View Full Version : Recommended Books on Riding Skills

gfloyd2002
January 2nd, 2011, 06:49 AM
I've seen several books mentioned in other threads, but thought it might be useful to put them together in a single place. (Especially because I'm having trouble finding them now in simple searches.) I'm setting myself up for one of Kelly or Alex's infamous "Link to Thread that Already Does This" responses, that will also serve my purpose. :) List good riding skills books below, and I'll incorporate them into the op so we can have them all in one place.

David Hough's "Proficient Motorcycling" (http://www.amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1889540536): "If there is one book every motorcyclist should own, this is it!" -- WebBikeWorld

CC Cowboy
January 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Playboy helps with riding the curves.

Actually, do they still print that rag?

I'm a big fan of Code. First thing I read when I get my Motorcyclist each month.

Flashmonkey
January 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
I like Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch. It has purdy pictures in it!

Alex
January 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I'm setting myself up for one of Kelly or Alex's infamous "Link to Thread that Already Does This" responses, that will also serve my purpose. :)

:)

Hi Floyd -

We've got just about all of them listed right in this sticky thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13547). If we need to add any, just let me know and I can edit that post.

gfloyd2002
January 2nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
I was looking for that thread, did a search and everything! Hid it plain sight, you sneaky bastard. Awesome!

Thanks.

gfloyd2002
January 2nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Actually, just found Twist of the Wrist II on DVD. Seems to be getting excellent reviews. May be worth adding to the video/DVD that thread - I'm planning to pick up a copy. http://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-II-Keith-Code/dp/0965045072/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_f

Alex
January 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Done.

Misti
January 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Actually, just found Twist of the Wrist II on DVD. Seems to be getting excellent reviews. May be worth adding to the video/DVD that thread - I'm planning to pick up a copy. http://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-II-Keith-Code/dp/0965045072/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_f

Let us know what you think of the video once you have seen it. See if you can find me in it as well, I have a small part ;)

Is there anything specific you are looking for information on? If so then just ask away and I'll do my best to answer the question. Just wondering if you were looking for tips on Throttle Control or vision or steering or whatever :)

Cheers,
Misti

gfloyd2002
January 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Let us know what you think of the video once you have seen it. See if you can find me in it as well, I have a small part ;)

Is there anything specific you are looking for information on? If so then just ask away and I'll do my best to answer the question. Just wondering if you were looking for tips on Throttle Control or vision or steering or whatever :)

Cheers,
Misti

Thanks, Misti. I really appreciate it. No specific point I was looking at, though I hate to pass up the chance to grill you. :p I'm just always working through some book or video or other to keep me focused on the right things when I ride. I figure if I read a bit each night - or watch part of a DVD - when I ride the next day I'll be a bit more present. I'll definately look for you when the video ships in!

Any chance you are instructing in Rosamond next June? Been thinking of signing up for CSS Willow Springs when I'm back home in CA over the summer. :)

Misti
January 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks, Misti. I really appreciate it. No specific point I was looking at, though I hate to pass up the chance to grill you. :p I'm just always working through some book or video or other to keep me focused on the right things when I ride. I figure if I read a bit each night - or watch part of a DVD - when I ride the next day I'll be a bit more present. I'll definately look for you when the video ships in!

Any chance you are instructing in Rosamond next June? Been thinking of signing up for CSS Willow Springs when I'm back home in CA over the summer. :)

Right now I'm looking at doing the weekend schools in Vegas but I may be able to do some of the schools at Streets of Willow (provided they are weekend ones as I need my hubby to watch the kid) :)

Let me know what school you sign up for and feel free to ask me any questions you may have on riding skills or technique (even if it is not from the video).

Ride safe!

Misti