her left arm ("born to raise hell" on the other arm)!

Sound Wave
April 22nd, 2011, 02:02 AM
the 250 was enough for me, but i tried packing my wife on it and it caused her too much pain. she has rheumatoid arthritis and had both of her knees and her left elbow replaced. i was contemplating between a cruiser or a sports tourer. decided on the sports tourer. she was much more comfortable on the honda... figures though that over time she kind of lost interest in riding with me. oh well.

Davis937
April 23rd, 2011, 10:47 AM
the 250 was enough for me, but i tried packing my wife on it and it caused her too much pain. she has rheumatoid arthritis and had both of her knees and her left elbow replaced. i was contemplating between a cruiser or a sports tourer. decided on the sports tourer. she was much more comfortable on the honda... figures though that over time she kind of lost interest in riding with me. oh well.

... thanks ... yeah, the Honda is a pretty impressive looking bike (looks like a black monster ... and I mean that affectionately). I guess it's also quite a large bike -- over 500 pounds (... and little guy me can barely manage the 250 LOL). How do you like the bike? How does it handle? Noticeable power upgrade -- must be nice. Was wondering if you bought the bike new or used? Sorry to hear about your wife ... having to deal with a chronic condition can be challenging. Glad she's enjoying the new bike ... LOL ... yeah, makes sense that she doesn't ride much anymore. Happens every time, 'bruddah!

Sound Wave
April 23rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
don't want to get off topic, but i bought the bike new. it is a 2008. afaik, they didn't bring in the 2009s because honda america had such a huge surplus of 07s and 08s.

the removable saddle bags are great to hold my tire pump, tire repair kit, helmet and jacket, but it detracts from the style.

being a sports tourer, it has a semi-relaxed riding position, but i think my next bike i am going to go for one that is fully upright.

my bike has the ABS, so i think it weighs about 550 lbs. once you get moving, it handles quite well... not as agile as the 250, but not as bad as one would imagine. trying to walk it around is kind of hard though. especially trying to back it out of a parking stall that is on a slope. i can't quite flat foot it like i could with the ninja, which doesn't help.

there is a lot of power. being a larger displacement engine, there seems to be a much more usable power band. i have never ridden a 600 super sport, but i hear you gotta get into the upper rpms to get to the power.

overall, i am happy with my bike. since my wife doesn't ride with me anymore, i may look for another bike in a year or so. one that doesn't have to consider the passenger's comfort.

ungluck
April 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
in 2007 i diagnosed with SLE..so i know how she feels, very hard thing to have. I've been fortunate with it going into remission due to some lifestyle changes, and not the kin dmost would think, pretty had to drop my career,etc.

good to know she can ride again with you,etc. very cool.

woke up early, piled the dogs in the car, me and wife met some friends who happen to be our dogs best dogs friends(their dogs). great day for waimea..awesome time.

i think this is more of a "hawaii peeps" thread now anyway lol not just group rides lol

Sound Wave
April 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
looks like a great day for a ride. going to head out in about 20 minutes. going over the pali and around sandy beach then back to town. holidays that fall on a sunday are the best for riding. :D

Sound Wave
April 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM
btw, sorry ungluck to hear about your condition. glad that it is now in remission.

Davis937
April 24th, 2011, 12:47 PM
in 2007 i diagnosed with SLE..so i know how she feels, very hard thing to have. I've been fortunate with it going into remission due to some lifestyle changes, and not the kin dmost would think, pretty had to drop my career,etc.

Hey Chris ... Aloha ... and glad that your condition is better. Rode around Sandys yesterday but didn't run into that large ninja group. Happy Easter!

Davis937
April 24th, 2011, 12:50 PM
looks like a great day for a ride. going to head out in about 20 minutes. going over the pali and around sandy beach then back to town. holidays that fall on a sunday are the best for riding. :D

Hey Gary ... I'm looking out my window and thinking it's a great day for a ride. I'll be busy with family "stuffs" today, but there's no harm in day dreaming. Enjoy the ride, and take care of that "monster" of yours LOL ... ride safe!

Sound Wave
April 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM
just came back from my ride. i did see one group of about 6 and there was one girl on a red 250. was wearing a helmet and t-shirt. i waved at them, but they ignored me. whatevers.

it was a nice ride. had more cars than i was hoping for though.

Davis937
April 24th, 2011, 01:17 PM
just came back from my ride. i did see one group of about 6 and there was one girl on a red 250. was wearing a helmet and t-shirt. i waved at them, but they ignored me. whatevers.

it was a nice ride. had more cars than i was hoping for though.

Hmmm ... don't think that was the same group but it might have been. The groups I ran into were large -- at least 10 or 12 riders. Also, I had the distinct feeling they were in the military. So, tell me some more about the lady in red, LOL ... You married guys can only look. I, on the other hand ... I'm glad that you had a good ride! Take care ...

ungluck
April 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM
there are tons and tons fo 250's here..saw 4 today..none of them look liek they give a damn about others lol.

no worries bout my SLE, it adds to my invisibility :]

i get small flares now and again, but meh..it mostly interferes with my car building if i get reaallyy really dirty, like diesel work.

anyway, anyone wanna try plan a ride this week or weekend? we jsut did kenji's snorkel delete, valve check and shimming. his bike now runs awesome. i may pull my stock muffler apart, pack it, and such to keep it stock looking, and do a K&N, snorkel delete and needle shimming as well.

ungluck
April 24th, 2011, 08:31 PM
btw..me and the misses ridin with friends to yoks last weekend...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/UNGLUCK/metinksonninja1.jpg

Sound Wave
April 25th, 2011, 01:13 AM
i am on call for the hospital this week starting tomorrow afternoon until the following monday morning. if anything, the next time i would be able to go is maybe saturday may 7th in the afternoon ( i work until noon) or sunday may 8th. :(

yeah, i know.... my schedule sucks.

Davis937
April 25th, 2011, 01:20 AM
i am on call for the hospital this week starting tomorrow afternoon until the following monday morning. if anything, the next time i would be able to go is maybe saturday may 7th in the afternoon ( i work until noon) or sunday may 8th. :(

yeah, i know.... my schedule sucks.

Hey Gary ... yeah ... you working guys just ... hmmm ... work too hard!

ungluck
April 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
that sounds fine..whichever day is better man!!

just keep us posted till then, for me...i don't see any plans currently lol. when is mothers day weekend again??

ungluck
April 26th, 2011, 12:31 AM
got an HID setup from kenji today..he had a spare...gonna do some wiring and a new timing belt setup on the car then slap in the HID to the ninja..very awesome..

kenji_808
April 26th, 2011, 01:24 AM
damn i cant make it if u guys go out on may 7 or 8...i have drill that weekend

whats everyone's schedule like so we can schedule a big cruise with everyone here and the youtube vloggers?

ungluck
April 26th, 2011, 01:37 AM
i'm down whenever man...

Sound Wave
April 26th, 2011, 01:55 AM
well, maybe some other time then.

kenji, what branch are you in? i used to be in the army reserves 100th bn 442nd inf div. I was a medic....

kenji_808
April 26th, 2011, 02:17 AM
im in the army national guard, 15B 777th ASB

planning the next ride sometime in the last 2 weeks of may.... is that enough lead time for everyone to get their schedules straight?

Sound Wave
April 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
gonna be in atlantic city, then back on call during that time period.

Green Monstah Gurl
May 1st, 2011, 11:50 PM
i'm transplanted in san francisco but fly back home to honolulu about every other month. know any good bike shops that sell arai helmets? i hate paying the 9.25%tax but last time i went to the shops by the airport and it was pretty skim to none for accessories etc.

tanks ah fo any feedback~ k den:thumbup:

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
cycle sports in iwilei has some pretty reasonable prices. i bought my shoei there.

ungluck
May 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
no riding for about a month..i'm all fuct up:(

Davis937
May 2nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
no riding for about a month..i'm all fuct up:(

Hey Chris ... sorry to hear you're down (... but, hopefully not out). Hope you feel better soon ... Take good care!

Davis937
May 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Aloha ... anyone have electricity out there ... I see where good old HECO has come through again. No power on the Windward side ... Kaneohoe, Kailua, and Waimanalo are all without electricity. How about the other parts of Oahu?

ungluck
May 2nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
got it here in ewa beach:thumbup:

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
town is still fine. heco is my neighbor, but that didn't help us the last time around.

got a front row seat to a mean ass lightning storm through my home office window. tried getting pictures of some bolts, but i gave up.

chris, what happened?

Davis937
May 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
i'm transplanted in san francisco but fly back home to honolulu about every other month. know any good bike shops that sell arai helmets? i hate paying the 9.25%tax but last time i went to the shops by the airport and it was pretty skim to none for accessories etc.

tanks ah fo any feedback~ k den:thumbup:

Hey, monstah ... you're not also a tansplanted Bostonian are you? It looks like you're a Red Sox fan (... of course I'm a Yankee supporter -- LOL).

Green Monstah Gurl
May 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
born and raised homegrown Oahuuuuuuuuuuuu

thanks for the tip on the shop, i'll check it out....can't stand that traffic ew i don't travel in the afternoon, i'm so spoiled centrally located

oh and whoever asked about the sports, ....in laws are from MA, got adopted/married into the red sox nation before 04 when they WON THE SERIES heh heh, love it new england fans are best sports fans in nation to me personal opinion, not everyone's perfect it's ok you're a yankees fan, too bad you can't sell out that new stadium ha ha

i see kurt suzuki play all the time here for the A's, i like them too but they can't keep a good team together, always trading good guys, junk....

ride safe peeps

kenji_808
May 3rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
u can also try south seas harley in waipahu... their customer service is awesome especially their main parts guy ron, the can get ur parts in about a week if its not on back order

i just ordered an arai from them on april 18 but it was on backorder till last week friday, but according to arai america their production just started back up late last week due to the fact that their factory is less than 100 miles from the tsunami impact zone so the delay was understandable.

oh yeah chris the k&n drop worked perfectly on the bike, the power curve is silky smooth from a stand still...

BTW sorry to hear bout the accident, just lmk if u need me to take ur bike around the neighborhood to keep the gas from spoiling, or just some company since im about to go on summer break in about 2 weeks

ungluck
May 8th, 2011, 03:05 PM
soo tomorrow is the decider of wether i need to have my collar bone broken and get some titanium screws and plates to set it....the lower/center section is goin down and the upper part is goin over my shoulder...crack in my scapula may be grabbing some muscle and nerve..that **** is painful, on par with broken ribs.

so yeah..def would like for ya to give her a ride and such. i wanna know how she's doin with the k&N..i hope she isn't so rich now, that slow starts are 52mpg was startin to get old, ran like hell up top though!! maybe she'll smooth out.

i hope i can be riding in a few weeks. i'm dyin

kkim
May 8th, 2011, 03:08 PM
okay, I give up... wtf happened? :suspicious:

ungluck
May 8th, 2011, 03:51 PM
went and fixed a friends bike. it was bought about a year and a half ago. has about 6 miles from the ride home when bought. it has just sat in the carport..wanted to see it...it's really, brand freakin new. wouldn't start or run, so i pulled the carbs, cleaned em up and reset everything. got it dialed in, and running. after a final cool down and cold start then cold and warm ride, i was goin around the hood...it was raining, took a corner too fast, tyres didn't wanna stick..they were def not as sticky as mine with miles on em. she started to slide, i said everyman for himself and dove off into a roll...except i found the curb with my shoulder/back...

got up..kne wi was fuct up. finish my test ride, went back. had a beer, told em what happened. pulled the headlight bezel/fairing so i could take it to my buddy for paint.

went to ER..they did an ok job but wouldn't listen to me explain the pain in other places. they took x-rays of my collar bone..had a doc appointment..they found the other stuff.

my neck, the two seperated vertabrea...can't really do much for em, but the collarbone and such may be worse than first thought. sp we'll see.

was funny, talkin to a buddy of mine. i've been blown up by rpg's, IED's, makeshift car bombs, fukn crazy assholes tryin to run grenades into camp and ****. shot at,shot,stabbed. and not all of those in the sand box...croatia,serbia, egypt, eastern africa, and other places.

i always walked away with minor injuries..and a damn bike took me out in the rain. goodtimes!!

kkim
May 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
wow, chris... sounds serious. sorry to hear of your injuries. time frame to being healed?

ungluck
May 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
well..typically the upper ac dislocation will mend it's self...it will slowly slid eback down and mend...but mine keeps popping back up and has begun hurting my muscles in my neck and shoulder...so they wanna give it a week and then check it and decide if it needs to be set with surgery.

i dislocated my shoulder but i put that back in with the help of my friend at the house..been there done that. the scapula piece they can just cut in and take out and i don't need it..it will kind of grow back.

the muscle and nerve damage is kinda worrisome.

happens, i wasn't be safe and it cost me. was my own fault, don't feel sorry for me. i did it to myself lol

ungluck
May 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
well..had a nic elong convo after some stuff with the doc yesterday..pretty much told me my back and neck are so trashed it's too much of a risk to do anything, most injuries i get to them will be amplified due to my injuries with battalion...

as for my scapula...he made a quick incision and removed the floater, but the crack just has to heal. shoulder looks good, got some torn muscles, but i still haven't lost my touch with reinstallation lol collarbone..it's slowly going back on it's own, just proves again, i am a superheo...and even though i don't wera my superhero suit everyday, i still got it..gonna be a long tight/painful recovery for my collarbone and shoulder and associated muscles but i'm good..whew..no surgery needed.

but..i can't ride for 3-5 weeks. doc's orders..i see him in 2 weeks :\

ungluck
May 10th, 2011, 07:50 PM
scratch that..bike may go up for sale...50/50 right now...

Sound Wave
May 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
wow.... that sucks. still better that you hit your shoulder on the curb than your head.

hoping you have a speedy and full recovery.

ungluck
May 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
helmet ;)

sale is not due to injuries at all...just trying to be prepared if an offer for a job were to go through and i can finally move us out of the islands...which is our main goal for a couple years.

the riding season there is..not very long lol

eitherway..i have my fingers crossed, bigtime. would be an amazing job and a decent area, but we could travel to colorado..las vegas,etc,etc

ungluck
May 16th, 2011, 02:58 PM
i am dyin to ride...

:( let's set something up for two weeks from now

ungluck
May 19th, 2011, 01:01 PM
said eff it and rode to an eye doc appointment yesterday..from kapolei to alamoana

not bad..minus the numb hands and throbbing neck lol

crazy how weak my clutch hand is due to this, i was struggiling for awhile, had alot of forearm pump.

just had to stay relaxed.

anyway, beign as i am now out of the HPD running due to not beign able ot be 100% by academy starts, i am looking for mainland jobs...and i got alot of riding time on my hands now.good..and bad.

i had 7 places call me and tell me i'm over qualified in the last 10 days..such bullshit.

ungluck
May 21st, 2011, 07:55 PM
sorry about my rants..been frustrated with injuries and just being turned down constantly.

anyway..it's time for a ride. who's down and when is a good time!

anyone goin to bike night on the 26th?

ungluck
May 28th, 2011, 02:36 AM
me and kenji did a smallkine ride today after sorting some issues on his ride.

my fat ass needs more riding so i can lose some weight, it def helps sweating and using some muscles.

why is it so quiet in here lately!!??

ungluck
June 5th, 2011, 12:57 AM
??????

ungluck
June 21st, 2011, 01:36 PM
seen an influx of new 250 riders on the west side and in town..suddenly a lot fo female 250 riders too..and not a single one waves or says anything when i direct them here or whatnot..

best part..the last 4 or 5..all just jeans,tshirt helmet...ahhh lesigh. military brats and spouses,etc

dkstariob
June 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Female riders in Hawaii think they're too cool to wave back, so don't take offense.

I know I'm supposed to wear ATGATT, but I'm guilty of doing the same thing.

ungluck
June 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
apparently..i told a girl on a white Se the other day to pay attenton..cos she was tailgating me in my cage...and she was payin more attention to her ipod/iphone and the sidewalks than what was in front of her..

anyway..it's cool to see so many ninjettes..but wish more were cool people and responsible.

Sound Wave
June 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
suddenly a lot fo female 250 riders too..and not a single one waves or says anything when i direct them here or whatnot..

maybe they were too scared to let go of the handlebar to wave? idk. nah.

you sure they saw you? sometimes people wave at me and by the time i realize it, they had already passed me.

dkstariob, even after you went down in your t-shirt, you still don't wear gear huh? lol.

ungluck
June 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
gahh..down in a tshirt..eff that

Sound Wave
June 21st, 2011, 08:07 PM
we get some people that come in to our ER who don't wear gear and have some pretty extensive road rash.

i KIND OF feel sorry for them.... but not really.

ungluck
June 21st, 2011, 08:13 PM
i wouldn't..i need new kevlar pants man...cos denim holds up for only so many feet lol

Sound Wave
June 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
well, if you get the draggin jeans, my personal experience is that the utility jeans were too baggy. the cortech denims fit me pretty good, but they are only leather lined. i have since gone back to textile vented armored pants. just personal preference.

ungluck
June 21st, 2011, 09:09 PM
that was actually my next idea...they seem to have really come a long way and are much much more sturdy

Gorilla25
June 21st, 2011, 11:15 PM
im down for a cruze....i need my bike first :( ...in the process :/

ungluck
June 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
process of purchasing or MSF or just PCS'd/orders..??

welcome to da islands:thumbup:

Gorilla25
June 22nd, 2011, 01:08 AM
im originally from kauai, im on oahu for school...i did my MSF earlier this month and got my license the monday after. I am currently in the process of purchasing a bike...red 2010 ninja 250r with 1300 miles...the dude needs to get back to me..he says he g2 talk 2 the bank or something...he owes 5k and we agreed i'd pick it up for 3.5k. he says he should get back to me by sunday...damn...gettin ansy already..i wanna ride already :) ...heres the link to the bike im in the process of gettin :http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/2389702030.html

ungluck
June 22nd, 2011, 01:54 AM
ahhhh, i see. kkim is from kauai..well..on, #1 source of awesom ein these forums and he's a local brudda!!

dude..i got my 2010 in 2010..for 5k...BRAND NEW...

so glad your payin less than that, especially since it's been ridin unknowingly by someone..you goin to UH,HPU,etc?

Gorilla25
June 22nd, 2011, 01:58 AM
yepp stoked, but so ansy at the same time....i dont know kkim directly, but im good friends with his son and classmate with his daughter...Im goin to university of phoenix - mililani campus

ungluck
June 22nd, 2011, 02:16 AM
awesome..where are you living. mililani or town?

if u liv ein town..invest is some serious(x2) chains to lock your front ot your rear and then to something unmoveable...you liv ein town and ride everydya..your bike will be targeted...old roomie just had his bike stolen..wasn't living in town but two weeks..another buddy has had 4 bikes stolen.

stinkin humans. not tryin to scare ya, just want you to be aware lol

Gorilla25
June 22nd, 2011, 02:19 AM
damn :( ..i do live in town..i got a kyrptonite chain..i was plannin on gettin a kriptonite disk lock too

ungluck
June 22nd, 2011, 04:15 AM
exactly what he had...

ungluck
June 23rd, 2011, 03:11 AM
got a job interview in the AM..gonna see what montgomery will do for a trade in on the ninja for a new 2010 drz400sm

Gorilla25
June 23rd, 2011, 03:27 AM
nice...what year is your 250r and mileage btw?

ungluck
June 23rd, 2011, 04:09 AM
2010..bough *** in november for the wife to learn on..she dropped it 3 time sin our parking lot..less than 5mph..and one at around 10mph lol.

mileage is 2330. has full roaring toyz lowering kit, K&N air filter, seat is shaved, HID low beam, shogun swing arm spools, shogun frame sliders, shogun barends...uhh..i think i am forgetting something..

it's BLUE...can be seen in anyone of our vids

dkstariob
June 23rd, 2011, 11:48 AM
maybe they were too scared to let go of the handlebar to wave? idk. nah.

you sure they saw you? sometimes people wave at me and by the time i realize it, they had already passed me.

dkstariob, even after you went down in your t-shirt, you still don't wear gear huh? lol.

Yeah. I don't.

Gorilla25
June 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
after you take care of business, do report what kind of deal or not getting the DRZ will be

dkstariob
June 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
got a job interview in the AM..gonna see what montgomery will do for a trade in on the ninja for a new 2010 drz400sm

Nice choice. Those supermotos are super fun. Rode a wrx250 and it was way more fun than the Ninja 250. Also, if you drop it the no problem. Fairings are super cheap too.

ungluck
June 23rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
i talked to some random guy..they want fukn 8k+..i said no..your mental..my buddy works at the ship yard an di knwo someoen here...so i talked to anotehr guy..i was like look, after all is said and done, it does not cost 1400 to get the bike here and prep it..aka put licenses frame on, take it out fo the box...

i am probably gonna put the ninja up for sale on craigslist and forums hawaii..we owe on it cos we got it in nov '10..but we did get an ok deal, and i see higher mileage beat ones goin for crazy prices..so why not..we owe like $4800 i think on it. so with all the goodies it's a bonus.

i think if we sell the ninja..i will offer them $7800..dude said they had like 6 more coming in..so i will strike a deal if i can. unless i can get the job or better one then jus go get it period lol

but my job interview went awesome this am so, thats's good.

Gorilla25
June 23rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
glad the interview went good...aww...i'd pick it up, but its outta my price range...back to waiting for the guy at pearl harbor :/

ungluck
June 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
all good man, i just want what we owe and the parts cost of all the upgraded goodies...

****..i got the lowering kit for $155 shipped..cycle city wants $225 for it and $250 to install..i was like uhh, no. lol

so i got receipts and everything so we'll see.

ungluck
June 23rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
and she's up on craigslist...had a funny number in mind so did it..

in reference to some van halen guitar jokes...anyway...:thumbup:

wife is liking the suzuki S40, cool bike. 650cc thumper..very cool..messed with that today whilst at montgomery

Gorilla25
June 23rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
just saw it on CL...so u live Eva?..haha

ungluck
June 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
yeah we live in Ewa...

me and kenji808 are out here...there are tons of other ninja's but their all like military kids and ****.

ungluck
June 24th, 2011, 03:09 PM
already gettin some emails!! all females, which is the target audience really. since it is setup to be lowered and so on.

Gorilla25
June 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
nice...GL with sale

ungluck
June 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM
thanks....

got 4 emails today. gonna take pics tomorrow and email them.

dkstariob
June 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
thanks....

got 4 emails today. gonna take pics tomorrow and email them.

Good luck. Expect a lot of flakers. Don't hold the bike for anyone until you see some kind of deposit.

ungluck
June 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
oh yeah totally, a few peopel said they got bikes alreayd and stuff, and one guy wants the fairing replaced before purchase...I was like uhh..nooo, that is a large chunk of change and the guy is admitted beginner, this would be first bike.

I meet with a pretty nice girl today, she's interested because fo the lowering kit and such.

we'll see, I don't see it selling actually, a lot of flaky new navy dudes and wives lol or military brats.

anyone down to ride this week? back on topic lol

ungluck
June 27th, 2011, 05:07 PM
keepin the bike..lifed the hea don my ca @35psi yesterday lol jus got the head off..no bueno..full CNC head, blue printed, inconel oversized valves, custom springs, titanium retainers, vwmotprsport lifters, billet cams...tons of money..crap

Gorilla25
June 28th, 2011, 03:31 AM
niiiccceee :)

ungluck
June 28th, 2011, 03:58 AM
not nice..only reason to keep is cos i need transportation or else the bike money would be the start of rebuilding another head.. :(

Gorilla25
June 28th, 2011, 03:59 AM
i see....well one day we shall have a ninjette cruise

ungluck
June 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
i'm free for now pretty much all the time

Sound Wave
July 1st, 2011, 01:57 AM
possible early sunday morning ride like 630 or 700 am?

ride a bit, get breakfast, ride a bit more? i don't know. just a thought.

ungluck
July 1st, 2011, 02:37 AM
i may be down for this!!!

ungluck
July 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM
scored at a job at JN chevy/mazda..found out we get a SICK discount at cycle(ripoff)city..

waitin to hear back from pearl harbor on a job i am actually skilled, qualified and trained to do..not my military background. so gonna try to keep the jn thing part time for the dissccoouunnttt:thumbup:

i see a KTM 690SMC in my future perhaps..

Gorilla25
July 5th, 2011, 01:56 AM
congrats!....tell mike i said wassupp....hes supposed to be gettin me an application too...

ungluck
July 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM
who's mike?

they just fired 36 people...28 were arrested...not sure if he's there lol

embezzlement issues lol

Gorilla25
July 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM
hes a mechanic there. not gonna mention his last name on the WWW tho...he still got his job so hes not part of that case. which cutter do you work at? if its the one near the bike factory and old comp usa, then thats the one he works at

ungluck
July 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM
hes a mechanic there. not gonna mention his last name on the WWW tho...he still got his job so hes not part of that case. which cutter do you work at? if its the one near the bike factory and old comp usa, then thats the one he works at

scored at a job at JN chevy/mazda..found out we get a SICK discount at cycle(ripoff)city..

Gorilla25
July 8th, 2011, 09:16 AM
failed at reading properly...fml

ungluck
July 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
:]

ungluck
July 9th, 2011, 11:15 PM
girl on a black ninjette almost readended me today..i was in the M3...her and friend rider, well, they suck...had hellokitty stickers and a chopped stock exhaust...runnin lean, could smell it as we pulled into the parking lot to get fuel at chevron in kapolei.

don't tailgate, it's stupid especially when you tailgate just inside the corner making it hard to see you out any window or in any mirror.:angry7:

Gorilla25
July 10th, 2011, 03:37 AM
*shakes head*....i wonder if its this bike? http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/2481286301.html

Sound Wave
July 10th, 2011, 04:00 AM
sure seems like the same bike.

ungluck
July 10th, 2011, 01:25 PM
yup..that's the one..HID, blacked out cowl and all.

she was wearing all sorts of black and pink...and not really payin attention.

ungluck
July 31st, 2011, 07:43 PM
we need a group ride :cool:

gonna pay the ninja off next week and keep her..and make her much more custom...color..bars, rearsets..suspension overhaul brakes..etc

anyway...we need a ride!

dkstariob
August 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Sounds good. Hit me up at 714-402-6212 anytime. Sorry about the last time flake out, family medical emergency.

And can someone explain more in detail about the Cycle City arrests and embezzlement? Sounds very interesting. Anyways Cycle City IS a huge ripoff with some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. No one approached me while I was looking at the bikes. Of course, I wasn't going to buy anything but COME ON now. The only thing I would buy from there are the Vespas since they are the only Vespa dealer in town.

ungluck
August 1st, 2011, 11:57 PM
it was a higher up firing of mutiple JN employees(they own cycle city) for numerous embezzlement and fraud charges and such...

it is all true..

Gorilla25
August 2nd, 2011, 12:33 AM
im avail. this sunday afternoon if u guys wanna do a cruise...

Sound Wave
August 2nd, 2011, 02:56 AM
i was planning on going to the range to try out my new rifle. if i can't get my target frame built in time, i may be up for a ride on sunday.

Sound Wave
August 2nd, 2011, 03:54 AM
by the way, any of you guys got rifles that you shoot at the range?

Gorilla25
August 2nd, 2011, 01:11 PM
sorry...dont got 1 yet....thinkin of gettin the PWS in the future tho

ungluck
August 7th, 2011, 06:34 PM
i do..but i don't go to kokohead..though i know people there....

plus..blasting full auto and using the round si use..would draw suspicion lol

pics of rifles/machine guns/carbines/bolt actions/pistols!!!!!

ungluck
August 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM
early morning ride tomorrow anyone?

Gorilla25
August 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
i would, but i have church in the morning

Mountain Dew
August 13th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I might be up for it, but I'm taking my bike in for some service today, not sure if I'll have it back by tomorrow.

@Sound Wave: I have a couple bolt-action .223s and a 9mm pistol. I haven't been to kokohead in a couple months though, so I'm probably really rusty. The last time I shot a pistol though was over a year ago :/

Powerlogix
August 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Hey guys,

I'm getting married in a couple weeks and going to be in Oahu for 8 days in September. Never been to Hawaii so should be fun. I wanted to rent a motorcycle for 2-3 days of it. Any suggestions?

Mountain Dew
August 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I know Cycle City rents Harleys, but I don't know of any other renters/bike types. You might also want to check craigslist if you're comfortable with that (just make sure the ad you're checking is Oahu, not a different island).

Sound Wave
August 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
binh, what kind of a bike were you looking to rent?

i dropped off my bike to get serviced a couple days ago and realized that i am very rusty. i don't think i would be able to keep up with you guys.

Powerlogix
August 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I'm thinking a cruiser since we would be riding 2 up. I haven't book my hotel yet but will soon. I'll let you guys know what area I'm in. Maybe you have some suggestions for me.

Thanks

Sound Wave
August 13th, 2011, 03:52 PM
my friend found one in waikiki when he was visiting. i don't know how much it was though. he rented a harley sportster 883.

this is the one he went to: http://www.max-rental.cc/ hmm..... it is in japanese. then again, he was visiting from japan. i haven't dealt with any of the other ones.

about the ride, i will be able to pick up my bike from the dealership tomorrow. they don't open until 10 am. so if it is an early ride, i wouldn't be able to go anyways.

ungluck
August 13th, 2011, 04:22 PM
some ninjetters from newfound land rented bikes for a few days...you can rent almost anything but a supersport

i have band practice and bbq/drinkydrink tonite..sooo, lemme know so i can only drink a little, hate riding dehydrated

Mountain Dew
August 13th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Gorilla, was that you I was riding next to on Nimitz going towards honolulu?

Gorilla25
August 13th, 2011, 10:52 PM
if today, then no..i was at work all day :( such a beautiful day for riding and beach

Mountain Dew
August 14th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Ah, okay. I was riding next to a black 250J with an aftermarket exhaust. Sounded badass. Stupid me I forgot to ask what it was :p

But like you, I had to spend most of my day down. I didn't have to work or anything, but I had a few issues with my bike that made it nearly unrideable. I finally got it all squared away by about 4pm, but by then, I had to head back home and get ready to go to the movies :/

If a ride is happening tomorrow, I'm still on the fence about it. Feel like I'm coming down with something -.-

ungluck
August 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM
dont rely on me to set somethin gup..i work 70 hour+ weeks now...better job than JN( left after 2 weeks) but hotdamn...i'm getting my arse kicked...nothing beats the smell of cardite@6am

Sound Wave
August 16th, 2011, 11:35 PM
it seems really hard to figure out a day and time that a bunch of people can make it out to. plus the fact that i don't even have a 250 anymore.

ungluck
August 18th, 2011, 12:42 AM
you dont need a 250..someone setup a ride..i jus got home...i went to work at 430am... i dont have time lol

ungluck
August 27th, 2011, 03:33 PM
been seeing more new 250 riders out and about..bmmed a lot of them have tshirt and shoes on...

squaregamer476
August 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
im looking forward for a ninjette cruise. Its rare for me to see any 250s on the road.

ungluck
August 28th, 2011, 01:47 PM
i think me and kenji have seen you several times...on ft.weaver..i mean..in Ewa alone there is about 6/7 250R's lol

9709809872 text me..we'll go ride maybe later today? or tomorrow :thumbup:

Sound Wave
August 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM
im looking forward for a ninjette cruise. Its rare for me to see any 250s on the road.

the ones i have seen around recently are so loud even with the stock exhaust.. i don't remember my 250 being as loud as those.

went for an early morning ride today. it was fun until it started raining. :(

ungluck
August 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
i wanna get some stuff and do a stock exhaust mod for now..maybe even shorten it a bit..but eventually full exhaust.

my contract ended this week so i have free time now..gonna be doin a lot fo packing and cleaning, which i wanna do midday when it's gnarly out..so morning or evening rides are cool..but i am game for midday rides since there is less traffic.

i agree soundwave..saw a new 250..brand effin new..louder than mine. crazy. interested to know why/how

Sound Wave
August 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
i wonder if this is what they are doing? http://vimeo.com/9613554

i mean, i removed my intake silencer, but still, it wasn't as loud as a couple of the 250s i saw.

ungluck
August 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
exactly what i am talking about..remove the cat and the stock baffles..glass pack it..reweld..good to go. shim the carbs and such. bling maybe a couple hp uptop and better sound

ungluck
August 28th, 2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13061

Sound Wave
August 28th, 2011, 02:09 PM
i was thinking of getting an exhaust for my bike, but since i wear earplugs anyways, i wouldn't be able to enjoy the sound.

talking about it raining earlier, of course now the sky is clearing up.

i am planning on driving over to the range today to see how the range is run and operated. FINALLY planning on trying to go shooting next weekend. still kind of chicken about it.

ungluck
August 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
there is a large saety glass today..def go check it out dude. you can have questions answered and probably shoot a few rounds on some peoples weapons.

nothin to be scared of, if you do somethign wrong, good people will give you pointers and such.

Sound Wave
August 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13061
that actually sounds pretty good.

ungluck
August 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
indeed...i am gonna do some research this week on some quality parts to use..see if i can source it locally. and sinc ei have a welder and a plasma..i can get this done in a day easily...if i do gathe rit all locally i will do a DIY for us here in the aina..sinc ei'm sure it can be applied to any make/model with a little adjustments in sizes and such

Sound Wave
August 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
there is a large saety glass today..def go check it out dude. you can have questions answered and probably shoot a few rounds on some peoples weapons.

nothin to be scared of, if you do somethign wrong, good people will give you pointers and such.

ever since i got out of the army reserves.... ages ago. i have only been to an indoor gun range 3 or 4 times and that gun fair thing they had a few months ago.

yeah, i will check it out. maybe bring my rifle along too, but i don't intend of shooting today.

Mountain Dew
August 28th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I was going to head out for a ride at like 6am this morning, but I ended up hanging out with my friend and didn't get to bed until 5am. Now I've got homework and junk and won't be able to ride until next weekend :/

On a related note, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was excellent.

squaregamer476
August 28th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I was looking at the area P quiet core type. those didn't sound too loud on youtube.

ungluck
August 28th, 2011, 11:39 PM
anyone need a brandnew in the packaging intuitive frame sliders? $115..dont need em...someone buy these..their collecting dust and taking up space

my arsenal stays a secret..robbing my house would be a bad idea...you'd look like swiss cheese if you stayed together..and running doesnt help either...lol

i am thinking of the custom route cos after buyin a house..we just dont have the $$ to mod the ninja anymore..though i do want rear sets, clipons and a new seat..oh and an undertail kit...and maybe a rear sprocket as well..better cruising rpm's..and speed...:thumbup:

Sound Wave
August 29th, 2011, 12:43 AM
my pics of my rifle stayed up on facebook for what? 90 minutes? my friends were slamming me for posting pics up. took it right down.

crazy thing is that i am already researching a hand gun and i haven't even fired my rifle yet.

if you are looking for an under tail kit, might i suggest R&G? really clean OEM look. the instructions were horrible though, so i am not sure i put them in as intended.

i don't think i will ever do a fender elimination kit again. looks GREAT, but i don't really dig that mud splatter up my back and butt. have you looked on ebay for any used parts?

Sound Wave
August 29th, 2011, 12:47 AM
where are you moving to? i remember hearing something about it, but i didn't really catch the details.

ungluck
August 29th, 2011, 01:01 AM
bought a house in Ewa..practically across the street lol..in a place called Latitudes.

R&G..never heard of em..and used parts..not usually my bag, but i have looked. too many scketchy deals lol

if your "friends" gave you **** about your owning a rifle, that you want to own..their not very good friends. just my $.02

Sound Wave
August 29th, 2011, 01:21 AM
no... they have a bunch of firearms. they pretty much keep it down low like you about it. they were excited that i finally picked up a gun. they didn't think it was such a good idea for me to be telling my whole "facebook family" relatives, co-workers, childhood friends.... etc... that i got a new rifle. they were telling me some people react to those things differently, so for them, they thought it best not to advertise what they got.

got me thinking. still not sure what the big deal is, but just to play it safe, i pulled the pics. maybe assault rifles are one of those touchy subjects among some people.

latitudes.... nice community. congrats. one of my friends live there. nice house they got. they have a two-car garage, but strange thing is that they are separated. there is no way i could afford a house like that one if it was built on my side of the island.

ungluck
August 29th, 2011, 01:59 AM
yeah the seperated garage house has a combined sq.ft of over 500..but it's not like a single two car. we got the cheapest..but it was what we liked, it flowed how we liked and it's actually quite large.

i have an album of my guns.. but i keep it private and only allowed certain people who enjoy such things, to view the album. you can tweak your album privacy quite a bit.

the R&G stuff looks awesome. i dig it, now to find decently priced rearsets and clipons...

gonna ride to tacoako tuesdays in kakaako by chevy and acura. anyone wanna go with?

Sound Wave
August 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM
i just googled taco ako. sounds pretty good. too bad they only serve lunch it seems.

ungluck
August 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM
yeah..it's just the lunch version of the eat the streets event..a lot of the same guys.

i may be going back to my contract site.seems there are some issues lol

ungluck
August 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM
ride today anyone?

Gorilla25
August 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
i wish :/ my only ride for today is from home to the gym and back. then i got school

ungluck
August 29th, 2011, 01:08 PM
better than no ride, correct?