View Full Version : Cycle Gear Scorpion EXO-1000 clearance

CZroe
December 23rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
$99.99 (Apollo Blue) to $139.99 (Silver, Dark Silver)

I saw that the blue helmets were on clearance for $99.99 and, well, I drive a blue bike. :D The Cycle Gear I saw them in said that they still had all sizes of the $100 blue version in stock close to closing time the day before yesterday, but I wasn't ready to try one on and buy it yet, so I went to the closer store the next day (yesterday). They had the $139.99 silver colors and I tried on an XL finding it surprisingly tight for an XL, but serviceable. I see now that it is a common observation and people generally advise to order one size larger for the EXO-line. It doesn't look like they even make a 2XL. Anyway, I placed my order for an XL blue and they called me today to advise that they were completely out of stock. I called the other store that had "all sizes" of the $100 Apollo blue two days ago and they said that they no longer had it in any size! The others on clearance cost at least 40% more. :( Heck, that's still a good deal, but it's more than I want to pay, considering that I ride a blue bike and the blue is $40 cheaper.

I'm going to go ahead and get an XL silver or dark silver. If anyone got stuck with an XL blue and didn't like the color, I'll split the difference with you and trade ($100 blue + $20 for the $140 silver). Sound good?

FWIW, the manufacture dates I saw in store all seemed to be 2008.

Anyway, what really impressed me was the inflatable fit. Not knowing that it already existed and thinking of the old Reebok pumps (inflatable shoes), I actually looked for that kind of pump and bladder to do something like this almost two years ago, though I was actually hoping to make something that could inflate speakers against my ears after inserting my head.

addy126
December 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Like the helmet, price is great but I did an internet search for "reviews" and too many of them sucked to follow up on a purchase for me, even at that low price. (Leaks - visor seal and air duct seals plus louder than most Scorpions)... granted the air bladder is appealing but I passed on it anyway.