View Full Version : Socal No Cut Modulators Group Buy meet, install, and ride day!

EddieNewYork
January 31st, 2011, 09:51 PM
UPDATE

Location: Starbucks - 2100 South Atlantic Blvd., Monterey Park, CA 91754 (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2100+South+Atlantic+Blvd.,+Monterey+Park,+CA+91754&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.357162,74.53125&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2100+S+Atlantic+Blvd,+Monterey+Park,+Los+Angeles,+California+91754&ll=34.039325,-118.143507&spn=0,0.009098&z=17&layer=c&cbll=34.039276,-118.143587&panoid=9aMyvplEWD0sa1SMn4drzw&cbp=12,162.94,,0,8.4)
Cross Street: South Atlantic Blvd and W Floral Dr.
Date: Sunday Feb 20 2011
Time: 10:30 AM (NEW TIME)
Who: Everyone

If anyone wants my cell number, please pm me.

Attendees List so far... add copy and paste....

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay
3. Cazper
4. Blackwidow +1
5. Cuongism
6. Havok
7. Hitman

Sup guys and gals, I'm in contact with Randall at nocutmodulators.com (http://www.nocutmodulators.com/) and would like to setup a local group buy meet, install, and ride day.

I figure this way, we can all save a little cost and make it a fun meet installing our nocutmodulators together and then test them out by riding a little afterwards. :thumbup:

I don't have any pricing yet and won't know until I see how many want one. At that point I'll be able to ask Randall for a price. I don't want to wait too long as I really want one, so I'll take whatever number we have this friday by 2pm and shoot Randall an email then.

Please be aware to be DOT legal in california... brake light modulators are allowed to flash a maximum of 4 times before going solid; nocutmodulators website says 7 to 8 pulses before going solid.

So if you're interested, please add yourself to the list... thanks.

sherjay
January 31st, 2011, 10:24 PM
Count me in!

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay

Cazper
January 31st, 2011, 11:44 PM
I'm definitely down for a mod party and ride... not sure if I want a modulator or not yet... but I'll let you know before Friday ;)

EddieNewYork
February 1st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Count me in!

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay

Sweet. :D

I'm definitely down for a mod party and ride... not sure if I want a modulator or not yet... but I'll let you know before Friday ;)

Cool man, once we see where all the interested members are coming from I'll try to pick a central location for the meet. :)

Blackwidow
February 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
what the heck is a nocutmodulater?

Alex
February 1st, 2011, 01:07 PM
It flashes the rear brake light for you when the brake is applied.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5583

CZroe
February 1st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Put me down as a maybe... it all depends on price. Luckily, I'm still registered in GA.

EddieNewYork
February 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Put me down as a maybe... it all depends on price. Luckily, I'm still registered in GA.

Sure, if not enough people sign up by friday we'll just call it off, no worries. :D

Cazper
February 2nd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Although I don't think only 3 people would get us a group discount... I'm in...

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay
3. Cazper

EddieNewYork
February 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Although I don't think only 3 people would get us a group discount... I'm in...

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay
3. Cazper

Cool... 3 is still better than 1. :D

maxwellca21
February 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM

maybe for me, depend on the price. tag.

Reswob
February 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
These are well worth the regular price of 30 bucks. Get one even if you don't have enough people for a discount!

arnette
February 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
I bought an expensive modulator but let me know if you guys meet up for an install/show-off party. I want in!

I went with vizi-tec http://www.vizi-tec.com/index.htm

EddieNewYork
February 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
maybe for me, depend on the price. tag.

Guys, feel free to add yourselves to the list. Even "maybes"... this is just a way to see how many members are interested so I can ask for a quote. If you guys don't like the quote or change your minds, no worries...

These are well worth the regular price of 30 bucks. Get one even if you don't have enough people for a discount!

I agree and plan to. :thumbup:

I bought an expensive modulator but let me know if you guys meet up for an install/show-off party. I want in!

I went with vizi-tec http://www.vizi-tec.com/index.htm

I like that one too. Looking forward to seeing it work. :)

EddieNewYork
February 4th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Looks like we have 5 peeps interested. I'll shoot Randall an email and let you guys know.

Ironically, I just witnessed a rear end collision at a red light 10 minutes ago on 7th and Figueroa. I was on my way to the post office and I hear BAM 10 feet behind me. :eek:

nattygirl
February 4th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I hope the collision wasn't with a motorcycle...

I just saw a rear end collision myself yesterday. Happened right behind me. Luckily, the car behind me wasn't tailgating me, otherwise I would've been hit as well. (this was while I was driving my car)

I was just around 7th and Fig today around the same time. Well more like 7th and hope, waiting for the dash in front of Macy's Plaza.

I'm interested in the meet. I'd be all in for the modulator group buy as well, but I already got one. One of the first mods I did when I got my ninja. :D

EddieNewYork
February 4th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I hope the collision wasn't with a motorcycle...

I just saw a rear end collision myself yesterday. Happened right behind me. Luckily, the car behind me wasn't tailgating me, otherwise I would've been hit as well. (this was while I was driving my car)

I was just around 7th and Fig today around the same time. Well more like 7th and hope, waiting for the dash in front of Macy's Plaza.

I'm interested in the meet. I'd be all in for the modulator group buy as well, but I already got one. One of the first mods I did when I got my ninja. :D

Cagers...

Really, lol... do you work or goto school around there? We probably crossed paths many times then. :D I walk into that mall almost everyday to check my mail at the post office.

EddieNewYork
February 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Here's the pricing guys and I think it's a great deal! The price is $20 each and $10 shipping for all. That comes out to $22 each if we have 5 people.

$20 x 5 = $100 + $10 = $110 / 5 = $22

I think that's awesome since we would pay $30.90 shipped without this deal.

So come guys where are we at?

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay
3. Cazper

Once we have 5 confirmed, I'll pm everyone on the list with payment details.

If you need references in trusting me, I can provide that. :)

Blackwidow
February 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
i'm in. but Eddie, you gotta help me with the instullation

EddieNewYork
February 4th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Dun worry Paulette, we're all gonna do it at the same time together. :D

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay
3. Cazper
4. Blackwidow

nattygirl
February 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM

It's super easy. If you can take off your rear seat, you can do this mod.

Blackwidow
February 4th, 2011, 05:02 PM
It's super easy. If you can take off your rear seat, you can do this mod.

and risk breaking my nail? lol i have never taken off my rear seat, in actuality, i have a hard time putting my seat cowl back on. :o

EddieNewYork
February 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM
and risk breaking my nail? lol i have never taken off my rear seat, in actuality, i have a hard time putting my seat cowl back on. :o

Fine, I'll install yours. :D

nattygirl
February 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM

I have a really hard time getting my seat on also, I struggle every time. I thought maybe I just got a bad seat.

Cuongism
February 5th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I'll be #5. Football will be over in a couple of days.

Cazper
February 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I'll be #5. Football will be over in a couple of days.
Yeah on that note I hope we weren't trying to do this tomorrow...lol. Not that I think they would ship it that quick! I'm not missing the Superbowl even though I don't care for either team ;)

EddieNewYork
February 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM
1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay
3. Cazper
4. Blackwidow
5. Cuongism

Cool! Ok, to speed things up and make paying easier, I decided to front the money for everyone and will collect payment at the meet. I'm going to send Randall a cashiers check on Monday and will update everyone via this thread when the product arrives.

If all goes as planned, I should have them in time for a meet date of Feb 19 Sat or Feb 20 Sun. Dosen't matter to me which day so please post which day you prefer and I'll make it official. :D

Cazper
February 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I personally prefer Sat... Sun is my relax day...lol. looking forward to it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Cuongism
February 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Haha I'm the opposite, I prefer Sunday the 20th. Gotta help Paulette find a wedding dress on Saturdays ;)

nattygirl
February 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I prefer a sunday as well.

Blackwidow
February 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I have a really hard time getting my seat on also, I struggle every time. I thought maybe I just got a bad seat.

when i got pulled over on my motorcycle, i had my insurance card in my "trunk" so i had to remove my seat to get to my insurance card to give to the cop. after he ran everything, i was having a hard time putting the seat back on, so me and the cop were trying to figure out how to put the damn thing on. he eventually figured it out. lol for some reason i have to sort of bend the seat to be able to slip it on.

Blackwidow
February 5th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Haha I'm the opposite, I prefer Sunday the 20th. Gotta help Paulette find a wedding dress on Saturdays ;)

LOOOOL hilarous! my saturdays are dedicated to my wedding stuff, its so nice to know someone around here listens to me. haha XOXO

With that said, sundays are good for me

sherjay
February 5th, 2011, 11:08 PM
2/20 for me

Cazper
February 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Wow... guess I got out voted... looks like Sunday is going to be the day. Will keep my eyes posted for details.

headshrink
February 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I have one, and like it. It is relatively small and a cinch to install.... I mean plug in. I will confirm though that it definitely blinks too many times for CA. Mine blinks X8. However, I have never had a problem with it. I had a cop unfamiliar with the headlight modulator, and flagged me down to talk about it, but they have never bothered me about the no-cut modulator. CHP only complained that I was speeding. LOL. For the ease and money, I would recommend it.

EddieNewYork
February 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I have one, and like it. It is relatively small and a cinch to install.... I mean plug in. I will confirm though that it definitely blinks too many times for CA. Mine blinks X8. However, I have never had a problem with it. I had a cop unfamiliar with the headlight modulator, and flagged me down to talk about it, but they have never bothered me about the no-cut modulator. CHP only complained that I was speeding. LOL. For the ease and money, I would recommend it.

Thanks for the info headshrink. Is that 8 flashes with the green wire cut or not cut?

Cool 2/20 it is. And, since BW can't take the freeways yet, do you guys mind meeting up in Pasadena? :)

Also if you are coming just for the meet and ride part please add yourself to the list so we know who's coming.

1. EddieNewYork
2. Sherjay
3. Cazper
4. Blackwidow
5. Cuongism

nattygirl
February 7th, 2011, 10:15 AM

What's a headlight modulator?

Count me in for the ride also. I'm still in break in period as well, so no freeways for me either.

Alex
February 7th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Headlight modulators continually flash the headlight. They generally disable themselves at night.

EddieNewYork
February 7th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Count me in for the ride also. I'm still in break in period as well, so no freeways for me either.

Noted. Meet details edited in the first post. Mark your calendars. :)

headshrink
February 7th, 2011, 12:45 PM
The 8X flashed is with the green loop NOT cut. IIRC, it would blink twice as many times if cut.

EddieNewYork
February 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
The 8X flashed is with the green loop NOT cut. IIRC, it would blink twice as many times if cut.

Thanks for the clarification on that headshrink.

EddieNewYork
February 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Is everyone cool on the location and time? (see revised first post)

If not, suggestions? Just remember, BlackWidow (South Pasadena) and Nattygirl (La Puente) can't do freeways yet.

Cuongism
February 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Is everyone cool on the location and time? (see revised first post)

If not, suggestions? Just remember, BlackWidow (South Pasadena) and Nattygirl (La Puente) can't do freeways yet.

How bout seaworld? I can get you guys directions for surface streets :p
Just kidding btw.

CZroe
February 7th, 2011, 06:45 PM
$22? How much are they sans group-buy?

Cazper
February 7th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I just Mapquested the directions... almost a 2 hr ride for me :eek::eek:

I guess I'll do it if I have to... but I sure wouldn't mind a little closer down this way... I can only imagine for Cuongism who is coming from San Diego :eek::eek::eek:

nattygirl
February 8th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Maybe we can meet like in the whittier area. That's a bit closer towards the 5 freeway. Might save them like 20 min of riding.

EddieNewYork
February 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
$22? How much are they sans group-buy?

Sorry CZroe, I already sent the money order, pm me... maybe I can work something out. Or if someone changed their mind, anyone?

I just Mapquested the directions... almost a 2 hr ride for me :eek::eek:

I guess I'll do it if I have to... but I sure wouldn't mind a little closer down this way... I can only imagine for Cuongism who is coming from San Diego :eek::eek::eek:

Open to suggestions.

Maybe we can meet like in the whittier area. That's a bit closer towards the 5 freeway. Might save them like 20 min of riding.

Where at in Whittier?

devmasa
February 8th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I am interested in the modulator,in case anyone backs out.

EddieNewYork
February 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I am interested in the modulator,in case anyone backs out.

Noted. I'll pm you if anyone changes their mind.

Cazper
February 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Open to suggestions.
Not sure of too much closer that way... just complaining for no real reason... if we are going to do that location can we at least do it earlier so that by the time we finish I'm not having to drive home too late?

EddieNewYork
February 8th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Not sure of too much closer that way... just complaining for no real reason... if we are going to do that location can we at least do it earlier so that by the time we finish I'm not having to drive home too late?

Sure man... what time do you wanna meet there?

Cazper
February 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I would like to see either 10 or 11... I know that means me leaving the house around 8 or 9... but at least then I could hang out longer before going home. Not sure how early Cuongism want to do it... seeing as how his commute is probably closer to 3 hrs vice my 2 hrs... just a thought?!?!

Cuongism
February 9th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Google maps says 1 hour 55 minutes for me so more like 1.5 hours. I've made it into LA in a little over an hour before, but on my CBR. Anytime works really, but earlier does mean I don't have to have a clear visor.

EddieNewYork
February 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Updated first post. New time is now 10:30 AM. ;) Location is the same for now.

Blackwidow
February 9th, 2011, 10:48 AM
what a nightmare this is becoming! lol and to think, its cuz of us chicks that can't ride freeways. LOL

Cuongism
February 9th, 2011, 10:51 AM
what a nightmare this is becoming! lol and to think, its cuz of us chicks that can't ride freeways. LOL

Haha, how long are you gonna use the "break-in period" excuse? :p

Blackwidow
February 9th, 2011, 10:54 AM
as long as i possibily can. you can blame this site, the more stories i hear, the more i want to stay away from those crazy freeways!

nattygirl
February 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I'm with Paulette. I drive to LA everyday and there is no way I would ride my motorcycle in LA traffic. People are just too careless. But I really am still in my break-in period. Only 244 miles. I don't get to ride as often as I would like.

EddieNewYork
February 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Freeways are safer though... no one making a left turn if front of you... no one pulling out of a driveway in front of you... no one running red lights... :D

devmasa
February 9th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Freeways are safer though... no one making a left turn if front of you... no one pulling out of a driveway in front of you... no one running red lights... :D

Los Angeles freeways are full of people merging into your lane without a signal, prople driving SUVs too oversized for their driving capabilities, people talking on cell phones paying no heed to traffic around them, women putting make up steering their SUVs with their legs, tuner cars trying to show who is the fastest...all of this at 70+ mph
fun times

EddieNewYork
February 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Los Angeles freeways are full of people merging into your lane without a signal, prople driving SUVs too oversized for their driving capabilities, people talking on cell phones paying no heed to traffic around them, women putting make up steering their SUVs with their legs, tuner cars trying to show who is the fastest...all of this at 70+ mph
fun times

People drive like that on surface streets too. :D But, yeah freeways are no joke either.

I forgot to add the one pertaining to this group buy... gettting rear ended. :p

Cuongism
February 9th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Btw, do we know what roads we're riding?

EddieNewYork
February 9th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Btw, do we know what roads we're riding?

Not really... there's no cool routes that I know of over there, unless we go north but that takes you guys further away from home.

EddieNewYork
February 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM
We could all meet up in Santa Monica, that way we can cruise up or down PCH or something. I dunno... any suggestions?

Cazper
February 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Just a suggestion... but since I'm already driving 90 miles... (which I'm fine with just so you guys know)... why don't we do GMR? (Glendora Mountain Road) For me thats 89 miles and I'm sure we could find a Starbucks or something in Glendora and then have an awesome ride up GMR? Just a thought...

EddieNewYork
February 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Just a suggestion... but since I'm already driving 90 miles... (which I'm fine with just so you guys know)... why don't we do GMR? (Glendora Mountain Road) For me thats 89 miles and I'm sure we could find a Starbucks or something in Glendora and then have an awesome ride up GMR? Just a thought...

PM'd you.

Cazper
February 9th, 2011, 10:57 PM
PM'd you back :thumbup:

isikkest
February 10th, 2011, 02:53 AM
If you guys decide on riding near Santa Monica I may join you guys ...

devmasa
February 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Are these modulators legal in California? ...I am sure you guys must have researched this...but just making sure

EddieNewYork
February 11th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Are these modulators legal in California? ...I am sure you guys must have researched this...but just making sure

Not dot legal by the number of flashes in CA. See first post.

Alex
February 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I believe that if you do not cut the green wire, and it only flashes 3 times before going solid, it falls on the legal side of the line. If you cut the green wire (like I did), the light continues to flash, and is no longer legal. But if I hadn't done that, I would be continuing to release and engage the lever anyway while stopped, and now I don't have to do that.

devmasa
February 11th, 2011, 02:53 PM
so the default behavior is to keep flashing anytime you brake, am I correct ? or it flashes and goes steady for a certain time period before flashing again ? (like the comagination one )
If it doesnt go steady then my brake light would be flashing all the time in rush hour traffic.

Havok
February 13th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I will go to the ride and meet. Add me to the list.

EddieNewYork
February 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I will go to the ride and meet. Add me to the list.

Added you. :)

Havok
February 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Added you. :)

Thanks can't wait! Though if you guys ride GMR I am going to skip that one. With my cracked rib and it being as technical as it is seems to be a recipi for disaster for me lol.

Cazper
February 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks can't wait! Though if you guys ride GMR I am going to skip that one. With my cracked rib and it being as technical as it is seems to be a recipi for disaster for me lol.
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast... you'd be fine, just stay in your ability level ;)

Havok
February 14th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast... you'd be fine, just stay in your ability level ;)

Yea self control, I keep meaning to pick some of that up when I go to the store I just keep forgetting lol.

Tbh I still am unsure why I went down and my confidence is a bit shakey right now, my ribs hurt when I try and go full lean and I am missing my front left turn signal. Soooo yea GMR is out of the picture till spring lol.

There is a chance I might have to take my truck anyway as I may be droping my fairing off to get painted as the rash on it is driving me nuts lol.

Cuongism
February 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Forecast is showing a few showers. Hope you guys got rain gear!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/cuongism/c2cab6ea.jpg

Blackwidow
February 16th, 2011, 12:44 PM
if i'm too chicken to ride on the freeways, there is no way i'm gonna ride during the rain.

nattygirl
February 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
if i'm too chicken to ride on the freeways, there is no way i'm gonna ride during the rain.

+1 :eek:

Cazper
February 17th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I have included the weekend weather forcast for Monterey Park... straight from weather.com. As you can see there is only a 10% chance of rain. I'm the one coming from 2 hrs away... lets not call this off for a 10% chance of rain :(

Cuongism
February 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Good call, I was looking at San Diego as well. As we get closer and closer to Sunday, the chance of precip. is also dropping. It was 70% two days ago, 50% yesterday and now it's only 30%. Our San Diegan meteorologist also admitted to masturbating in public this week, so I guess he's allowed to be off.

EddieNewYork
February 17th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Just checked the weather again and it shows NO RAIN this Sunday. Ride is still ON! Is everyone still coming? Please check in if you are.

Havok
February 17th, 2011, 01:33 PM

So take your cage ip there and have coffee with us! We can chat it up and argue over which color ninjette is the fastest. I will be in my truck as I took my plastics off and am getting the scratched side fixed up. I also don't want to ride it with a busted blinker.

Havok
February 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Since I will be in my truck you guys need me to bring any tool? Hex keys, screwdrivers, electrical tape or wire cutters?

EddieNewYork
February 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Since I will be in my truck you guys need me to bring any tool? Hex keys, screwdrivers, electrical tape or wire cutters?

Cool, support truck. :thumbup:

EddieNewYork
February 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Just got back from the post office. :)

Cuongism
February 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Dibs on the one in the middle! See you guys Sunday! I'll bring a gopro if you guys want any of it on video.

EddieNewYork
February 17th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Dibs on the one in the middle! See you guys Sunday! I'll bring a gopro if you guys want any of it on video.

Hahaha! I'm bringing my gopro too! :D

Cuongism
February 17th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I wish I had my gopro on today, almost jackknifed a car. I'm in the left lane in a two lane street going straight. There's a car in the a plaza to my right that was trying to make a left and thought it best to stop her car right in the middle of the street blocking me (and there's no oncoming cars to the lanes she's trying to merge into). I did learn to stoppie today though :D

Blackwidow
February 17th, 2011, 02:49 PM
i'll still come, if it rains i'll come in my CAR...my cage doesn't have wheels on it. soooo, we're meeting in Santa monica?

Cuongism
February 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Have you seen the new harley davidson video? They're driving around in actual cages.

Blackwidow
February 17th, 2011, 02:54 PM
nope.

EddieNewYork
February 17th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I wish I had my gopro on today, almost jackknifed a car. I'm in the left lane in a two lane street going straight. There's a car in the a plaza to my right that was trying to make a left and thought it best to stop her car right in the middle of the street blocking me (and there's no oncoming cars to the lanes she's trying to merge into). I did learn to stoppie today though :D

:thumbup: on the stoppie.

I know! Everytime something happens (a) I don't have my gopro or (b) my battery died mintues prior. :doh:

EddieNewYork
February 17th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I haven't seen the video either.

i'll still come, if it rains i'll come in my CAR...my cage doesn't have wheels on it. soooo, we're meeting in Santa monica?

If it rains, I'm driving my cage too. :D

Since, no one said OK to Santa Monica, it looks like we're still meeting up in Montery Park.

Blackwidow
February 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
super, monterey park it is...see you guys then.

nattygirl
February 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Count me in still!

Cazper
February 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Glad to see everyone is still in! I'll ride either way... yes even if it's raining and even though I have almost the farthest to go :thumbup:

sherjay
February 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Monterey+Park+CA+USCA0725

It always changes though. Let's hope for a downpour now so that it'll be clear on Sunday. Fingers crossed.

EddieNewYork
February 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Monterey+Park+CA+USCA0725

It always changes though. Let's hope for a downpour now so that it'll be clear on Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Bummer... just a thought, is everyone off this monday (holiday) and want to move the date?

sherjay
February 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Bummer... just a thought, is everyone off this monday (holiday) and want to move the date?

Im still on for Sunday. Monday I'm not sure. My schedule at work is messed up for the moment. Let's not give up hope yet. :pray:

Blackwidow
February 18th, 2011, 10:41 AM
i think i have kidney infection, my back has been killing me for days, i'm praying that it goes away by sunday, cuz i can't lean forward or sit up/stand up straight, if it doens't go away by sunday i won't be able to ride, but i'll be there in my car...i have to meet all you fine people! :)

sherjay
February 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
i think i have kidney infection, my back has been killing me for days, i'm praying that it goes away by sunday, cuz i can't lean forward or sit up/stand up straight, if it doens't go away by sunday i won't be able to ride, but i'll be there in my car...i have to meet all you fine people! :)

Are you running a fever? Cranberry juice can help, good for UTI. Hydration is the key. I hope you feel better.

Blackwidow
February 18th, 2011, 11:27 AM
nope no fever, the only thing wrong with me is the crazy back pain. I've taken extra strenght tylenol and it didn't help, I even put GayBen, i mean Bengay and it didn't help. which is why i think its internal. Thanks though! :)

EddieNewYork
February 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Aww, hope you feel better soon.

nattygirl
February 18th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Sorry guys, looks like I'm out for this Sunday. My mom, who was supposed to watch my two boys for me so we can go riding, decided she would rather go gambling instead and is going to Pachenga on Sunday. So I won't be able to make it :(

Cazper
February 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Although I'm off Monday my wife has an appointment so it would only work for me to stay on Sunday :thumbup:

EddieNewYork
February 19th, 2011, 02:55 PM
See you guys tomorrow. :thumbup:

Hitman
February 20th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I'm in. Thanks for letting me know Sherjay.

EddieNewYork
February 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I'm in. Thanks for letting me know Sherjay.

Cool, see you there!

Cazper
February 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I got here a little early... see everyone when you get here!
Posted via Mobile Device

Havok
February 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks eddie for setting this all up. Was a good time, had fun chatting and eating lunch with all of you. I was lime green with envy over not being on my bike but glad i went in my truck. Hope the ride on PCH after lunch was good.

here are some random pics i snapped.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5252/5463451502_3009c25276.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463451502/)
IMG_0017 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463451502/) by Havok3c (http://www.flickr.com/people/54725003@N07/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5051/5463451998_191f4fe5c1.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463451998/)
IMG_0018 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463451998/) by Havok3c (http://www.flickr.com/people/54725003@N07/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5463452504_ee60f67448.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463452504/)
IMG_0019 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463452504/) by Havok3c (http://www.flickr.com/people/54725003@N07/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5462852001_a3ca1f6187.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5462852001/)
IMG_0020 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5462852001/) by Havok3c (http://www.flickr.com/people/54725003@N07/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5218/5463453986_61f332e064.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463453986/)
IMG_0033 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5463453986/) by Havok3c (http://www.flickr.com/people/54725003@N07/), on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5180/5462853375_2f54143bf8.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5462853375/)
IMG_0034 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54725003@N07/5462853375/) by Havok3c (http://www.flickr.com/people/54725003@N07/), on Flickr

Cazper
February 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I had a really good time, thanks for putting this together! Lovin' my brake modulator too :thumbup:

Ride was scenic... food was good... company was great!!! Look forward to getting together again! You guys made me want several more things for my bike...lol.

Havok
February 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I had a really good time, thanks for putting this together! Lovin' my brake modulator too :thumbup:

Ride was scenic... food was good... company was great!!! Look forward to getting together again! You guys made me want several more things for my bike...lol.

No kidding! I think this coffee and lunch just cost me about 800 bucks in mods lol.

Cuongism
February 20th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Seriously, all I see are shiny headers...
I'm watching the footage right now. Freeway is fairly boring so I'll just put up random clips when I compress down the video a little.

Edit: Unfortunately, turns out the camera battery died before we hit Pacific Coast Highway, so don't even have the scenic video. I'm sure the professional photographer will put up some great pics though.

EddieNewYork
February 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the pics Havok!

Fun meet guys! Thx to everyone who came out! Esp Cuongism and Cazpe for riding so far to meet us. :thumbup: Very nice meeting ya'll. Had a blast. It was also cool to see those modulators working. Also, thx to BW's fiance for leading the group and John for sweeping. ;) LB was a great idea!

@Cuongism - that always happens, lol! Looking forward to the vid anywayz :) Oh and thx for the helmet holder extension thingy!!

Hitman
February 20th, 2011, 10:49 PM
It was great to meet all of you. We definately have to do this again. Made some cool new friends.

isikkest
February 21st, 2011, 12:34 AM
Looks like you guys had fun ... Definitely will make it to the next one !!!

Havok
February 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Lol i just got yelled at by one of my coworkers and I am blaming cazper. When I got to work my friend was yelling at me about riding with my cracked ribs and how they won't heal and I can cause permanent damage so on and so forth. I was quite confused and told her my bike has been parked since Tuesday night. She tells me she saw me around seal beach with a group of people and I started to laugh. She saw all of you guys and with caz's bike looking like mine and both of us being pretty close in hight thought it was me lol.

We need to do this again soon.

sherjay
February 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Here are some pics I took. I should have taken more. Maybe next time.

Alex
February 21st, 2011, 10:36 AM
:kewlpics:

Cuongism
February 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Haha, what's with the gangsta signs in the last pic. Looks like Eddie is offering the peace sign while also fighting the power...

Here's the first clip (available in HD) I've uploaded. Starts off with ladies liking the two wheels, some brake modulating action, and then trying to count how many ponytails Paulette has. I'm currently uploading the second clip which should take about an hour. Unfortunately there were three things I didn't get on camera since it died:
-we passed by at least 20 bikers and you guys all waved in unison; it was quite poetic.
-when we reached the ocean, I tried just staring at it for a minute to get it all on camera.
-three scooters leaving us in their dust :ashamed10:

yr2QiGWB-Ic

Cazper
February 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Some great pics and a cool video, man my exhaust is loud!! Now theres another thing I need to get...lol. You guys are expensive friends...lol.

EddieNewYork
February 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Fight the power... lmao!! That's Paulette's hand, but at first glance it looks like mine, lol. Dam, I stalled in the video leaving the parking lot, haha. I didn't even see those girls getting on your bike before we left, lol. Thx for sharing part one!

@ shejay thx for pics doode! :thumbup:

@ Havok glad you still made it out. :D Hope you heal up soon.

Cuongism
February 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
Since it's been raining here (shocking!), canyons were probably out of the question because of all the crud that will be on the streets. We decided to go on the scenic route down PCH to Huntington Beach. Nothing really exciting in this video, but it'll remind non-Socal'ers what the sun looks like; plus there's palm trees and a bit of the ocean :D

7Kr7YwUpjGU

xl3ox
February 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
first there were a couple riders then this last one is about 8 riders. next one will be about 16 riders. hehe. growing rapidly. cool pix. this should be done weekly alternating S.D. and L.A. as meet up location lol. pretty soon we will be sponsored by Starbucks and kawasaki.

Cazper
February 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
I was hoping you were going to come with me Rom... it was a great time and thanks for the videos Cuong!!! pretty cool to see myself ride...lol. Looking forward to the next get together... will keep my eyes peeled!!

checho323
February 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Wow looks like fun, maybe next time I can join you guys :D

sherjay
February 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
@ shejay thx for pics doode! :thumbup:

It's sherjay fool! I know it sounds gay but it's me and my girlfriend's name (Sheryl and Arjay) put together. :mad:

EddieNewYork
February 21st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Wow looks like fun, maybe next time I can join you guys :D

Did I wave to you 2 weekends ago at a stop light heading northbound on I think it was Baldwin Ave in Arcadia? I was on a black ninja.

It's sherjay fool! I know it sounds gay but it's me and my girlfriend's name (Sheryl and Arjay) put together. :mad:

LMAO!! sorry my bad. :D

Blackwidow
February 22nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
great pics guys! sunday was the best time ever!!! It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Thanks for not making fun of my pigtails too much! haha I can't wait till our next meet so I can ride instead of riding passenger.

Havok
February 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM
great pics guys! sunday was the best time ever!!! It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Thanks for not making fun of my pigtails too much! haha I can't wait till our next meet so I can ride instead of riding passenger.

Start getting some freeway time in /hint

Blackwidow
February 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
i'm so scared.

nattygirl
February 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
How many miles are you at Paulette? Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I could've joined you. I wouldn't have been able to do the PCH route, but it would've been cool to at least meet you guys in Monterey Park. Hopefully next meet.

Havok
February 22nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
i'm so scared.

Nothing to be scared of and if you ever want I'll be more then happy to come out there and sweep to make sure no one in a cage is behind you :)

Blackwidow
February 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
How many miles are you at Paulette? Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I could've joined you. I wouldn't have been able to do the PCH route, but it would've been cool to at least meet you guys in Monterey Park. Hopefully next meet.

about 430 miles. ya I was sad that you didn't come...I was telling the guys i wished you had come, it would have been nice with another girl in the group.

Blackwidow
February 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Nothing to be scared of and if you ever want I'll be more then happy to come out there and sweep to make sure no one in a cage is behind you :)

Thanks Jeff... you're such a nice guy! I think its the speed that freaks me out.

checho323
February 22nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Did I wave to you 2 weekends ago at a stop light heading northbound on I think it was Baldwin Ave in Arcadia? I was on a black ninja.

No LOL, wasn't me.

LMAO!! sorry my bad. :D

Cuongism
February 22nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Honestly from what I remember, the speed thing is just a hump. Once you're over it, you're surprised why the fear was there in the first place.

When I first started, I practiced by putt-ing around neighborhoods and parking lots. I realize now that faster speeds equate to smoother riding. 3rd-5th gear feel a lot smoother than 1st or 2nd will. Once I went over 55mph, the fear just disappears and you get used to it.

Just have your fiancé go up to 140mph and 70mph will feel like nothing :D

Alex
February 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
about 430 miles.

About? What would be considered precisely, 430.27? :p

Blackwidow
February 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
About? What would be considered precisely, 430.27? :p

Hey look everyone, Alex is a comedian :rolleyes::p

Havok
February 22nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks Jeff... you're such a nice guy! I think its the speed that freaks me out.

Yup it was for me as well but that is easy enough to work on. My girl will be in town for the next few weekends but after that I am all yours if you wan a ride partner. It is a standing offer just say the word.

Alex
February 22nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
:drum:

nattygirl
February 22nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
about 430 miles. ya I was sad that you didn't come...I was telling the guys i wished you had come, it would have been nice with another girl in the group.

You got way more miles than me. I'm only at like 240. It's hard for me to go riding because of the kids. I don't like riding alone, I prefer to have my fiance with me, so it's hard for us to both get out riding, unless we have a sitter. :(

EddieNewYork
February 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM

I will also sweep and be your pace bike. :D Will stay in the slow lane... get on for an exit or two and then exit. Stop so you can have a cig and then do it again and we'll keep doing that until you're comfortable. :thumbup: Btw, did you install your modulator? :)

Oh and if anyone needs an invoice for their modulators, shoot me your email and I'll send it to you. (it's not individual ones but it has the quantity 5 and the total)

Blackwidow
February 22nd, 2011, 05:14 PM
i feel the luv. lol

no i didn't a chance to install it yet...i'll do that tomorrow fo sho'.

Cazper
February 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Okay, enough of the excuses... my wife is willing to sit... of coarse that only works if you guys bring kids down here. As far as the speed... you won't know until you at least try... you'll realize that it's pretty much nothing once you're doing it... we could however see what kinda trade in you can get on your bike for a Honda Rebel 250... lol, I kid... I kid...

I know you have it in you... try little grasshopper... we definitely need a big turnout for the next one!!! Gotta match that showing from the other biker group at the restaurant...lol. Where are our vests... :thumbup:

Blackwidow
February 23rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
i'll try to get on the freeway this sunday if the weather permits...at least on sundays everyone is at church so there isn't much traffic on the freeway...no promises though. :P

and BTW Caz...i'm not a grasshopper, i'm a spider. lol

EddieNewYork
February 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
i'll try to get on the freeway this sunday if the weather permits...at least on sundays everyone is at church so there isn't much traffic on the freeway...no promises though. :P

Call me up if you do. I'll bring my gopro. ;)

Cazper
February 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Call me up if you do. I'll bring my gopro. ;)
Good... at least that way there will be proof...lol. :p

Blackwidow
February 24th, 2011, 09:24 AM
what is a gopro?

EddieNewYork
February 24th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Good... at least that way there will be proof...lol. :p

lol

what is a gopro?

Video camera that Cuong had mounted to his helmet. ;)

http://gopro.com/

Blackwidow
February 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM
It was great to meet all of you. We definately have to do this again. Made some cool new friends.

I thought i told you to start posting more often...whats the deal yo? get on it!!!

Blackwidow
February 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM

that is the most sweetest thing ever...you're such a helpless romantic. lol

so when you popping the question? :D

Blackwidow
February 24th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Video camera that Cuong had mounted to his helmet. ;)

http://gopro.com/

Fantastic, i'm sure Daniel would love to have a footage of how i kill myself. :(

Cuongism
February 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Fantastic, i'm sure Daniel would love to have a footage of how i kill myself. :(

Should make filing a life insurance claim easier for him.

Hitman
February 24th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I thought i told you to start posting more often...whats the deal yo? get on it!!!

Ok ok ...I'm here :thumbup:

Yea! That's post number 17!

Blackwidow
February 24th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Ok ok ...I'm here :thumbup:

Yea! That's post number 17!

:thumbup: i'm so proud of you! lol now that wasn't too hard was it?

hope you're doing good!

Blackwidow
February 24th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Should make filing a life insurance claim easier for him.

:mad: