View Full Version : Request to Retain Closed Shinto Threads

gfloyd2002
February 9th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Alex,

Thanks for new Shinto ban. We are all sick of reading about it and all the drama. But do you think it might be possible, while enforcing your outstanding new policy of keeping Shinto and discussion of Shinto from this site, to keep the closed threads around? It would be a nice warning to anyone who may want to deal with them. I did briefly consider a Shinto order and was warned away by all the poor service evidenced here. (This perspective is lacking on newninja, for example.)

KURT
February 9th, 2011, 05:33 AM
I have to agree with Floyd. We would be doing a disservice to enthusiasts, if we helped to whitewash Shinto's reputation.

kkim
February 9th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I don't think Alex has any plans to delete the threads, but with them being closed and with no added responses, they will eventually sink to the bottom of the thread pool, being buried by the many new threads that will be added to this site in the future. What happened here is indeed unfortunate and hopefully Alex will see fit to uphold his decision and delete this thread once he sees the subject matter.

If this is true, anyone who does a search on their own can find out what happened on this site and can decide for themselves to further jeopardize their own wallet or not.

A leopard cannot change his spots.

nattygirl
February 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I already PMd Alex about this. This was my message and his response.

edit (and Alex just deleted PM info from this post)

nattygirl
February 9th, 2011, 10:25 AM
This is what I wrote back to him, but haven't received a response about it.

Completely understandable. Well maybe rather than making Shinto completely disappear from Ninjette.org, how about you make a new thread stating that Ninjette.org does not support Shinto for the following reasons, and that you do not recommend purchasing from them. Close it and leave it at that. Then delete all of the other shinto threads. That way when people outside of ninjette google shinto, they will at least get that much. Plus our ninjette community will know as well. (Even though a majority are well aware of shinto's reputation anyways).

Natalie

Nemesis
February 9th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I PM'd him too few days ago and my understanding is that he will delete them after a week or so. I totally understand his perspective but I also do believe as a motorcycle community, not just in this forum but as a collective, we should be looking out for one another. And leaving the threads existent, though not necessarily open, is a good thing for all.

Just my .02

Alex
February 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Natalie -

Please do not post contents of PM's publicly, it is specifically prohibited in our TOS for a reason.

Thx,
Alex

Alex
February 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I hear you all, and I'll take your thoughts into consideration; but my first priority is always going to be the users of this particular website rather than the internet as a whole.

nattygirl
February 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Natalie -

Please do not post contents of PM's publicly, it is specifically prohibited in our TOS for a reason.

Thx,
Alex

Sorry, I didn't realize it was prohibited. :ashamed10:

Alex
February 9th, 2011, 12:25 PM
No harm, no foul. :thumbup: There was nothing particularly sensitive in this case, it's just key for people to understand that they can have discussions via PM's without the worry of things being splashed onto public threads right afterwards.

FrugalNinja250
February 9th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I, too would think it's a good idea to not delete the Shinto threads. Deleting information like that is like a record expungement, effectively giving Shinto a clean sheet. That would be appropriate after they've made proper restitution and establish some sort of positive reputation, but until then I honestly think it's a disservice to the potential future victims in this community.

Live2ride
February 9th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I gotta agree with Alex on this one, the majority of all the shinto threads consisted of argumentative comments and / or rude remarks. If my understanding is correct, there were new people joining our forum specifically for the purpose of posting / responding to said comments. I don't think that is what these forums are about. These forums are not about bashing companies or criticizing individual people, they're about enjoying our ninjettes and those threads only detracted from that.

BIGT94z
February 10th, 2011, 03:23 AM
i have been off the forum for 3 months ( been focusing on school) i hope shinto does the right thing and refunds money to those people who have been waiting for parts ( me included)

dubojr1
February 10th, 2011, 07:33 AM
i have been off the forum for 3 months ( been focusing on school) i hope shinto does the right thing and refunds money to those people who have been waiting for parts ( me included)

No offense intended but..... This post is not really what this thread is for. :o

I believe this kind of post shows Alex's thoughts. We don't want this thread turning into another "bashing" thread. :idunno:

I too expressed my concerns to Alex about finding a balance that would not only protect our current members but also to do some-what of a public service to warn others of the potential financial lose dealing with Shinto. I think closing all Shinto threads and allowing them to dwindle their way to the bottom of our achieves yet would be available for others to read will do fine. At this point we just don't need any new threads starting up and allowing this bad business deal to be all over our board here. Frankly I'm tired of the drama. Let's get back to talking about we all have in common... our ninjette's. :)

Blackwidow
February 16th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I personally found it entertaining...not the part where people got screwed left and right, not to mention Vince having Pauls back for as long as he did, but the fact that Paul kept giving excuses and excuses, it was like a soap opera...you never knew what you were gonna hear the next day.

wvninja
February 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
:grouphug:

nattygirl
February 16th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I personally found it entertaining...not the part where people got screwed left and right, not to mention Vince having Pauls back for as long as he did, but the fact that Paul kept giving excuses and excuses, it was like a soap opera...you never knew what you were gonna hear the next day.

It's been more like a nightmare for me. Still struggling to get my items. It's even worse now that shinto is banned. At least before Vince was able to get us some feedback. Now Paul is even ignoring Vince cause he thinks Vince screwed him over. The soap opera continues....

Also, to OP, no one forced you to read the threads. If you didn't want to read about it, you could have simply unsubscribed to the thread. Banning Shinto has basically screwed all of us who were waiting for items.

dubojr1
February 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
It's been more like a nightmare for me. Still struggling to get my items. It's even worse now that shinto is banned. At least before Vince was able to get us some feedback. Now Paul is even ignoring Vince cause he thinks Vince screwed him over. The soap opera continues....

Also, to OP, no one forced you to read the threads. If you didn't want to read about it, you could have simply unsubscribed to the thread. Banning Shinto has basically screwed all of us who were waiting for items.

I'm not sure I understand... Can't you guys still PM Vince and get any update that would have been posted on the threads? I'm sure Vince is more than willing to help out. Paul still owes him a hugger too. :confused:

wvninja
February 16th, 2011, 10:53 AM
did vince take your money then give it to "shinto" .. if so then wouldn't vince be on the hook for your money .. well legally.

if you dealt directly im sorry to hear.

nattygirl
February 16th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, we can PM Vince. But Paul is ignoring him. He's in the same boat we are in. And yes, he still owes him a hugger. He will probably purposely not fulfill Vince's order, since he thinks Vince screwed him over.

Technically yes, Vince would be responsible, but I, personally, will not go after Vince. I will take it as a loss.

Blackwidow
February 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
not sure how anyone paid, but if you paid with a credit card you can dispute the charges, at least that way you can get your money back.

want1sobad
February 16th, 2011, 11:09 AM
payments were made via paypal SEVERAL months ago - not much can be done in the way of a dispute now. please understand, paul has $150 of MY money as well. he'll either come through, or he won't. i think the best thing for us to do is to continue to "bother" him with emails until we get our stuff.

wvninja
February 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM
payments were made via paypal SEVERAL months ago - not much can be done in the way of a dispute now. please understand, paul has $150 of MY money as well. he'll either come through, or he won't. i think the best thing for us to do is to continue to "bother" him with emails until we get our stuff.

:thumbup: and im not knocking you for the loss in money above. I'm just saying that it kinda sucks. At any rate if anyone transfered funds via bank account or credit card with paypal you CAN call your bank, explain that you paid for something and didn't get it and you will most likely get your money back.

want1sobad
February 16th, 2011, 11:22 AM
oh yes..........it definitely sucks:(

Alex
February 16th, 2011, 11:31 AM
/locked.

Please take it to PM's.