View Full Version : Scary commuting by bike in Dublin(Ireland)

karlosdajackal
February 2nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Not one of my own vids, but does kind of show just how bad we are over this side of the pond.

QE2xNtjJeC0

wvninja
February 2nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
wow .. the one where he slammed on his brakes to stop for the car that was going to park .. I would've pulled into the spot and flipped them off.

SteveL
February 2nd, 2011, 08:09 AM
Hasn’t changed much since I last drove around in Dublin in the late 60’s :eek:

Steve

wvninja
February 2nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
When I think about over there .. this comes to mind

ljPFZrRD3J8

by the way .. whats the V mean he makes with his hand. It's obviously profanity but he also uses the middle finger so ..

karlosdajackal
February 2nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
When I think about over there .. this comes to mind

ljPFZrRD3J8

by the way .. whats the V mean he makes with his hand. It's obviously profanity but he also uses the middle finger so ..

The word he says when he does it (that has four letters and starts with F and ends with K, F**K) is essentially what it means. Story behind it is the English archers used to stick those 2 fingers up to the French in defiance, because if the French caught them they would cut those 2 fingers off as payback :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if that story is true, probably the English trying to take credit for inventing everything as per usual. But yea the meaning is essentially "V" your honda civic :D

We use the 1 finger salute also.

wvninja
February 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
The word he says when he does it (that has four letters and starts with F and ends with K, F**K) is essentially what it means. Story behind it is the English archers used to stick those 2 fingers up to the French in defiance, because if the French caught them they would cut those 2 fingers off as payback :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if that story is true, probably the English trying to take credit for inventing everything as per usual. But yea the meaning is essentially "V" your honda civic :D

We use the 1 finger salute also.

haha awesome thanks!

i do drive a honda civic LOL

CC Cowboy
February 2nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
That's a tough commute to the pub. I'd find a closer pub if I was you.

Live2ride
February 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Not one of my own vids, but does kind of show just how bad we are over this side of the pond.

That's the best song ever.

Azhyen
February 4th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I was wondering how all of (if) you deal with your daily commute rides. Lane sharing can be a tricky thing if you're not completely alert. Oh and don't get sucked into tunnel vision. Either way, it can't be as bad as what this guy goes through...

QE2xNtjJeC0

harlumjp
February 4th, 2011, 12:37 AM
that does NOT look like a fun place to ride...

before my wreck, i was commuting 20 miles each way to school, it was starting to get weary, cold in the morning....basically I would just hang in there and stay in the carpool lane away from everyone...
i was even considering wearing one earphone just for the commute...

Alex
February 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM
/merged with similar thread

Darling Ninja
February 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Oh wow. I thought L.A. traffic was bad. This tops it.

Azhyen
February 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
/merged with similar thread

Thanks Alex, I probably should've done a more through search, my mistake.

See if people run lights like that regularly I wonder if it's just better not to have lights at all. That's how things are for the most part in third world countries like the Philippines and everyone uses a cultural general rule of thumb while driving. The thing is I probably see no more or less accidents like I do in America when I take trips the Phils.

Alex
February 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM
No worries! Reposts aren't criminal. Yet. :) :thumbup:

ungluck
February 5th, 2011, 06:58 PM
spent 3 weeks in ireland last year..almsot the whole month of march. wish we could move there. its amazing,my friends, the food, the weather, our cars beign there would be sick and we have trade friendly jobs as well.

video: i would've givin a few 5 finger sammiches to people..wow..we walked dublin for 3 days then spent the rest fo the time traveling and stayin with friends, only drove a car in dublin for like..15 minutes lol...riding would be completely insane, fun but insane lol. intense!