View Full Version : Do we have any North Georgia riders?

tsiratiug
December 17th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Hello - I just signed up last night after looking around for a few minutes.

I bought my first bike (2010 Ninja 250R SE) two weeks ago and I'm looking for people to ride with that don't mind a total noob hanging in the back trying to learn the ropes.

Hope to hear from lots of local riders.

CZroe
December 17th, 2010, 08:59 AM

I bought my first bike (2010 Ninja 250R SE) two weeks ago and I'm looking for people to ride with that don't mind a total noob hanging in the back trying to learn the ropes.

I wish I was still in GA. Good luck!

wvninja
December 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM

Total noobs should hang at the front of the pack :)

tsiratiug
December 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Total noobs should hang at the front of the pack :)

I'm afraid I'd slow everyone down up front. Besides, I'm still admiring the pretty pink and green lines painted on the sides of my tires. It'll be a while before I'm comfortable enough to scrub those off - especially in front of people. I still pucker up on tight turns.:D

Ninja_Moose
December 20th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I live in Atlanta, but I already packed up my bike.

CC Cowboy
December 27th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Hello - I just signed up last night after a few drinks.

I bought my first bike (2010 Ninja 1000ZR SE) two weeks ago and I'm looking for people to ride with that don't mind a total boob hanging in the back trying to skip rope.

Hope to hear from lots of local female riders.

How's that snow treatin ya?

There are some fantastic roads in north Georgia. Ride all of them and get back to us with a ride report.

highpsiguy
December 27th, 2010, 01:55 PM
There is me and Ally99 in Athens. I lived in Cornelia/Helen area for years and know area pretty well. I have yet to meet Ally even though we are in same town. She totalled her 250 ninja recently but rides her husbands CBR 600 from time to time. I ride a yellow 02 model. I have heard of some guys in Atl but have not met them either.

Allen
December 29th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I'm here in Flowery Branch. (30 miles N of Atl.) but the snow has nixed my riding for the last couple days. The N GA, W TN, and E NC have some of the best twisties in the world. C'mon Down!

Allen

tsiratiug
December 29th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I'm here in Flowery Branch. (30 miles N of Atl.) but the snow has nixed my riding for the last couple days. The N GA, W TN, and E NC have some of the best twisties in the world. C'mon Down!

Allen

Howdy neighbor! I'm just minutes from Flowery Branch. I live near the Spout Springs and Braselton Hwy (124) intersection. We should round up some locals (there appear to be quite a few nearby) and head to the hills one Saturday or Sunday morning.

I'd like to find a group of fun folks (being normal isn't a requirement) for regular rides. My wife is almost ready to take her test, on her Honda Rebel, and she likes the idea of group rides too.

Allen
December 29th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I do short runs mostly in the winter just to keep the scoot lubed up. A quick run over to the dam would be in order. A 1 hour ride. See if you like riding with an old man. :D

Mt. runs are few this time of the year for me. There is danger of ice at any time from Dec to March. Watch out for all the gravel DOT put on the snow/ice. Both at the dam and here. I like the Gainesville GA to- 129N -to-State 75N-to-State to 348W (Richard Russel Hwy) to-180W-to well you get the idea,,,,

My son also rides, He has a new ZX600 (which he traded his 250 for) he's like me, he's always up for a quick run. Me and him did the Tail of the Dragon, run. just before it got cold.

I might just run over to the dam as a New Year thing. It's supposed to be in the 50's

ally99
December 31st, 2010, 09:34 AM
There is me and Ally99 in Athens. I lived in Cornelia/Helen area for years and know area pretty well. I have yet to meet Ally even though we are in same town. She totalled her 250 ninja recently but rides her husbands CBR 600 from time to time. I ride a yellow 02 model. I have heard of some guys in Atl but have not met them either.

I know, Kevin, it's kind of sad that we've never met. Sure wish I'd known you when I got my house pressure-washed last spring! :-) We'd have hired you for sure!
Though I did total my first Lil Ninj, I went out and bought another. It's an '09 w/ a muzzy exhaust that I like. I can't ride hubby's CBR...it's too tall for me. I do, however, ride my yellow Ninja 650 around on occasion, but my heart is with my Little Ninj. :) This spring, we'll be back up in NC, Tn, and North Ga for sure!