View Full Version : 08 250R Dyno / after full exhaust + jetting

Order
January 18th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Here is a video from my last dyno run of my 08 Ninja 250R - no air filter, TYGA full round exhaust system and Factory Pro jetted carbs.

If you want specifics I did a writeup on my site: http://racingorder.com/2010/11/ninja-250r-tyga-exhaust-factory-pro-jet-kit-dyno-results/

7AuqIW-3bo4

wayanlam
January 19th, 2011, 01:37 AM
impressive dyno run, 32.3hp with just the Tyga exhaust, snorkel removed and stock jetting.

strange that jetting the bike would only get another 0.2 Hp over stock tho. makes me wonder how accurate the dyno was.

too bad you didn't get a reference run with the stock exhaust. that would have been a good indicator and interesting to see :thumbup:

sombo
January 19th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Nicely done. After watching your video I watched one of the suggestions and found this one:

W5UGGcP1kJc&NR=1

Racer x
January 19th, 2011, 05:15 AM
This is from last year. Itis just fifth gear from idle to 14500 RPM to test top end Air fuel ratio.
I like the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=269u3WNk6Ic

Order
January 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM
impressive dyno run, 32.3hp with just the Tyga exhaust, snorkel removed and stock jetting.

strange that jetting the bike would only get another 0.2 Hp over stock tho. makes me wonder how accurate the dyno was.

too bad you didn't get a reference run with the stock exhaust. that would have been a good indicator and interesting to see :thumbup:

I did get a stock exhaust reference... and I was told the dyno was accurate and tested against another local dyno. I still need to do further tuning, but I don't think it's too far off from what I'll race in the spring/summer.

http://racingorder.com/wp-content/gallery/tyga-ninja-250r-exhaust-review/ninja-250r-tyga-exhaust-dyno-results-vs-stock.jpg

See writeup with Stock vs. Snorkel removed vs. Snorkel removed + TYGA exhaust: http://racingorder.com/2010/10/tyga-ninja-250r-race-exhaust-system-dyno-results/

scotty
January 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
That is some good increase in power!

Powerlogix
January 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Nice increase in power, how do you like your tyga exhaust?

sombo
January 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I also like how it seems to have smoothed out the power on the dyno. Can you feel it run smoother then stock?

Order
January 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Nice increase in power, how do you like your tyga exhaust?

So far so good.. 8.6lb weight reduction sure didn't hurt! But I haven't had serious road time as I'm making it into a race bike.

Order
January 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I also like how it seems to have smoothed out the power on the dyno. Can you feel it run smoother then stock?

It certainly smoothed it out. From factory it was really rich, as the carb hadn't been adjusted before I put in the Factory Pro jet kit. I haven't had much time besides on the dyno, so I won't know how it's really running till I get it on the track... as I'm setting it up to race this season!

But for the price, the TYGA system is a killer deal for good performance gain vs. expensive brand name. I'm not affiliated with them nor do I sell anything, just giving my .02 cents from what I saw.

If anyone is interested there is a coupon code on my site for a sponsor that'll give you a decent discount.

DaBlue1
January 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
... From factory it was really rich, as the carb hadn't been adjusted before I put in the Factory Pro jet kit.

That's good and interesting info to see because it's been reportedly lean from the factory below the mid-range, but it is not the first time I've read something similar to this. The race team in this article also found the stock bike carb setting almost perfect, so much so they reduced the stock jet size from 98-95 and added an Area P exhaust for their application. http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0903_2008_kawasaki_ninja_250/index.html

What were your settings with the jet kit you installed?
Was the stock setting just rich at a certain range for you?

dino74
January 19th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the info! I got the TYGA system and I'm just waiting for the K&N pods / Factory Pro Kit to arrive.

Maybe I'll dyno the bike this weekend to get more stock/modified data out to the 250 community.

Also I have an AEM UEGO A/F gauge. Hmmmm, I think at first I'll just change the exhaust and see what the A/F.

wellcraft
January 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM
How much does a dyno run cost?

dino74
January 19th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I called a place by me and they said it was around $65

Order
January 19th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info! I got the TYGA system and I'm just waiting for the K&N pods / Factory Pro Kit to arrive.

Maybe I'll dyno the bike this weekend to get more stock/modified data out to the 250 community.

Also I have an AEM UEGO A/F gauge. Hmmmm, I think at first I'll just change the exhaust and see what the A/F.

I'm really interested to see what data you get, if you dyno the bike. And what kind of A/F readings you get before jetting.

kingkang204
January 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
^ Did you happen to ride today? It was kinda cold down here in Olympia, but I went out and rode like 40 miles anyway. I'm sure being pretty much sea level helps our power delivery. I'm still contemplating racing this year in the Ninja Cup because I really don't think I'm on that skill level yet. I think more realistically I'll be taking track day classes at Pacific Raceways.

dino74
January 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I'm really interested to see what data you get, if you dyno the bike. And what kind of A/F readings you get before jetting.

I made a dyno appointment for Saturday @ 3pm, so I should be able to change out the exhaust on Sunday.

I'm just worried about it being too lean and damaging the engine. I guess if the meter shows it dangerously lean, I could turn the choke on until I get home.

Order
January 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I made a dyno appointment for Saturday @ 3pm, so I should be able to change out the exhaust on Sunday.

I'm just worried about it being too lean and damaging the engine. I guess if the meter shows it dangerously lean, I could turn the choke on until I get home.

Wait, shouldn't you dyno after you swap the exhaust? Ideally before and after...

As for the A/F, I'd go off the meter and be prepared to make changes if need be or not ride back.

Order
January 19th, 2011, 10:55 PM
^ Did you happen to ride today? It was kinda cold down here in Olympia, but I went out and rode like 40 miles anyway. I'm sure being pretty much sea level helps our power delivery. I'm still contemplating racing this year in the Ninja Cup because I really don't think I'm on that skill level yet. I think more realistically I'll be taking track day classes at Pacific Raceways.

No, haven't ridden for a while sadly. It's been so damn cold and rainy, roads are usually frozen in places from the night before. Being near sea level I'm sure help...

Have you done a track day or raced before? I'd think racing a 250 would be FAR more fun than a track day, since you'd be racing against 250's and not on the track with a wide range of bikes. As for not being on the skill level for racing, go through the Novice program, race the 250 and you'll learn a lot from the experts. There will be other Novices racing in the Ninja Cup.

dino74
January 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Wait, shouldn't you dyno after you swap the exhaust? Ideally before and after...

As for the A/F, I'd go off the meter and be prepared to make changes if need be or not ride back.

I really should do three dynos

Stock
Stock Intake/Jet with modified exhaust
Modified Intake. Jets, and exhaust

Order
January 19th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I really should do three dynos

Stock
Stock Intake/Jet with new exhaust
Modified Intake. Jets, and exhaust

Yes! Although if you're getting charged by the hour, you might want to jet it another time.