View Full Version : If you can drift a car you can drift a bike!

Immortalhippo
January 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
VYpOFimB7ZA

Thought this was pretty cool no matter your stance on whether or not you accept drifting as a valid racing sport.

scotty
January 14th, 2011, 01:56 PM
yeah I saw this on anther forum. Was cool to watch!

Den
January 14th, 2011, 02:39 PM
:thumbup: AWESOME! :thumbup:

zomgcake
January 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
totally awesome.

Is it really necessary to stretch the bike that much to step out the rear that much?

Alex
January 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
It's not necessary, but I'd bet it makes it much easier to control. The bike is less likely to change direction quickly, and is much more stable while sliding.

Rexbo
January 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
It's not necessary, but I'd bet it makes it much easier to control. The bike is less likely to change direction quickly, and is much more stable while sliding.

also probably means he's running a rock hard rear shock, which will also make sliding easier... works in cars!

JeffM
January 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM
So Icon is moving its market base from stunters to drifters, no? :D

Actually, pretty cool :thumbup:

Cazper
January 15th, 2011, 11:19 AM
That was pretty sweet and looked like a whole lot of fun!!! Not sure we can do this on our 250's though...lol.

Cedilla
January 15th, 2011, 03:10 PM
A lot less room for error on the bike, A high side sucks a lot worse than spinning out in a car. lol

JMcDonald
January 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Definitely a sweet video, and definitely an amazing a ballsy rider! I absolutely appreciate the talent involved in drifting, and think it is great fun to watch, but I just can't get into the subjectivity of the competitions.

8gauge
January 17th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah that's insane skills right there. I wonder what possessed him to say, "hey i'm gonna go against all natural instincts when riding and purposely cause my bike to lose traction in a controlled manner and drift."

I bet when he first started drifting he had a sponsor decal on the bike : Depends. :p

Rayme
January 17th, 2011, 03:52 PM
totally awesome.

Is it really necessary to stretch the bike that much to step out the rear that much?

It's to make sure the front end doesn't lift up under throttle, it would be pretty hard to wheely that thing with that 1 foot longer swingarm.

JMcDonald
January 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM
It's to make sure the front end doesn't lift up under throttle, it would be pretty hard to wheely that thing with that 1 foot longer swingarm.

That's what I was thinking. It would take a whole lot of clutch and brake work to get it to reliably break loose rather than lifting the front.

Zombiphone
January 17th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, he can drift with or without the extended swingarm (And with or without his feet on the pegs :p), but I'm sure he can do it a bit faster and easier with it like that. He's damn good at what he does either way. In case anyone has never gotten to see his stunting:

UzONF5_To7w

:love:
He performed at the cycle world convention the year before last and blew my mind.

Order
January 17th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I like how parts of it were taped with an RC car!