View Full Version : Anyone elses 08 ninja make little meeyaawwe ninja noses ?

N.M.smallponiesbigsmiles
September 10th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Im alittle,hard of hearing,but after a month of getting to know my new love i noticed it makeing a funny kinda mewwing porpus ,whale song noise thing low & and kinda soothing.Thought i was imajanig things naw he heard it too.well im leaning torwards posability may be trying to comunicate.like the other day i open the garage look ta see if all is well i hear ninjette,ninja noise mee e, i understood yeah i know daddys glad to be home too.Or the other day after leaveing it in a parkinglot put the keys in meee I know i know its hot out hear'or like at a stop light ninja noise i know i wish the light would change to.Any one else ? listen & you may hear it say someting,or am i the only lucky one ? Apologize for the spelling. hey wait thier it goes again out in my driveway i hear it gota go.Daddys comeing, baby whants to go for a ride before it gets dark .I know baby be their as soon as i post this .By yall ride safe!

Alex
September 10th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Hi David!

Nope, you must have paid extra to get one of those limited edition "talking ninjettes". Enjoy it! :) Mine's been comparatively silent so far...

kkim
November 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
lol.. if you want to have it stop talking to you, there is a mod for the gas cap that will possibly fix it.

As a check, as the bike is talking, pop the gas cap and see if it stops talking. if it does, it's the gas cap... if it doesn't, see you on Letterman or the Tonight Show.

if you like it talking, then by all means leave it... just make sure the other gas engine vehicles in your garage don't start talking to you as well... that's an entirely different problem :eek:

TheDuck
November 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
lol.. if you want to have it stop talking to you, there is a mod for the gas cap that will possibly fix it.

As a check, as the bike is talking, pop the gas cap and see if it stops talking. if it does, it's the gas cap... if it doesn't, see you on Letterman or the Tonight Show.

if you like it talking, then by all means leave it... just make sure the other gas engine vehicles in your garage don't start talking to you as well... that's an entirely different problem :eek:

LOL! For some reason I was thinking of a straight-cut gear whine... or maybe an overly-tight cam chain.

My tank makes all sorts of different noises depending on how full it is, the temperature, and how long since I last rode it.

I bring the bike in the office in the morning when I go to work, it will randomly squeal when it feels like it. Often making people look around wondering what the hell they are hearing! I just laugh.

kkim
November 19th, 2008, 07:40 PM
you bring your bike into the office? where do you work???... in a barn? :alien:

TheDuck
November 19th, 2008, 07:52 PM
LOL!

Might as well be a barn, I do let the ducks run free.

I do computers and technology, web-programming, the works! I have my own office and I roll the bike right into the front door and park it right up front. It brightens up the office, everyone likes it there.

A competing computer shop had a roughed up cruiser parked on his sales floor. I just figured I would outdo him. :D

TrueFaith
November 20th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hiya Duck! I used to do the same thing with an old Yamaha I had. I worked the night shift with only one other guy. I would bring the bike in the back door and up the freight elevator and park it right next to my desk. I even changed the oil one evening and doing that on a carpet sure beats a cold concrete floor. My boss was scrathing his head for days after that wondering how a spot of oil got on his rug. :D

VeX
November 22nd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Hiya Duck! I used to do the same thing with an old Yamaha I had. I worked the night shift with only one other guy. I would bring the bike in the back door and up the freight elevator and park it right next to my desk. I even changed the oil one evening and doing that on a carpet sure beats a cold concrete floor. My boss was scrathing his head for days after that wondering how a spot of oil got on his rug. :D

:pound: That's epic :p It'd be even better if the other guy walked by and you were able to interupt:

"What?? I'm on my lunch break!"

jdesiano1
November 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Hi mine always makes the same sound. I always say "I know mama's here now it's okay". My husband dies laughing. It doesn't bother me anymore. Hey at least we have bikes to make these sounds right.;)

Kurosaki
December 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Speaking of sounds, I've never heard the popular gas tank whining sound from my bikes others have spoken of.:confused:

Alex
December 2nd, 2008, 08:11 PM
Mine either. Not sure if it's less prevalent on the california-spec bikes with a recovery cannister...

Bill N
December 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yepper, My bike meows and moans all the time. It is for sure via the gas cap. Funny when I'm working in the garage I talk to it too. If I'm in a bad mood I tell it to shut the F... Up! In a good mood I tell it, "don't worry everything will be ok."
I must be going nuts talking to a motorcycle.
Bill :D :)

jdesiano1
December 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Bill where in Tampa are you? My hubby and I are from there. Nice to have ya on bored. I can't believe we left year round riding weather for 8 months (if we are lucky here) here in Tn.

Bill N
December 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Jessica,
I live in Safety Harbor. Riding weather this Sunday looks to be perfect here. High's in the upper 70's. Cheers, Bill

islanderman7
December 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Speaking of sounds, I've never heard the popular gas tank whining sound from my bikes others have spoken of.:confused:

Same. Could be like Alex said about it being less prevalent on Cali-Spec bikes.

TheDuck
December 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yepper, My bike meows and moans all the time. It is for sure via the gas cap. Funny when I'm working in the garage I talk to it too. If I'm in a bad mood I tell it to shut the F... Up! In a good mood I tell it, "don't worry everything will be ok."
I must be going nuts talking to a motorcycle.
Bill :D :)

Yeah! Its funny though when it does it on its own, and you haven't disturbed the bike at all.

I park it in my office below the alarm panel. I've heard many times that "the alarm is making noises"

Reddoak
December 13th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Mine will whistle through the gas cap occasionally. Usually on warmer days.

If I catch anyone looking at it strangely when it does, I park it and run away as fast as I can screaming "GET DOWN!" Good times.

noche_caliente
December 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I'd love to see the looks on their faces!

Mine actually did it yesterday when I got home from riding in 34* weather! BRRR! I was pretty surprised she would do it when it's that cold - I had figured it for a warmer weather thing.... I guess she was just saying thanks for the ride!

TheDuck
December 14th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I'd love to see the looks on their faces!

Mine actually did it yesterday when I got home from riding in 34* weather! BRRR! I was pretty surprised she would do it when it's that cold - I had figured it for a warmer weather thing.... I guess she was just saying thanks for the ride!

Yep, mine will do it anytime, too, but does it best and LOUDEST when its warm out and the bike has been disturbed. Also the less fuel in the tank, the LOUDER it gets!

workdaddy
December 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM

If I catch anyone looking at it strangely when it does, I park it and run away as fast as I can screaming "GET DOWN!" Good times.

But when you scream get down do you say it like this? ! About 2:00 mark

J2v63IXtUsA

This guy Paublo Fransico is great!

mcteague
December 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Now that cooler/cold weather is upon me my bike seems to have become a bit more taciturn. In the Summer it cries all the time.

Tim

OldGuy
February 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM
OK folks - when I read this thread last year I got a good laugh out of it but it really didn't connect with me the way it does now. I mean how many people out there (non-'08-'09 owners) have their rides say hi to them when they come home at night? Or cry when you go to work because you took the cage instead of them.

However, when I opened the garage door this morning to get the snow blower out, when it was 8 deg and 25 mph wind, and do the driveway I think what she said was CLOSE THE $*@)ING DOOR.

That's OK, I love her. Of course my wife thinks I've gone off the deep end. That is until I told to her to just pat Nini on the tank and --- she sighed for her on cue.

Buffalony
February 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I really really like this member. I hear them too.

TrueFaith
March 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM
I had to do the gas tank mod because I got tired of hearing my bike whinning after I parked it in the shed after a ride. I already don't ride enough as it is. I don't need my bike complaining about it after every ride too.

mike_sema
March 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
that’s some funny stuff! I was in the garage when I 1st haerd it I just told her that it would be alright we would go out in the morning, so my wife walks in and as we are talking she ask if there is a cat in the garage and I say no long story short after 20 min of my wife looking around and opening the garage door I had to fill her in ooo was she mad

CZroe
October 31st, 2009, 03:42 PM
This post deserves to be cross-linked. (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27828)

Sailariel
November 4th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Rode to the VA Hospital and back on Monday---36F. I parked the bike in our heated garage and it started meowing appearently appreciating the warmth. The tank was half full. It was a round trip of 92 miles. The garage is a steady 52F.

liltenatattoo
November 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
my sister just picked up one of the bikes that were for sale on this forum a few months back. I had it parked outside my house next to my bike, talking to my neighbor, standing there comparing my bike with her new but used one. i touched the bike and it "meeeooowwwed" I was like wtf! did a kitten crawl up into this thing?
my bike hasn't made these noises. I assumed it was gas fumes escaping from the tank, because after sitting there for a while and listening to it, the noise was def. coming out of the tank. after reading this original post, i started cracking up. After I heard the noise i called my sis and told her that her bike misses her already.
I'm sure it's nothing major to worry about, but i wonder if the temp. has anything to do with it. It was about 40-50 degree's in my area since we had the bike. I'll def. be on the look out when it warms up in the spring.

danknation
November 5th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Oh my lord this will be my new pre-class ritual. Bessie is always crying when I go to leave her in the parking lot, now I can get a good chuckle out of it!

liltenatattoo
November 5th, 2009, 02:09 PM
well since my lil kamesane doesn't whine for me, does that mean he doesn't love me?

g21-30
November 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM
It will, unless the gas cap was modified!

ninjabrewer
November 5th, 2009, 09:32 PM
My does the whine, I just take it in stride, kinda get a kick out of it.

nb

ccrd1122
November 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
My 09 ninjette does that, even when Im stopped at a light! The dealership says they cant do anything for it. Its funny to watch my new neigbors, I think they beleive Im torturing a cat or something!