View Full Version : Attach/Linking sound samples in forum threads?

Ntotot
January 3rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Is there other way attaching a sound clip/sample in forum thread?..other than using/linking Youtube?

It's just sound with no moving pictures. :confused:

Alex
January 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
What type of file is it? (i.e., what's the file extension). The board is set up for these:

- Valid file extensions: ai bmp doc eps est gdb gif gpx jpe jpeg jpg kml kmz mov mp3 mp4 mpg pdf png psd ptm tif txt wav wmv xls zip

If it's any of those, just add it as an attachment and you're good to go. If it's something else, let me know and I can add it if it's a common file type for sound.

Ntotot
January 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
What type of file is it? (i.e., what's the file extension). The board is set up for these:

- Valid file extensions: ai bmp doc eps est gdb gif gpx jpe jpeg jpg kml kmz mov mp3 mp4 mpg pdf png psd ptm tif txt wav wmv xls zip

If it's any of those, just add it as an attachment and you're good to go. If it's something else, let me know and I can add it if it's a common file type for sound.

sound file like mp3, ogg (much smaller than mp3 ~ the sound is even better :D), mp4 or similiar.

Which means that, the sound sample is an attachment? and not that kind like you play directly like Youtube? if no, well I just attach the file then.

Thanks Alex. :thumbup:

Alex
January 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM
What is the 3 letter extension on the file you are trying to add? Is it .ogg?

Ntotot
January 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
What is the 3 letter extension on the file you are trying to add? Is it .ogg?

yes sir, an OGG vorbis file extension, .ogg

Alex
January 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
ok - ogg files should be good to go at this point.