View Full Version : Signature Restrictions

gfloyd2002
December 24th, 2010, 06:22 AM
In other forums I've been on, members have a lot of fun putting signatures together. Folks open signature shops, customize their sigs like they do their bikes, etc. However, this forum restricts sigs to 50 pixels high, which means no real room for text or graphics. Given that our user control panels allow those who don't want to see them to supress the signatures, and given increased bandwidths, is there any chance we can loosen signature restrictions?

As an example, below is a quickie 5 minute sig I whipped up from a photo of my bike.

-------------------------------------------
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/gfloyd2002/NinjetteSig-1.jpg

gfloyd2002
December 24th, 2010, 07:39 AM
In fact, even a small image that lookst to be within stated memory limits and 50 pixels high doesn't want to upload. Example:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/gfloyd2002/Untitled-1.jpg

Alex
December 24th, 2010, 10:50 AM
is there any chance we can loosen signature restrictions?

No. :)

gfloyd2002
December 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
No. :)

:lol: Okay. I'll settle for clarity on the rules. Is it no graphics at all? I'm trying figure out why my mini-sig won't work.

Alex
December 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
No linked images (which can't be size controlled easily), no HTML. Can insert smileys from this site. 3 lines of text, 200 visible characters, though that expands to 400 characters for bbcode (colors, underline, italics, sizing, etc.). Can include static links. Can load an image manually, (not link), but it is capped at 50 pixels high, 500 pixels wide, and 50kb. It also can't be animated. If it's within the pixel limits and just getting capped by the kb limit, let me know and I have no problem bumping that file size up (just not the image size on screen). :thumbup:

Alex
December 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I just tried to use the picture you posted, and I had issues as well. As far as I can tell, it's well within the limits, so there must be something else going on preventing its upload. Let me play with it for a little while, and I'll post up here what I find.

Alex
December 24th, 2010, 11:35 AM
OK - fixed it. There was an issue with storing custom signature pics, that has now been fixed. It should behave as laid out above, let me know if you run into any issues. Thx for letting me know! :thumbup: