View Full Version : HMF Slip-on

Raos
December 1st, 2010, 06:53 PM
First mod done to my 2009. I got my carbon fiber HMF slip-on with the euro tip in black. I chose the exhaust after watching several videos of the ones available for our bike and though the vids may not have done it's justice...I thought the HMF sounded the best. And with the options of customizing the color and exhaust tip style and color combined with a great price I got something unique to me. It took only 5 days shipped from the day I placed my order on the HMF website.

I went ahead and shimmed my needles (using the great how-to on the forum of course) and removed the snorkel. Two #4 washers on each needle. It was a royal PITA removing the carb cover...mostly on the harder to reach screws in the top corners but for the most part the easily accessible ones came out with some down force and a #2 screw driver.

Exhaust itself was pretty simple. Little force needed to get it on the head pipe..definitely a tight fit but I got it on all the way.

Fortunately a quick test run and there weren't any problems so I put the bike together and took a little longer spin. Really noticeable "pep" in the lower range now and a little quicker warm up as well.

Anyway..this vid doesn't do its justice especially the start up because of how close the mic was to the bike. Real deep tone, pitch climbs a little while accelerating and when cruising it's not annoyingly loud. Be sure to watch in HD. Ask questions if you got'em!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p143/pcolazx2/DSCF8050.jpg

0MQrLXsxk5I

bob706
December 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Looks and sounds good :thumbup: