View Full Version : Taking off for a quick ride

Darling Ninja
January 31st, 2011, 12:26 PM
It was pretty nice out, so I decided to take my Ninjette out. Short video, nothing special. Can you tell I had to regain my balance a little bit in the beginning? I still get a little nervous with that little dip in the curb. I'm a shorty, so sometimes I lose my balance a bit.

Any tips, suggestions? :)

Ibd4BNcDQwg

Yasko
January 31st, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hi...What's that wire hanging from the bottom of your bike???

scotty
January 31st, 2011, 09:01 PM
It looks so nice where you live! Makes me sad!

Alex
January 31st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Balance looks fine! I wouldn't worry terribly about that indent by the curb. Worst case, you roll back a bit and the bike rests against the curb itself. It would put you closer to the ground and make it even easier to hold the bike up, and just would require a little more throttle when you take off from the indent.

setasai
January 31st, 2011, 11:04 PM
Nice and sunny in SoCal. How's the temps though? It's fairly sunny up here in the bay but wind chill offsets any of that in the mornings and evenings. Kinda makes it difficult to wear appropriate gear for the whole day. Bundle up, remove layers, and restore layers.

wvninja
February 1st, 2011, 06:28 AM
:( its suppose to be 46 here today with rain .. but getting closer to spring!

Hi...What's that wire hanging from the bottom of your bike???

I think thats prob. overflow tubes that are hanging down. Prob should be shoved back into the plastic but its nothing major.

Cuongism
February 1st, 2011, 10:53 AM
Nice and sunny in SoCal. How's the temps though? It's fairly sunny up here in the bay but wind chill offsets any of that in the mornings and evenings. Kinda makes it difficult to wear appropriate gear for the whole day. Bundle up, remove layers, and restore layers.

50-60 early morning, 70-80 during the day. And always sunny :D except for the half hour of rain Sunday which I happen to be out in.

Also, very observant seeing that tube. With the curb, throttle helps balance it, but also make sure you are holding the bike up with your legs/knees and not your arms. If your bike starts tipping over, your arms may not be strong enough to hold it up but your legs will.

Darling Ninja
February 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
:( its suppose to be 46 here today with rain .. but getting closer to spring!

I think thats prob. overflow tubes that are hanging down. Prob should be shoved back into the plastic but its nothing major.
Yeah, I don't know exactly what the tube is for, but the last guy who serviced the bike said it was OK that it hung down like that.

Darling Ninja
February 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
50-60 early morning, 70-80 during the day. And always sunny :D except for the half hour of rain Sunday which I happen to be out in.

Also, very observant seeing that tube. With the curb, throttle helps balance it, but also make sure you are holding the bike up with your legs/knees and not your arms. If your bike starts tipping over, your arms may not be strong enough to hold it up but your legs will.
Crazy weather over here in Cali. It was really nice out the day I took that ride, then the very next day it rains! Ha ha. Overall, it's pretty warm though.

Alex
February 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I don't know exactly what the tube is for, but the last guy who serviced the bike said it was OK that it hung down like that.

Yup, he's almost certainly right, but it is hanging lower than usually seen. If it is verified to be routed correctly, it probably wouldn't hurt to slice off a few inches from the bottom to keep it from getting caught on anything else.

setasai
February 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM
I doubt there's any problem for it to be tucked up or zip tied to something as long as you dont cut off flow. That is one of the things that even though i know has no real ramifications, would bug the hell out of me just because it doesnt feel neat and tidy. I think i might be a little OCD though.

Darling Ninja
February 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM
I doubt there's any problem for it to be tucked up or zip tied to something as long as you dont cut off flow. That is one of the things that even though i know has no real ramifications, would bug the hell out of me just because it doesnt feel neat and tidy. I think i might be a little OCD though.
It wasn't always sticking out like that. I crashed, so it might have slipped out when my bike tipped over. I think I tried to tuck it back in, but it fell out again.